Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
FentayeJones

Hooper, Campbell and Wes will hit free agency

2 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Sure am glad we have two backup guards and a backup tackle set to earn 18 million next year.  

Yes, despite some weak areas elsewhere, it's very comforting to know we're all set in the back-up OL department for this season!  

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, MAD597 said:

We are dumb ***** for letting Hooper walk, didn't even try and trade him to get something.

Hey but lets pay Vic 12 million, Freeman 6 million and Shaub 2 million to do nothing!!! sounds like a plan for success.

I hope the entire front office is cleaned out after next season

DT's FA stupidity has gotten pretty dang old. I get he is supposed to give the coaches what they ask, but it's like he never even asks any questions. The beasley thing should have at least raised an eyebrow.

9 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

It's just sad that we could have traded Hooper, and probably got a 2nd round pick at the least for him. We kept him to solidify a 7-9 Season.

It's par the course for this FO. Don't trade guys when we should. Keep guys we shouldnt. 

45 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

It's just sad that we could have traded Hooper, and probably got a 2nd round pick at the least for him. We kept him to solidify a 7-9 Season.

We will still get a 2nd or 3rd for Hooper...comp pick and Campbell I really only see us signing one free agent DE everything else draft udfa

38 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Well reports are he will reset the market and that is $10 mil per year for a TE. Vaughn McClure was one. Can’t remember the other one

NFL network Tom Pelissero said it could be 13 mil a year... He thinks they are about to reset the TE market

I'm not freaked out about losing Hooper. I guess I view TE's as a plug and play position that's not worth investing a lot of money into. Hooper is good but I'm not sure if he's 10-13 million a year good.  I wish we would've traded him and got some value in return. 

42 minutes ago, youngbloodz said:

Well reports are he will reset the market and that is $10 mil per year for a TE. Vaughn McClure was one. Can’t remember the other one

I'm familiar. What you typed is a LOT different from making the claim that I quoted. Context is important. Too often people type recklessly, then before you know it a narrative is started.

To my mind, some fans are in danger of not really understanding that almost EVERY position is about to be "reset." The old school "I'd never pay a tight end more than $10 a year" are LONG gone and not coming back. We can either accept that reality, or be perpetually outbid at every position.

The new CBA is going to destroy what people used to believe. Better to embrace it, than to stick our heads in the sand.

13 minutes ago, GATXBOI said:

We will still get a 2nd or 3rd for Hooper...comp pick and Campbell I really only see us signing one free agent DE everything else draft udfa

The third round is the highest for a comp pick.  This years free agent crop if they don't resign with their previous team is deep so maybe only get a forth for Hooper and lower for Campbell.  Should have traded them both last year if possible.

1 minute ago, Someday soon said:

The third round is the highest for a comp pick.  This years free agent crop if they don't resign with their previous team is deep so maybe only get a forth for Hooper and lower for Campbell.  Should have traded them both last year if possible.

Hooper definitely is top two tight end on the market.. Could really get a third... Campbell did improve this year and he is young any team running a4-3 would love Campbell on their team

23 minutes ago, Bunchy Carter said:

I'm familiar. What you typed is a LOT different from making the claim that I quoted. Context is important. Too often people type recklessly, then before you know it a narrative is started.

To my mind, some fans are in danger of not really understanding that almost EVERY position is about to be "reset." The old school "I'd never pay a tight end more than $10 a year" are LONG gone and not coming back. We can either accept that reality, or be perpetually outbid at every position.

The new CBA is going to destroy what people used to believe. Better to embrace it, than to stick our heads in the sand.

The new CBA will be a game changer for real

4 minutes ago, Someday soon said:

Projected for this year only 7 third round comp picks with the lowest ave salary of 13.1 million.  

So you don't think Hooper is worth one of those thirds... With him being a top 5 tight end during the season and one of the top free agent tight ends him and Henry.

Letting Hooper hit free agency really feels like a mistake. Who is going to replace his production? Luke Stocker? The completely unproven Graham? I like Jaeden's potential, but he's still like 4 years behind all the work that Hoop put in with Ryan.

I just can't believe we pay someone like Freeman and Beasley, and to a lesser extent Trufant (I think he's good but not a great scheme fit), and all of these over-priced backup O-linemen, but we can't come up with a deal for one of our top 3 receivers? Just kinda feels like the front office is feeling some buyer's remorse about guys that they signed to too big of a deal like Freeman and now Hooper doesn't get a deal cause they're scared.

I also really want someone to tell me who the **** we're going to pay with this money. I do not like this move.

Edited by ATLskinjob

1 hour ago, GATXBOI said:

So you don't think Hooper is worth one of those thirds... With him being a top 5 tight end during the season and one of the top free agent tight ends him and Henry.

I hope but if the Falcons sign a 10 mil a yr DE it will cancel out the pick

4 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

That'd be a lot of money to invest into 2 tightends. They still don't have a true WR1 on their roster as well, unless they want to treat Kittle as that. Would be interesting though, similar to Gronk and Hernandez. 

Gronk and Hernandez were a Killer duo!