Taylor Gabriel released by Bears

11 hours ago, Mr.11 said:

And by that point, Ridley will probably be the 1 receiver, assuming neither of them are gone.

Gage has really started pushing for more playing time and has been very reliable when given the opportunity. 

Only time will tell as they are both very young receivers, but I say Ridley needs to continue to improve his game. 

9 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Gage has really started pushing for more playing time and has been very reliable when given the opportunity. 

Only time will tell as they are both very young receivers, but I say Ridley needs to continue to improve his game. 

Yeah I like Gage. I think he's earned his keep. Ridley will continue to improve, but even if Julio wasn't around, I wouldn't be worried about the receiving corps we have. Granted, I'd still draft one to keep up the talent pool, but receiver is way down the list of needs.

On 2/24/2020 at 2:59 PM, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

If we get one of Fowler, Clowney, or Ngakoue, and have enoigh money left over, would you guys be open to bringing back Gabriel?

He actually improved on his production in chicago, as he had over 600 yards in 2018, and had over 300 in only 9 games this previous year. It shows that he wasnt just a product of the shanahan systrm. Would be a great #3 WR after the dynamic duo of Ridley and Julio. 

I think he will go back to Shanahan. I'm wanting us to get a #3 or draft one mid round. Since Gage has a huge health problem. 

16 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Performance. Health.

At this point, can you say Ridley has separated himself completely from the pack?

Performance and health? He's only missed 3 games in his 2 NFL seasons. He's scored 17 touchdowns in only 29 games. He's caught 68.6% of the passes that have come his way and averaged 13.3 yards per reception in his career. How in the world is he not a legit play maker? I don't know how anyone could have watched him play these 2 years and think he hasn't established himself as a legit play maker.

Edited by AUTiger7222
3 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Yeah, 3 years from now :D

Sorry didn't realize this was a few days old. I usually try not to reply to posts that are more than a day old at the minimum

think Ridley is going to be ok, just to put that out there first.

But this is more about Gage making his move and potentially being a diamond in the rough and outplaying his expectations. 

Either way, it is only a good thing for both guys as they are going to push each other as we move into the declining Julio years. 

14 hours ago, Mr.11 said:

Yeah I like Gage. I think he's earned his keep. Ridley will continue to improve, but even if Julio wasn't around, I wouldn't be worried about the receiving corps we have. Granted, I'd still draft one to keep up the talent pool, but receiver is way down the list of needs.

This year, I would steer clear of the Receiver position in the draft and see how this young bunch plays out this year.

Plus, we need to focus on other spots on the roster since we will have to refill at least two of the three FA players we are letting walk along with upgrading other areas (OL,DT,LB,DB,RB)

8 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

What exactly is Gage's huge health problem? He played in all 16 games last year with no problems.

Just because he played in all 16 games doesnt mean he finished every game. He has battled concussions,hamstring,hip,ribs. All season long. I believe 4 games total he didnt finish the game. So yea health problem