Is TD Also Known As Charles Reuter

FalconsIn2012

This mock draft by NFL.com is so TD-like that I am convinced the author is in fact TD

Three-round 2020 NFL mock draft 2.0: Trades shake up Round 1

chad-reuter-HS-12.jpg

Draft analyst

PICK

JAC.png

Isaiah Simmons - LB

School: Clemson | Year: Junior (RS) 

The Jaguars really missed Telvin Smith in 2019. Simmons is a similar player who could fill multiple linebacker spots.

PICK

ATL.png

K'Lavon Chaisson - Edge

School: LSU | Year: Sophomore (RS) 

PROJECTED TRADE WITH BROWNS. GM Thomas Dimitroff is willing to make a deal for a player he covets. If Chaisson looks fluid in linebacker drills at the combine, the Falcons could consider him a replacement for Vic Beasley or De'Vondre Campbell.

PICK

ATL.png

Clyde Edwards-Helaire - RB

School: LSU | Year: Junior

PICK

CLE.png

K.J. Hamler - WR

School: Penn State | Year: Sophomore (RS) 

PROJECTED TRADE WITH FALCONS.

PICK

DET.png

Antoine Winfield Jr. - S

School: Minnesota | Year: Sophomore (RS) 

PROJECTED TRADE WITH DOLPHINS.

PICK

ATL.png

Adam Trautman - TE

School: Dayton | Year: Senior (RS)

@Knight of God

So we trade up in the 1st which costs us the Sanu 2nd.  You’ll notice Winfield is taken the next pick.  So TD moves up at the expense of Winfield.  And we draft offense with 2 of our first three picks.

This could totally happen.  The kicker would be trading up for Fuller...lol 

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I'd be ok with giving up a 2nd to get Simmons if we signed a free agent pass rusher. I wouldn't trade up for chaisson tho and I like the guy.

All falls on the flow of round 1. If he’s truly the guy you want, may not have a choice. Again, all falls on the flow. That could be the area where you have to get him with the odds of 3 WR’s going 11-15(just throwing that out there)

5 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

I'd be ok with giving up a 2nd to get Simmons if we signed a free agent pass rusher. I wouldn't trade up for chaisson tho and I like the guy.

That’s why I included hi in the scenerio.  If we did move up, Simmons would be my guy.  But trading away our 2nd and going offense with two of our first three picks would be a disaster

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

All falls on the flow of round 1. If he’s truly the guy you want, may not have a choice. Again, all falls on the flow. That could be the area where you have to get him with the odds of 3 WR’s going 11-15(just throwing that out there)

Imo it's going to come down to where the QBs and tackles go. Tackles usually end up going higher than expected. We really need to hope that's the case this year.

17 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Dudes really trying to bash TD over a made up scenario. @Knight of God this is what we were talking about before lol

Are we saying TD doesn’t have a history of trading up in the first?  With an extra 2nd this seem a very likely possibility.

I like Chaisson and Helaire, but Im not trading away my 2nd round pick

And I’m a TD supporter in most areas.  Just not with his penchant to give away top 100 picks to move up.

Just now, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Imo it's going to come down to where the QBs and tackles go. Tackles usually end up going higher than expected. We really need to hope that's the case this year.

It’s all about team needs. Potentially  4 of the top 10 definitely need a new qb. One of those 4 teams need offensive line help but at the moment Tyrod Taylor is their qb and I hope the coach isn’t serious when he praised Taylor. But that’s just me. So those first 10 picks could certainly be offensive picks. But I think it’s going to be a mixture with more DL and offense top 10 this year. 

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Are we saying TD doesn’t have a history of trading up in the first?  With an extra 2nd this seem a very likely possibility.

I like Chaisson and Helaire, but Im not trading away my 2nd round pick

And I’m a TD supporter in most areas.  Just not with his penchant to give away top 100 picks to move up.

What scenario would you consider moving down in the first to pick up an extra 2nd or third? Do you feel that more picks in 2 and 3 are more or less important than a higher pick in round 1?

1 minute ago, federicofalcon2 said:

What scenario would you consider moving down in the first to pick up an extra 2nd or third? Do you feel that more picks in 2 and 3 are more or less important than a higher pick in round 1?

I am a proponent of either letting the draft fall to you or accumulating as many top 100 picks as possible.  

13 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I am a proponent of either letting the draft fall to you or accumulating as many top 100 picks as possible.  

So as long as we don't draft up like TD usually does and draft SMART, you're on board?

I like the idea of BPA but also being able to load up on picks as well to be able to accrue as many possibilities in the earlier part of the draft as well.

I know that we all can do the hindsight when it comes to revaluing picks after the fact, but if we had 3 2s, or  3s, for example, I believe we'd have a better chance of hitting a surefire player instead of pulling out all stops to get up to number 10 for one player.

But  then again that's just me.

2 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I didn’t go after anyone.  Simply said it sounds like a TD draft.  Trade away a 2nd to chase a need.  History says that’s an accurate statement when it comes to TD’s draft philosophy

Did anyone have TD drafting 2 olineman in the first round and 3 in FA last year.

To be honest with you because what he did previous years it’s hard to put a track on what he may do this year.

Your guessing and so is Reuter.

44 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Did anyone have TD drafting 2 olineman in the first round and 3 in FA last year.

To be honest with you because what he did previous years it’s hard to put a track on what he may do this year.

Your guessing and so is Reuter.

You can’t necessarily track what position he will target, but you can track a general draft philosophy.

In 11 drafts TD has surrendered these picks to move up in the first round for “his guy”

• one 1st round pick

• three second round picks

• three third round picks

• one fourth round pick

• three sixth round picks

Thats 8 top 128 picks in 11 years.  He has accumulated zero additional picks by moving down in the first round

27 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

You can’t necessarily track what position he will target, but you can track a general draft philosophy.

In 11 drafts TD has surrendered these picks to move up in the first round for “his guy”

• one 1st round pick

• three second round picks

• three third round picks

• one fourth round pick

• three sixth round picks

Thats 8 top 128 picks in 11 years.  He has accumulated zero additional picks by moving down in the first round

Boohoo dude. More picks doesn't equal better picks.