Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ike barn87987

Falcons say TE, C, and SLB are priorities on draft day

Dimitroff hasn’t ruled out bringing Hooper back and says the team hopes to negotiate with the tight end during the free agent period. Yet, the team has admitted to people here in Indianapolis they will not be able to do as much unless there’s a new CBA in place before the start of free agency, which includes a big bump in the salary cap.

Hence, the Falcons have told people at the Combine that tight end, along with strong-side linebacker and center, are their priority positions come draft day unless something changes.

The Falcons own the 16th selection of the draft, a pair of selections in round two (numbers 47 and 55) as well as pick number 78 in round three. The Falcons could fill their desired needs during the second day of the draft with their present selections, so it will be interesting to see which direction they go in round one.

http://bit.ly/2wIoub2

1. Hooper is gone

See IG post. 

2. Please. No offensive positions in the first two rounds. At least the first two picks need to be defense. Every defensive position needs help and early draft picks need to go towards defense.

3. Get the offensive players starting round 3 or the second pick in the second round with Mack's future replacement or TE.

37 minutes ago, ike barn87987 said:

Dimitroff hasn’t ruled out bringing Hooper back and says the team hopes to negotiate with the tight end during the free agent period. Yet, the team has admitted to people here in Indianapolis they will not be able to do as much unless there’s a new CBA in place before the start of free agency, which includes a big bump in the salary cap.

Hence, the Falcons have told people at the Combine that tight end, along with strong-side linebacker and center, are their priority positions come draft day unless something changes.

The Falcons own the 16th selection of the draft, a pair of selections in round two (numbers 47 and 55) as well as pick number 78 in round three. The Falcons could fill their desired needs during the second day of the draft with their present selections, so it will be interesting to see which direction they go in round one.

http://bit.ly/2wIoub2

I'd prefer it if we didn't spend our most valuable draft capital on some of the least valuable positions on the field.  Like @The Don™ said, we need defense early, primarily line and secondary.  With defenses playing nickel around 60% of the time, you only need two linebackers on the field majority of the time, and Foye has shown more upside than Campbell, so that shouldn't be a huge drop off if any.  

This is even more reason I can't believe people want to trade up, if anything we need to trade down, we need upgrades everywhere and not much cap to do it.

59 minutes ago, The Don™ said:

1. Hooper is gone

See IG post. 

2. Please. No offensive positions in the first two rounds. At least the first two picks need to be defense. Every defensive position needs help and early draft picks need to go towards defense.

3. Get the offensive players starting round 3 or the second pick in the second round with Mack's future replacement or TE.

2. Never limit yourself to what you can pick. Cant say first 2 rou nds MUST   be DL. Thats how you end up with a JA98.

We need to draft a center with a high pick, it is absolutely a priority after all we’ve endured with OL issues over the years. Also, we Mud Duck retired, we suffered until we brought Mack in. It’s not a position to #$@& around with at all.

The good news is the Saints picked up an immediate high caliber starting C in middle of second round last year so they can be had in first two or three rounds. Needs intelligence and mobility. 

2 hours ago, The Don™ said:

1. Hooper is gone

See IG post. 

Hooper being surprisingly candid in the comments section lol. It’s too bad, will definitely miss him. 

47 minutes ago, gazoo said:

We need to draft a center with a high pick, it is absolutely a priority after all we’ve endured with OL issues over the years. Also, we Mud Duck retired, we suffered until we brought Mack in. It’s not a position to #$@& around with at all.

The good news is the Saints picked up an immediate high caliber starting C in middle of second round last year so they can be had in first two or three rounds. Needs intelligence and mobility. 

How high are you talking?  A good center can be had in the 2nd and/or 3rd rounds where we have 3 picks I think.

Edited by Chitown2ATL_Falcon

Like Dimi, looks like TATF is planning to plug gaping holes with NCAA rookie boys and hoping they come in and play at a high level in year one to save our season. Needs based drafters. Can't stand em. That's how you end up with Bustley, Puddin, King Konz, Dook, Sackmaker, Jelly, My Johnson, Dead President and Akeem The Dream Dent. Go BPA in every round, at any position, in every draft. That's how you get stacked. Fill gaping holes with vets that know how to play NFL level football on day one.

I am not sure what we’re gonna do this draft. **** one year I was 100 percent sure we were gonna draft Myles Jack after he dropped to us.........ended up taking Keanu Neal and Deion Jones 1-2. I can tell u I trust TD and DQ to draft well, because most of the time they honestly do.

11 minutes ago, AxManBigFan said:

I am not sure what we’re gonna do this draft. **** one year I was 100 percent sure we were gonna draft Myles Jack after he dropped to us.........ended up taking Keanu Neal and Deion Jones 1-2. I can tell u I trust TD and DQ to draft well, because most of the time they honestly do.

That draft also had Hoops and Campbell - winning. Tbf though there have been others that are more miss than hit. Another 2016 will save TD and probably get us into a low playoff spot 

14 minutes ago, primetime said:

That draft also had Hoops and Campbell - winning. Tbf though there have been others that are more miss than hit. Another 2016 will save TD and probably get us into a low playoff spot 

I hope he can pull of a 2016 Type draft. Honestly i think we sign a DE in FA. And that lets us go anywhere in the draft. Also I am huge on cominsky. I think the guy is a starter and a all pro in this league one day. Hopefully it’s for us. 

4 hours ago, gazoo said:

Ruiz in Rd 2 is where I hope we address C.

Well that’s a pretty good indicator that we will go after edge players in FA. Getting even an average pass rusher will be more valuable that keeping Hooper. Zach Baun, Adam Trautman, and any center could very well be our first 3 picks.