Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SacFalcFan

UGA hires bama's S&C cochran to be an on the field coach.. One of the most respect coaches in the nation.

3 hours ago, BamaBirdLady said:

To be honest, I will miss Scott. I think the program will miss him, but I seem to recall a lot of GA bashing him about our spring training and all those season ending injuries. 

I honestly believe if Saban wanted him there, he would have made a position for him. Not saying that he is not a worthy coach, but why hasn't Saban promoted him to an on field position if that is what Scott wanted?

Saban is probably mad because he did it at this time of the year. He should have taken the job in January or earlier in the month, I am just guessing.

And as to why Saban didn't let him speak to the players, you have to look no further than your own head coach! Why would Saban allow him to go talk to players he would try to drag over to GA? That is just common sense, Maurice Smith ring a bell to anyone? Pictures of recruitment boards? Like a lot of businesses when you submit a letter of resignation, you leave the building.

Alabama will be just fine, this happens all the time, ya'll got a taste of it this year. You better get use to it. Looks like Aaron Feld might be the next man up!

Saban doesn’t seem to have a problem with coaches hanging around when it benefits him.   Asked Kirby and Pruitt to stay on after they accepted UGA and UT jobs, respectively.

As to the whole “recruitment board picture” - if you aren’t lying to recruits on the trail about where they rank as a priority, you have no worries.   “You are our #1 target” - if you say that to 4 players at same position, well...

26 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

Saban doesn’t seem to have a problem with coaches hanging around when it benefits him.   Asked Kirby and Pruitt to stay on after they accepted UGA and UT jobs, respectively.

As to the whole “recruitment board picture” - if you aren’t lying to recruits on the trail about where they rank as a priority, you have no worries.   “You are our #1 target” - if you say that to 4 players at same position, well...

And Kirby screwed him over. I guess that is why he didn't trust Cochran since he was going coach under Kirby.

Can you in your right mind without your red and black glasses say nothing wrong with someone taking pictures of a teams recruitment board and using it against them? 

So it would be fine with you, if someone took pictures of Kirby's board and gave it to Saban for him  to use? You are okay with that? Is that what you are saying?

So I was listening to Playbook on SiriusXM 84 and they had Holly Rowe on. She made the comment that Scott has basically been a ST analyst and helped during practice for the past 6 years or so. To me that give me a comfort there. 
Also, the first place Cochran went when officially hire was to another D1 school to evaluate how they run their special teams program. I get more and more comfortable with CSC coaching our STs

14 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

And Kirby screwed him over. I guess that is why he didn't trust Cochran since he was going coach under Kirby.

Can you in your right mind without your red and black glasses say nothing wrong with someone taking pictures of a teams recruitment board and using it against them? 

So it would be fine with you, if someone took pictures of Kirby's board and gave it to Saban for him  to use? You are okay with that? Is that what you are saying?

You do realize that Kirby being accused of taking that picture has never had a shred of credible proof behind it, right? It's just something some OK Bammer folks accused him of and the masses have ran with it as gospel since then. 

And yeah, don't lie to recruits and there won't be an issue in the first place. 

35 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

You do realize that Kirby being accused of taking that picture has never had a shred of credible proof behind it, right? It's just something some OK Bammer folks accused him of and the masses have ran with it as gospel since then. 

yep there has been zero proof of it, but bama fans repeat it like it actually happened.. it's quite funny.. that rumor was started by bama fans on a bama message board and that spread like wildfire because of the hatred for Kirby bama fans have.  i am really enjoying the bama boards.. lol 

1 hour ago, BamaBirdLady said:

as RandomFan said, there is no actual proof that this even happened - Saban isn't on record that it happened nor any other Bama official....the "if it did happen" - i'm just saying you cannot weaponize a recruiting board against Bama if what is said on the trail matches the board itself (whether it would be the right thing for Kirby to do - concede probably not - is another discussion).

To add to this discussion, how do we know CSC didn’t pick up the phone and call Kirby. Lot of speculation that Cochran has been trying to get out for a couple years. What does it say of Saban that he couldn’t find a position on field for a guy that has been loyal to you for 13 years and the lifeblood of your program?

If I was Cochran and I’d made my intentions clear about being a head coach some day and I couldn’t get a shot at an on field position I’d be making phone calls too.

There’s no evidence to suggest that Kirby did anything underhanded at this point. Any argument made by digging up past rumors (true or not) to fuel an argument over this situation is weak and petty. From where I’m standing, the only guy that did anything wrong is Saban by not letting a coach who’s been with you from the beginning address the team before he leaves. That’s about as petty as the whiny Bama fans. 

