Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LaurentRobinsonDaGawd

Pauline: Falcons wont re-sign Hooper; Want Pass Rusher in FA

Here comes fowler boys! Said 30 minutes ago that i had a feeling. 

Tony pauline said they "wont resign Hooper. Dont want to break the bank. Main focus is pass rusher in FA"

I juat saud 30 minutes ago that Pauline knows more about that Fowler report than he led on. 

Its in IG, trying to find exact link. 

Yesssssssssssss!

Edited by LaurentRobinsonDaGawd

Just now, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

Here comes fowler boys! Said 30 minutes ago that i had a feeling. 

Tony pauline said they "likely wont resign Hooper. Dont want to break the bank. Main focus is pass rusher in FA"

I juat saud 30 minutes ago that Pauline knows more about that Fowler report than he led on. 

Its in IG, trying to find exact link. 

Yesssssssssssss!

Makes sense. Fowler looking like the big FA move

4 minutes ago, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

@falconswatch on IG. Will post link when i find it. Same guy who reported Fowler wanting to cone to ATL. Were getting a stud pass rusher boys!

I'm not sold on stud but I like him enough. He's had a very slow start to his career and played with Aaron Donald last year

****. A half hour ago, I said Pauline must know more than hes leading on about Fowler. Was my conspiracy i said, since pauline is ALWAYS the first to break falcons news. I said i may be crazy. Not crazy now boys! Lol. Lets gooo. Been wanting fowler since 2015 draft. 

Just now, Dem Birds said:

I'm not sold on stud but I like him enough. He's had a very slow start to his career and played with Aaron Donald last year

He still averaged a sack(solo or assisted), a TFL, and a QB hit per game.  Is only 25, and had more TFL than grady last year(16 to 12). He would have had more sacks than 11.5 withiut donald. Most of his split sacks were with donals. Good sign though: got to the QB as quick as the best DL in the game. Chuck smith said the falcons should pay him whatever he wants, because hes a dog, and has a go to mive now, and is good at counter rushes. First tear as starter: 11.5 sacks, 16 qb hits, 16 tfl. 

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Geez I hope not.  For that money grab Clowney...or Quinn & Irvin

Even chuck smith said fowler is a more polished pass rusher than clowney due to him having a 'go to' move, along with counter moves. Said fowler is a 'dog' . if chuck amith signs off that much, than that tells me enough. Been wanting him since 2015 draft. We got iyr JA55 replacement finally. I will guarantee its for fowler, and not Clowney. Pauline knows more about that "fowler wanting to come to ATL" report than he first acknowledged. Would surprise me if we have a "soft verbal" with the guy quinn recruited, and fowler LOVES quinn. 

Just now, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

Even chuck smith said fowler is a more polished pass rusher than clowney due to him having a 'go to' move, along with counter moves. Said fowler is a 'dog' . if chuck amith signs off that much, than that tells me enough. Been wanting him since 2015 draft. We got iyr JA55 replacement finally. I will guarantee its for fowler, and not Clowney. Pauline knows more about that "fowler wanting to come to ATL" report than he first acknowledged. Would surprise me if we have a "soft verbal" with the guy quinn recruited, and fowler LOVES quinn. 

Fowler is a better pass rusher but Clowney is a far better DE

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

It won’t be under 15 mill APY

If I'm guessing, if Fowler gets 15 a year, Clowney is getting 20, Quinn is getting 11-12 and Irvin is likely getting 5-6

Regardless, we aren't getting Clowney or Quinn + Irvin at the same price.

I like Quinn too, but who knows if he has any desire to play here? There are 31 other places to choose.

3 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

If I'm guessing, if Fowler gets 15 a year, Clowney is getting 20, Quinn is getting 11-12 and Irvin is likely getting 5-6

Regardless, we aren't getting Clowney or Quinn + Irvin at the same price.

I like Quinn too, but who knows if he has any desire to play here? There are 31 other places to choose.

Fowler probably gets a zadarius smuth contract. 17 mil a year. I bet we get him for 15 or 16. Fowler is a much better pass rusher, and wants to be here. Clowney might get franchised. I hope fowler is our main focus over clowney. 

And the people that think Clowney isn't a high risk FA signing are kidding themselves. He's going to cost 20 million a year and has never broken double digit sacks in a year. No, sacks aren't everything, but thats a lot of cash for a run defender.

5 minutes ago, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

Fowler has developed as a run defender. We need a PASS RUSHER wirh a go to move, and has real pass rush moves. Fowler is that guy. 

He didn’t get a sack on 11 games last year.  Let’s not act like he is Von Miller or AD

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

And the people that think Clowney isn't a high risk FA signing are kidding themselves. He's going to cost 20 million a year and has never broken double digit sacks in a year. No, sacks aren't everything, but thats a lot of cash for a run defender.

Clowney is an elite run defender and a good pass rusher . Sacks aren’t everything like you said . Brandon Graham for example . 

4 minutes ago, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

Fowler probably gets a zadarius smuth contract. 17 mil a year. I bet we get him for 15 or 16. Fowler is a much better pass rusher, and wants to be here. Clowney might get franchised. I hope fowler is our main focus over clowney. 

Fowler is a better pass rusher than Smith?

3 minutes ago, Cheyakita said:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/pauline-mailbag-redskins-set-first-round-draft-pick/

here’s the link I believe...it’s all speculation until the contract is signed but I wouldn’t be opposed. We could then focus on Kinlaw or a trade up for Brown.

Doesnt look lile speculation at all. Hes the #1 falcons insider in the entire league. Says he expects them to announce something soon. 

1 minute ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

Clowney is an elite run defender and a good pass rusher . Sacks aren’t everything like you said . Brandon Graham for example . 

I'd love to see this board if we signed Clowney and he had another 3 sack season like he did this year.