Mock Offseason

FA:

Dante Fowler Jr. 

Draft:

1) CJ Henderson CB Florida - Oozes quick twitch athletacism. Sticks to WR's like glue. Gave up some big plays vs. a red hot LSU offense, but also had 3 or 4 PDEF that maybe only 1 or 2 people from this draft class could even make. He has phenomenal coverage skills, and his explosiveness, agility, and acceleration is SPECIAL. 

2) Malik Harrison LB OSU - Here we get Campbell's replacement. Harrison is a sideline to sideline LB that can make plays in the pass and run game. Hes got a thick frame that doesnt take away from hus atheltacism. Had a great Senior Bowl week, amd would make a great running mate for DeBo. 

2) Neville Gallimore DT Oklahoma - This BIG behemoth moves well for his size, and would compliment Grady very well. Has the pass rushing ability to draw the occasional double team, and is stout vs the run. Not a freak athlete, but quick, VERY strong, and his motor runs HOT at ALL times. Will run down plays 10-20 yards down field, and on the other side of the field.

3) Cam Akers RB FSU - A real sleeper at RB, with low mileage on his legs. A shufty RB that makes plays in the passing game, can make people miss, and has breakaway speed. Hes got solid weight, size, and height. Has a high ceiling. 

4) Adam Trautman TE Dayton - Huge frame, and has a whole world of potential as a pass catcher. Exceptional red zone target and pass catcher. 

5) Donovan Peoples-Jones WR Michigan - We get a high ceiling WR here with a big frame and great athletacism. If he had a great QB in college, he would have went a few rounds higher. Would be a great student to learn under Julio and Ridley. Has return man experience, and even got into the end zone returning punts. Former 5 star from HS, and would have been drafted much higher if he was in a situation better suited for him. 

7) BPA or Best OL available. 

If we let Hooper walk and sign Fowler, I think it’s a must that we re-sign Campbell. I also think Free will be released. If all this plays out we have to replace Hooper and Free in the draft. So this is what I see happening.

1. Kristian Fulton 

2a. Neville Gallimore 

2b. Cam Akers 

3. Best TE available ( Moss or Trautman)

The only question is what do we do with Tru.

21 minutes ago, ike barn87987 said:

If we let Hooper walk and sign Fowler, I think it’s a must that we re-sign Campbell. I also think Free will be released. If all this plays out we have to replace Hooper and Free in the draft. So this is what I see happening.

1. Kristian Fulton 

2a. Neville Gallimore 

2b. Cam Akers 

How on earth do we afford a FA like fowler, yannick, or clowney and then be ablentoa fford a LB that will want probably 10 mil a year? We are letting ALL our FAs go. We are going for either one of the big 3(clowney, ngakoue, or fowler) or a guy like shaq lawson for slightly cheaper. 

24 minutes ago, ike barn87987 said:

1. Kristian Fulton 

2a. Neville Gallimore 

2b. Cam Akers 

We have graham, so dont NEED to target a TE early. I donk think akers goes in th 2nd at all. And i made this on the assumption Free was gone. Expect a defensive heavy offseason, with a RB sprinkled in, and mid-late round TE and OL. Thats my opinion what will happen at least. 

39 minutes ago, ike barn87987 said:

1. Kristian Fulton 

2a. Neville Gallimore 

2b. Cam Akers 

Campbell is not good.

Just now, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

There ya go, sport. 

CJ Henderson is good, but many have him rated in the second. The only thing is, a good combine can force him high. He’s really ok, but not as good as most think. He’s going to need support early. We will still likely take CB high because of valuation. You 

Harrison. He’s not a horrible pick, but I think going by talent instead of position you actually underachieved. I expect WAY more from an evaluator of your level. So far F!!!

Gallimore is becoming a board favorite. This happens out of fear and becomes hype. I think Gallimore is good, just not as good as given very for.

Akers might actually be your best pick

34 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

CJ Henderson is good, but many have him rated in the second. The only thing is, a good combine can force him high. He’s really ok, but not as good as most think. He’s going to need support early. We will still likely take CB high because of valuation. You 

Harrison. He’s not a horrible pick, but I think going by talent instead of position you actually underachieved. I expect WAY more from an evaluator of your level. So far F!!!

Gallimore is becoming a board favorite. This happens out of fear and becomes hype. I think Gallimore is good, just not as good as given very for.

Akers might actually be your best pick

Its fine if you dont like it. I honestly wasnt trying to get a response out of you, and didnt mean it to seem like that. Irdc if someone dislikes ny mock or doesnt want to explain their reasoning for not liking it. To each their own. Its a mock lol.