24 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

yep there has been zero proof of it, but bama fans repeat it like it actually happened.. it's quite funny.. that rumor was started by bama fans on a bama message board and that spread like wildfire because of the hatred for Kirby bama fans have.  i am really enjoying the bama boards.. lol 

You all know what I am enjoying today, I almost forgot!

HAPPY 2-26 DAY!!

Another national title won for us that day and such a crazy pass, huh?

3 minutes ago, UAB_DAWG said:

To add to this discussion, how do we know CSC didn’t pick up the phone and call Kirby. Lot of speculation that Cochran has been trying to get out for a couple years. What does it say of Saban that he couldn’t find a position on field for a guy that has been loyal to you for 13 years and the lifeblood of your program?

If I was Cochran and I’d made my intentions clear about being a head coach some day and I couldn’t get a shot at an on field position I’d be making phone calls too.

There’s no evidence to suggest that Kirby did anything underhanded at this point. Any argument made by digging up past rumors (true or not) to fuel an argument over this situation is weak and petty. From where I’m standing, the only guy that did anything wrong is Saban by not letting a coach who’s been with you from the beginning address the team before he leaves. That’s about as petty as the whiny Bama fans. 

yep if you read my post and other articles on it, it's been reported he decided to make the move to the field and already had an offer from ole miss by lane kiffin.. cochran could have been in athens when kirby first moved, but he wasn't going to not be 100% vested for his pension.  now he wants to move up and he will get his chance in athens.. of course nothing was done underhanded by Kirby.. bama fans just want to have a villian since they can't admit Kirby is a heck of a coach who did a great job getting cochran.  :) yep there was no reason for Cochran to not be allowed to address the team.. this guy is closer to the players than the coach is because he works with them so much.. I can understand saban being upset though.. as posted in this thread and on other boards coachran was his right hand man and he was the guy who kept guys from transferring or going to the nfl.. that just showed how important he was at bama.  can you imagine cochran on the recruiting trail?  lol.. going to be insance.. 

30 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

as RandomFan said, there is no actual proof that this even happened - Saban isn't on record that it happened nor any other Bama official....the "if it did happen" - i'm just saying you cannot weaponize a recruiting board against Bama if what is said on the trail matches the board itself (whether it would be the right thing for Kirby to do - concede probably not - is another discussion).

tenor.png

1 hour ago, Bdawg58 said:

So I was listening to Playbook on SiriusXM 84 and they had Holly Rowe on. She made the comment that Scott has basically been a ST analyst and helped during practice for the past 6 years or so. To me that give me a comfort there. 
Also, the first place Cochran went when officially hire was to another D1 school to evaluate how they run their special teams program. I get more and more comfortable with CSC coaching our STs

hey was that today? 

1 hour ago, RandomFan said:

No evidence you say, coming from a Bulldog fan, then it must be true! LOL

You said it wasn't a big deal, so what does it matter? Maurice Smith was hijacked by Kirby, everyone knows that. 

And to think if Smith hadn't fallen for Kirby's sales pitch, he too could be celebrating 2-26 today too!

1 minute ago, RandomFan said:

Typical you. Get called out and then get salty. 

OK BAMMER!

:lol:

I'm not salty at all. If stating facts makes me salty, then yes I am. 

The fact is Kirby left Bama is a very bad way, he tried to take Bama players with him, he got one, and he took a picture of the board. I know you guys don't want to believe that he could do that, but he did.

Am I bragging about the play where you guys had us 2nd and 26 and we scored a TD to win the National championship, heck yes I am! Aren't you guys doing the same about Cochran?

It doesn't make me salty to boost about beating you in the NCG or the SECCG, unless you are a poor loser.

5 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

The fact is Kirby left Bama is a very bad way, he tried to take Bama players with him, he got one, and he took a picture of the board. I know you guys don't want to believe that he could do that, but he did.

Am I bragging about the play where you guys had us 2nd and 26 and we scored a TD to win the National championship, heck yes I am! Aren't you guys doing the same about Cochran?

It doesn't make me salty to boost about beating you in the NCG or the SECCG, unless you are a poor loser.

Nice lie filled melt, Bammer. Please continue, it's hilarious. 

9 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

No one likes a poor winner. You are one of the more annoying Bama fans I've ever met.

If there's evidence then post it. Please. 

6 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

league of legends lol GIF by HyperX LATAM

2 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

You are one of the more annoying Bama fans I've ever met.

If there's evidence then post it. Please. 

Meh, not sure how many Bama fans you've met...

But yes, I agree that the photo is message board nonsense unless it comes from someone whose word means something. And no, not somebody who relies on clicks for a living.

Edited by AutumnEffect