Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
SacFalcFan

UGA hires bama's S&C cochran to be an on the field coach.. One of the most respect coaches in the nation.

Yeah, Saban saying he wasn’t ready to make the move to let Cochran be an on field coach.. it’s a no lose situation for UGA. No doubt Cochran can help in many areas S&C included. I like what Sinclair has been doing but it doesn’t hurt to have someone on staff to go ask for advice if needed. 

coach smart on hiring of coach cochran: 

“Ask anyone who’s been around him, Scott’s passion and energy is contagious,” said Smart. “Special Teams Coordinator is a great fit as he’ll be working with all position groups. His knowledge and experience elevates our entire program, and we’re excited to welcome the Cochran family to Athens.”

“Scott’s one of the most energetic coaches I have worked with. He developed great relationships with our players while I was at Alabama,” Ole Miss coach Lane Kiffin said in a statement provided by UGA. “I know that he will be successful as he moves on the field with Kirby at Georgia and I believe will be a head coach one day.”

This didn't go over well on the Bama board...

https://247sports.com/college/alabama/board/102338/Contents/scott-cochran-gone-144209137/

" I dont wish him ill will to Cochran, but I certainly don't wish him well either. Coach Saban and Alabama put him on the map and continued to increase his salary, paying him way beyond what he would have received elsewhere. In turn, we see how far his appreciation and loyalty goes. Make no mistake, this was Kirby's assault once again on Saban. When other coaches left to take head coaching jobs, Smart felt they played nice with Saban and got run roughshod. Therefore, Kirby has made a conscience effort to attack Saban at his foundation to weaken Alabama. From recruiting for Georgia on our payroll, to showing a picture of our recruiting board to recruits to use against us, to illegal contact with Maurice Smith, to stealing Mel Tucker, to lying to recruits about Saban retiring, this low-life, bowl-cut loser has made it his mission to take deliberate aim at CNS and Alabama no matter how malicious or unethical. I hope BDS is rockin' come 9-19-2020 and Alabama sends that dirty dawg back to Athens with his tail between his legs. Just a low-life coward! "

21 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

This didn't go over well on the Bama board...

https://247sports.com/college/alabama/board/102338/Contents/scott-cochran-gone-144209137/

" I dont wish him ill will to Cochran, but I certainly don't wish him well either. Coach Saban and Alabama put him on the map and continued to increase his salary, paying him way beyond what he would have received elsewhere. In turn, we see how far his appreciation and loyalty goes. Make no mistake, this was Kirby's assault once again on Saban. When other coaches left to take head coaching jobs, Smart felt they played nice with Saban and got run roughshod. Therefore, Kirby has made a conscience effort to attack Saban at his foundation to weaken Alabama. From recruiting for Georgia on our payroll, to showing a picture of our recruiting board to recruits to use against us, to illegal contact with Maurice Smith, to stealing Mel Tucker, to lying to recruits about Saban retiring, this low-life, bowl-cut loser has made it his mission to take deliberate aim at CNS and Alabama no matter how malicious or unethical. I hope BDS is rockin' come 9-19-2020 and Alabama sends that dirty dawg back to Athens with his tail between his legs. Just a low-life coward! "

giphy.gif