I do think this is a good scenario to cover needs with best value, because i mainly want us to address DT, CB, LB, and RB if we fix DE in FA. 

I didnt like henderson in the 1st a month ago, but his recocery speed, burst, willingness to tackle, quick twitch, coverage skills are all really surprising me. I think he will eb a really good CB from day 1 in the NFL. 

Harrison is kind of like a mix between a 2000s LB and a 2020s LB. He can go sideline to sideline in the pss game, but can also be a real thumper if needed. 

It was either gallimore or blacklock, and i think gallimore is a better fit at NT. I really like his motor and ability to pkay until the whistle. Great run defender. 

10 minutes ago, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

Its fine if you dont like it. I honestly wasnt trying to get a response out of you, and didnt mean it to seem like that. Irdc if someone dislikes ny mock or doesnt want to explain their reasoning for not liking it. To each their own. Its a mock lol.

I do think this is a good scenario to cover needs with best value, because i mainly want us to address DT, CB, LB, and RB if we fix DE in FA. 

I didnt like henderson in the 1st a month ago, but his recocery speed, burst, willingness to tackle, quick twitch, coverage skills are all really surprising me. I think he will eb a really good CB from day 1 in the NFL. 

Harrison is kind of like a mix between a 2000s LB and a 2020s LB. He can go sideline to sideline in the pss game, but can also be a real thumper if needed. 

It was either gallimore or blacklock, and i think gallimore is a better fit at NT. I really like his motor and ability to pkay until the whistle. Great run defender. 

I know. Thing is, I don’t see this mock playing out much different than years past. It would be fine, I wouldn’t watch but mainly there is nothing I see that would make me want to pay or search for a straem. I can pretty much guarantee we’ll take a CB in the first, I just don’t like the idea.

4 hours ago, Knight of God said:

I know. Thing is, I don’t see this mock playing out much different than years past. It would be fine, I wouldn’t watch but mainly there is nothing I see that would make me want to pay or search for a straem. I can pretty much guarantee we’ll take a CB in the first, I just don’t like the idea.

We have our 'ticket selling' players. I think this draft is about adding the substance to iur defense. The pieces that get is over the hump. Henderson though, I think will be a pro bowl/all pro caliber CB if he goes to a scheme that lets gim run man and press man civerage like us. Hes very special in that regard. His cloaing speed and ability to recover and break on riutes remind me of a young trufant and young joe haden. I would cough up a lung if he is ACTUALLY as tall as hus listed 6'1" height. He is also a very imptessive blitzer and tackler. Thats the player from the draft that WILL help sell tickets. Especially when our uograded secodnary and upgraded pass rush will help compliment eachother. Then we got a great all around LB like harrison to pair with debo and Foye, and let them run free and wreck havoc to oppoaing offenses. 

6 minutes ago, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

We have our 'ticket selling' players. I think this draft is about adding the substance to iur defense. The pieces that get is over the hump. Henderson though, I think will be a pro bowl/all pro caliber CB if he goes to a scheme that lets gim run man and press man civerage like us. Hes very special in that regard. His cloaing speed and ability to recover and break on riutes remind me of a young trufant and young joe haden. I would cough up a lung if he is ACTUALLY as tall as hus listed 6'1" height. He is also a very imptessive blitzer and tackler. Thats the player from the draft that WILL help sell tickets. Especially when our uograded secodnary and upgraded pass rush will help compliment eachother. Then we got a great all around LB like harrison to pair with debo and Foye, and let them run free and wreck havoc to oppoaing offenses. 

I like Henderson, the question is will he work here? 

5 hours ago, Knight of God said:

It feels like you have said this about pretty much any DT mocked in this draft. You said the same thing when I took Madubuike in my mock.

the team needs a DT, there is good value in round 2, assuming Kinlaw and Brown aren’t there at 16. People are gonna mock them.

Curious, are you just against taking a DT In the draft or you have a guy in particular you like at the position?

23 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

It feels like you have said this about pretty much any DT mocked in this draft. You said the same thing when I took Madubuike in my mock.

the team needs a DT, there is good value in round 2, assuming Kinlaw and Brown aren’t there at 16. People are gonna mock them.

Curious, are you just against taking a DT In the draft or you have a guy in particular you like at the position?

No it’s not an agenda. It’s just one of those years at the position. I’m not seeing anyone stand out in particular. For all this, start Senat. It’s just not worth anything after the top two or three. So yeah, I’ll continue to downplay the projects for now because it’s not what we need.