UGA hires bama's S&C cochran to be an on the field coach.. One of the most respect coaches in the nation.

3 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

No one likes a poor winner. You are one of the more annoying Bama fans I've ever met.

If there's evidence then post it. Please. 

Well, look in the mirror. You are bragging and boasting about the Cochran hire while putting down Bama and laughing at Bama and I say something about winning and I'm the bad guy?

You guys are unbelievable!  You all look for anything to tear down Bama about, you say we are always cheating, with no evidence by the way, and jump down my throat about this???

This is a perfect example while Bama and Auburn fans can only agree on 1 thing, GA fans are the biggest homers in the SEC.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dude. The complete butt hurt a lot of Bama fans have with Kirby is hilarious. It’s so dumb. They didn’t have any problem whatsoever with the way he is when he was at Bama, but now that he’s at UGA he’

So that's a no on the talking without hyperbole then?

Lol.. who didn’t see this coming when this thread started?

Posted Images

Just now, BamaBirdLady said:

Well, look in the mirror. You are bragging and boasting about the Cochran hire while putting down Bama and laughing at Bama and I say something about winning and I'm the bad guy?

Show me where I did that.

And he was being hired away anyway. If not use someone else was grabbing him. You came in here acting like you didnt care but now you're butt hurt lol.

Saban should have promoted the ******* dude. 13 **** years.

31 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

No evidence you say, coming from a Bulldog fan, then it must be true! LOL

You said it wasn't a big deal, so what does it matter? Maurice Smith was hijacked by Kirby, everyone knows that. 

And to think if Smith hadn't fallen for Kirby's sales pitch, he too could be celebrating 2-26 today too!

Hijacked, as in he wanted to play for Kirby, tried to transfer to play for his former coach, and Saban put up every possible road block so he couldn't?

48 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

You all know what I am enjoying today, I almost forgot!

HAPPY 2-26 DAY!!

Another national title won for us that day and such a crazy pass, huh?

****, you're bad at this. Sign of someone who just lost an argument right there

Are you also a Patriots fan? Do you think posting 28-3 wins that argument against a Falcons fan too?

13 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Show me where I did that.

And he was being hired away anyway. If not use someone else was grabbing him. You came in here acting like you didnt care but now you're butt hurt lol.

Saban should have promoted the ******* dude. 13 **** years.

I said I would miss him and that the program would miss him. I don't think you read my first post. Hard to have context when you don't read the complete text.

Did it ever occur to you that Saban might have a reason for not promoting him? Or maybe Saban is just a stupid coach, a mean cruel tyrant as ya'll like to claim and he just want to screw Cochran over by not promoting him?

9 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

Hijacked, as in he wanted to play for Kirby, tried to transfer to play for his former coach, and Saban put up every possible road block so he couldn't?

You do realize they changed the rules about graduate transfer within the conference due to Maurice Smith. There were conference rules that prohibited his transfer to GA at that time. Saban was following the rules and helped change the rule so he could transfer. 

17 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

You guys are unbelievable!  You all look for anything to tear down Bama about, you say we are always cheating, with no evidence by the way, and jump down my throat about this???

This is a perfect example while Bama and Auburn fans can only agree on 1 thing, GA fans are the biggest homers in the SEC.

Quick everyone find the fainting couch, she's about to clutch her pearls. News flash lady, you're in a UGA thread, not some neutral friendly college thread. Take your persecution complex somewhere it will be better received.

Lol at this thread over Scott Cochran. This  is a strange thread to me. The fans here are much more spirited about this hire than anyone I work with. The fans I work with...lifetime Dawg fans mind you...actual Georgia people did not have similar reactions at all. I mean at all. These are close friends of mine too. It never even came up in discussions until I asked for opinions on the hire during a slow moment and the responses I got from these fans was sarcasm, “gimmick hire”, “sure Kirby” “year 5 Kirby” “this was just to zing Saban” “this proves nothing” “talk to me after week 3 Kirby” “Kirby has done just as much as Richt at this point” type of responses. Now I don’t objectively agree with these responses. I think Kirby has done more than Richt at this point and that UGA will be **** to deal with for a long time unlike some years with Richt. Just saying in regard to this hire the tenor of this thread is markedly different than what I heard from friends. Anonymity does affect behavior though. Maybe they were just doing the old school Vince Dooley/Bear Bryant poor mouth. That’s probably closer to the truth. These are folks in their late 40’s though so these dudes are hardened. They’re more like “show me, don’t tell me”. I’m like dude obviously Kirby is trying...pulling out all the stops...met with crickets. 

7 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

I said I would miss him and that the program would miss him. I don't think you read my first post. Hard to have context when you don't read the complete text.

Did it ever occur to you that Saban might have a reason for not promoting him? Or maybe Saban is just a stupid coach, a mean cruel tyrant as ya'll like to claim and he just want to screw Cochran over by not promoting him?

