Do you think the NFL will get the 17 games season and 7 teams per conference in the playoffs?

Falcons Fan MVP

I sure hope for the Falcons sake the NFL doesn't go to a 17 game schedule. We have enough trouble staying healthy for 16 games. I also would prefer to stay with the 6 team per conference playoff format because we can still get a first round bye with a 2 seed. With 7 teams you have to get the 1 seed to get a bye. I think our Falcons are much more likely to get a 2 seed than a 1 seed.

What are your CBA predictions? Do you think the 17 game, 7 team playoffs will pass? What other changes do you see happening? 

Just now, capologist said:

Unfortunately, yes, I think both will happen in this CBA...

30 minutes ago, The O.D.B said:

no, but they should expand it to 8 playoff teams. This way half of the NFL gets to claim they were in the playoffs every year, you know, kinda like a participation trophy....

Not even close to the same thing.  More playoff teams = more games = more money.

The biggest thing I think that needs to be fixed for the Playoffs isnt the amount of teams. 

It happens very rarely but needs to be addressed: If a team wins their division with an 8-8 or worse record, they should be forced to play on the road. A wild card team with a tougher division and better records should not be forced to play a road game. The teams should be re-seeded before the playoffs begin. JMO

1 minute ago, DirtyBird2 said:

The biggest thing I think that needs to be fixed for the Playoffs isnt the amount of teams. 

It happens very rarely but needs to be addressed: If a team wins their division with an 8-8 or worse record, they should be forced to play on the road. A wild card team with a tougher division and better records should not be forced to play a road game. The teams should be re-seeded before the playoffs begin. JMO

I don't agree.  Job #1 is to win your division, and if you do so, you should be rewarded.

17 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I don't agree.  Job #1 is to win your division, and if you do so, you should be rewarded.

So a team that has a better season and record should be penalized for playing in a tougher division? That doesnt make any sense. The team that wins their division still gets rewarded, they make the playoffs even if they have a worse record than everyone else in the conference, how is that fair to teams that end the year with a winning record?

2 minutes ago, DirtyBird2 said:

So a team that has a better season and record should be penalized for playing in a tougher division? That doesnt make any sense. The team that wins their division still gets rewarded, they make the playoffs even if they have a worse record than everyone else in the conference, how is that fair to teams that end the year with a winning record?

It does make sense. If you don't win your division, you don't get a home game.

Winning your division is the first objective, and a team should be rewarded for it.

4 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

It does make sense. If you don't win your division, you don't get a home game.

Winning your division is the first objective, and a team should be rewarded for it.

False, winning games is your first objective which is why the teams that have the best RECORD in each conference gets rewarded with home field throughout. The team with the worst RECORD gets the number 1 pick. But a team that goes 11-5 with a division winner who went 12-4 doesnt get rewarded over a team that wins the division with a 7-9 record. 

And again, the team that wins their division with a losing record is getting rewarded by getting into the playoffs while other teams with better records do not even make it to the playoffs. The way it currently stands, they get rewarded twice, one is getting into the playoffs and the second is getting home field advantage.