New CBA may be close

FentayeJones

45 minutes ago, quotemokc said:

Imagine if the cap saw an even bigger bump than usual.

Might help keep Hooper and sign Fowler.

If that $5b in new money to players has any credence, then that is ~$150m per team.  I wonder if contracts will go up in a prorated amount for the extra game?  Either way, the cap is clearly set for a nice increase. 

16 minutes ago, Cheyakita said:

LOL, to each their own. I enjoy the pre gaming and atmosphere at the stadium, especially after moving to the Home Depot backyard. That could change if we have another season like last year...

If I lived in the city I would attend. Traffic going to and coming home would feel like a mini vacation trip. 

7 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

The best seat possible in my opinion.

Don't have to worry about traffic, big crowds, and be more close to the action visibly than sitting in the stadium. Much cheaper overall as well 

Also don't have to worry about lines at the restroom and sweaty *** people pushing and shoving because it's so crowded. Can buy a 10 pack of hot dogs and buns for less than $3 combined. :D

2 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Not a fan of 17 games. Records are gonna be smashed. And uneven games is just weird. If they wanted and extra week idk why they didn't just add a second bye week.

9 home games one year; 9 away the next. “Parity” :lol:

Its a joke of a money grab and greed but they are who they are.

22 minutes ago, Schwarzwald said:

9 home games one year; 9 away the next. “Parity” :lol:

Its a joke of a money grab and greed but they are who they are.

I think the plan is that eventually every team would play a designated London or Mexico City game, which would effectively be a road game for both teams. 8 home games, 8 road games, and a designated international game.

11 hours ago, Brewcrew said:

If that $5b in new money to players has any credence, then that is ~$150m per team.  I wonder if contracts will go up in a prorated amount for the extra game?  Either way, the cap is clearly set for a nice increase. 

Yeah, I’m just wondering what we can realistically expect the cap increase to be once the smoke clears.  I’m not great at this so anyone Anna take a realistic stab??

24 minutes ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

Yeah, I’m just wondering what we can realistically expect the cap increase to be once the smoke clears.  I’m not great at this so anyone Anna take a realistic stab??

I did some digging and it looks like they are expecting the cap to be ~$200m for 2020, which is a $12m increase over 2019.  A bigger spike is expected to come in 2021 if the CBA is reached and new media deals are locked in, though I couldn’t find any projected figures.