I think he took Cochran's loyalty for granted and he paid the price. Quit putting words in my mouth like a child. 

Oh wow, OK so where to even begin, first off

5 hours ago, BamaBirdLady said:

To be honest, I will miss Scott. I think the program will miss him, but I seem to recall a lot of GA bashing him about our spring training and all those season ending injuries. 

Your fellow Alabama fans have more "bashing" of Cochran and blaming him for injuries and "weak play" in the last 48 hours than all UGA fans have done throughout his entire career there, so it's a bit disingenuous to try and call out UGA fans on that, though a few have so I'll give you that much.

I honestly believe if Saban wanted him there, he would have made a position for him. Not saying that he is not a worthy coach, but why hasn't Saban promoted him to an on field position if that is what Scott wanted?

I actually think this is pretty simple. I was speaking with someone else about it the other day. Cochran was more valuable to Saban where he was. The SC coach is the only one allowed year round constant contact with the players. Cochran did more for Alabama where he was. Secondly, he had no "true" experience, and Alabama was an established winning program, so I can see Saban not wanting to let him cut his teeth with his team. Those two things combined are probably the gist of it imo. For Saban, moving him on-field was a lose/lose, but everyone has their breaking point, and eventually Cochran wasn't willing to wait anymore.

Saban is probably mad because he did it at this time of the year. He should have taken the job in January or earlier in the month, I am just guessing.

Saban would've been upset no matter when he went. He was an important member of the staff. The position was open when it was, and Cochran wasn't willing to go to just any school. He wanted it to be Alabama, but Kirby is an old friend of his, and this is a stable compromise.

And as to why Saban didn't let him speak to the players, you have to look no further than your own head coach! Why would Saban allow him to go talk to players he would try to drag over to GA? That is just common sense, Maurice Smith ring a bell to anyone? Pictures of recruitment boards? Like a lot of businesses when you submit a letter of resignation, you leave the building.

This is something that I just don't understand from yall. By all reports Cochran is a high moral character guy, and there is nothing to lead anyone to believe that he would use his last opportunity to say goodbye to his players who love him dearly, to try and convince them to follow him. Will some? Sure, you already mentioned Smith. I'm sure some players will want to follow him. That's pretty common when a well loved coach goes elsewhere, for players to continue to want to play for him, and we'll see if that actually happens, but the idea that he wanted be campaigning for their exit in that kind of moment? That's pushing it, and really contradicts the supposed character yall've been touting of him for years.

Alabama will be just fine, this happens all the time, ya'll got a taste of it this year. You better get use to it. Looks like Aaron Feld might be the next man up!

Yep, I'm sure you will. You didn't miss a huge step when Kirby left. Does this hurt yall? Yep. Does it mean your impending doom? It's a bunch of UGA fans being happy about a hire. Cut us some slack lol. You do the same for your team all the time

7 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

You do realize they changed the rules about graduate transfer within the conference due to Maurice Smith. There were conference rules that prohibited his transfer to GA at that time. Saban was following the rules and helped change the rule so he could transfer. 

Saban helped change the rule.

that’s rich.

6 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Lol at this thread over Scott Cochran. This  is a strange thread to me. The fans here are much more spirited about this hire than anyone I work with. The fans I work with...lifetime Dawg fans mind you...actual Georgia people did not have similar reactions at all. I mean at all. These are close friends of mine too. It never even came up in discussions until I asked for opinions on the hire during a slow moment and the responses I got from these fans was sarcasm, “gimmick hire”, “sure Kirby” “year 5 Kirby” “this was just to zing Saban” “this proves nothing” “talk to me after week 3 Kirby” “Kirby has done just as much as Richt at this point” type of responses. Now I don’t objectively agree with these responses. I think Kirby has done more than Richt at this point and that UGA will be **** to deal with for a long time unlike some years with Richt. Just saying in regard to this hire the tenor of this thread is markedly different than what I heard from friends. Anonymity does affect behavior though. Maybe they were just doing the old school Vince Dooley/Bear Bryant poor mouth. That’s probably closer to the truth. These are folks in their late 40’s though so these dudes are hardened. They’re more like “show me, don’t tell me”. I’m like dude obviously Kirby is trying...pulling out all the stops...met with crickets. 

They sound jaded, and like Richt fans

Just now, VA F.O. said:

They sound jaded, and like Richt fans

That’s fair and partially true with one of the men. He’s still hung up on Richt and I can’t fathom that, but fans make little sense often times. I’m happy for all most importantly Scott Cochran. He’s such a good dude. He will be missed for sure and yes I believe that this makes UGA better. 

Side bar- and I promise I’m being completely honest. For me this was a blip on my radar. I’m just psyched that at least for now Sark is still Alabama’s O coordinator. That dude is talented as heck and greatly under appreciated in my opinion. That was and has been my greatest concern this off season. 

