Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ike barn87987

Falcons not picking up Takks 5th year option

11 minutes ago, athell said:

They also announced they weren't going to negotiate with Vic which seemed odd and forced to me so I dunno what this new approach is man.

Hopefully more Patriots/business like. No more playing around. 

17 minutes ago, athell said:

They also announced they weren't going to negotiate with Vic which seemed odd and forced to me so I dunno what this new approach is man.

Feel like it shows/forces your hand in FA/Draft this or the draft.  Feel like this team has always done a good job hiding that and keeping it internalized, now just being blatantly open about it with both tells me something happened, or they are just fed up with both.

Can we pick up the option later? I mean it's just his third year, pardon the ignorance but why is picking up the option even a question at this point. 

EDIT: Ahh. entering his 4th year. Hard to believe he's been with us for three years already. Still, the question stands. If he has a good season can't we pick up the option in the offseason?

Edited by Dr Long Shot

15 minutes ago, Rings said:

Vic - April 25th 2018
Neal - April 24th 2019

So by that trend we still have another two months before the draft, a month for FA, just surprised they didn’t wait to see what they have before publicly saying that. 

Apparently it’s Quinn that let it slip:

Hmm...

5 minutes ago, Rings said:

Who knows what’s going on at this point hahaha.

Could be since they decided on Vic; before it was actually official?...around this time last year they are officially “waiting” instead of deciding. :shrug:

But not as easy of a pickup as the other guys given the situation this year... I can understand Quinn stating something with context failure and being misunderstood tho. Put on the spot, today...he says they aren’t...but it wasn’t meant as a final decision.

I can buy that given what we know of Takk’s health and UFA pending. If we land a longterm DE upgrade to Takk, he might be gone tho..

Edited by Schwarzwald

17 minutes ago, FalconMama said:

Blank needs to get some scouts and a GM that doesn't suck at evaluating and drafting DE's quickly. This nightmare has to end.  It's unbelievable how we keep failing at this position year after year. 

Yep, 13 years and TD as a GM has never drafted or signed a FA DE that has had multiple successful years as a Falcon.

Most pathetic, inept lack of evaluation talent on the trenches in the NFL

56 minutes ago, ZoneOne01 said:

The Falcons inability to hit on defensive ends in the draft is impressive. 

Yep TD's ability to screw up picking players on the OL and DL is REALLY impressive.

In the time he has been here only Matthews, Mack and Grady have been solid players on either of our trenches.

23 minutes ago, Rings said:

Who knows what’s going on at this point hahaha.

Wait, I thought according to some TD apologists here TD does not make decisions on players?

1 minute ago, RING OF HONOR said:

Please tell me it hasn't been that long...

That's crazy

Yep, name a single DE he has drafted that wasn't a bust? Name a single FA DE that stuck around multiple years and was good and productive?

Sad isn't it?

On the OL only Mack and Matthews have proved to be good in the long haul so TD is not much better on the OL side of things after 13 years.

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

We need real defensive players 

What’s funny is as soon as they get them the offense will suck. Never understood how our front office couldn’t find some kind of balance between the two all these years. :(

Edited by The Daywalker

1 hour ago, jidady said:

I didn't know it at the time, but the one year that Abe and Kearney were both healthy playing together was the high point for me as a Falcons fan who loves sacks.

16 years ago and they haven't had the same since. This is what's killing the Falcons. Too many busts on the DL.