3 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

That’s fair and partially true with one of the men. He’s still hung up on Richt and I can’t fathom that, but fans make little sense often times. I’m happy for all most importantly Scott Cochran. He’s such a good dude. He will be missed for sure and yes I believe that this makes UGA better. 

Side bar- and I promise I’m being completely honest. For me this was a blip on my radar. I’m just psyched that at least for now Sark is still Alabama’s O coordinator. That dude is talented as heck and greatly under appreciated in my opinion. That was and has been my greatest concern this off season. 

I don't hate Richt. I just eventually realized we were never going anywhere with him. All the problems and losses just wore me down until I just didn't care anymore, though I wasn't calling for his head like some others; I respected him way too much for that. I know now that there was a lot of behind the scenes stuff that wasn't entirely his fault, but I do think we're better in the long run now with Kirby, even though I admit, the way it went down for Richt leaving leaves a bad taste in my mouth to this day. He didn't deserve that, but that wasn't Kirby's fault, so...yeah

Just now, VA F.O. said:

I don't hate Richt. I just eventually realized we were never going anywhere with him. All the problems and losses just wore me down until I just didn't care anymore, though I wasn't calling for his head like some others; I respected him way too much for that. I know now that there was a lot of behind the scenes stuff that wasn't entirely his fault, but I do think we're better in the long run now with Kirby, even though I admit, the way it went down for Richt leaving leaves a bad taste in my mouth to this day. He didn't deserve that, but that wasn't Kirby's fault, so...yeah

I feel you man. To be fair to Richt UGA didn’t open up the purse strings the same way they have for Kirby. Still though I’d say UGA is better off for today’s game. So much has changed in the last 20 years. 

Don’t want to derail the thread though. Great hire. Enjoy the move. It’s a good one. I think there’s not much to the reasons for change though. Sometimes things get stale personally and professionally. Change is good for all I’d say. 

27 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Saban helped change the rule.

that’s rich.

Saban was against the rule change and against grad transfers leaving (players in general leaving). 

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2017/05/it_seems_nick_saban_still_hasn.html

the sec changed the rule after zaire and florida has a few grad transfers.  that rule should have never been in place to allow a coach to block a grad transfer from leaving (he was using 2 bylaws behind why he had to, but we all know it was a power move by saban).. once you graduate you should be able to move freely and maurice was being blocked by saban..  it was good the sec decided to stop allowing coaches from being allowed to block any grad transfer from moving within conference.  the commissioner did the right thing quickly allowing the transfer through a waiver and KIrby and Maurice did zero wrong in that situation which was another reason it should have been allowed.  is it hilarious though we are now going to have guys who can transfer at least 1 time without sitting out.. boy have times changed.. lol 

22 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

I feel you man. To be fair to Richt UGA didn’t open up the purse strings the same way they have for Kirby. Still though I’d say UGA is better off for today’s game. So much has changed in the last 20 years. 

Don’t want to derail the thread though. Great hire. Enjoy the move. It’s a good one. I think there’s not much to the reasons for change though. Sometimes things get stale personally and professionally. Change is good for all I’d say. 

the stories i could talk about our administration pre kirby and during cmr's years.. yeah cmr didn't win it all, but he won a ton of games for us and he did with his hands tied by our admin.  the difference in spending between the cmr years and kirbys is night and day.  UGA is considering buying a plane to save some money since chartering is quite expensive.  I remember seeing coaches talk about how tought the travel was.. we would not fly guys, but instead our coaches would have to drive for hours and hours and get back late in the night on game weeks.. now we just fly them out, but our admin wouldn't pay the $$$.  heck cmr had to pay bonuses out of his own pocket.. the biggest plus for UGA with Kirby being hired was it took control out of mcgarity's hands and the most influential boosters went all in.  we hired 11 plus analysts and recruiting guys and the rest is history.  I will never forget the last year with CMR when our staff put in for money to buy additional golf carts and get better ones and mcgarity said no.. just shows you how bad it was.  

Cochran's goal is to be a head coach and he needs to be an on the field coach officially.. Saban was allowing cochran to be on the field coaching special teams during practice.. holly rowe comment on that (as bdawg stated earlier) for at least the past 6 years and after he was 100% vested he made known his desire, but saban wanted to keep him in the role of S&C because he is one of the best in the business and I understand that.  right now i would say sinclair is the best S&C coach out there and you guys are getting a guy who was an assistant with sinclair in our S&c room a handful of years ago who is a very good coach.. You will like him a lot.  what cochran brings to UGA is just tremendous.. the more i read the more info comes out by bama guys on what he did for coach saban when he was at bama and he was so valuable.  i am very excited to see how he does on the recruiting trail as well. 

2 hours ago, BamaBirdLady said:

So to sum up your arguments so far:

- two wrongs don’t make a right

- I’m rubber your glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you. 

you do realize you’re in an internet message board with grown *** men and not in a 3rd grade classroom right?