Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Falcons Fan MVP

Do you think it will be easy to replace Vic Beasley?

Cominsky was ranked 23rd as a edge rusher overall According to pff. I know he did not receive a ton of snaps but I’m hopeful he can build into his second season like Grady Jarret did. Even if Cominsky takes off I want us to go edge because idk if Takk is our future either. 3.5 sacks SMH 

6 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Do you think it will take a 1st round pick to replace Beasley? 2nd round? 3rd round? 4th round? Or do you think we will wish we kept Beasley?

my math 

Vic + horrible 1st half coaching = 0-1 sacks

Vic + decent coaching 2nd half = 6 sacks in 7 games (or something like that)

This leads me to believe that if we had decent defensive coaching all season, Vic would be around 10 sacks on the year. that being said, 10 sacks will be hard to replace in FA or Draft. 

it's a shame that much of the bad in his career can be attributed to coaches putting him in bad situations

Edited by The O.D.B

1 hour ago, AxManBigFan said:

Cominsky was ranked 23rd as a edge rusher overall According to pff. I know he did not receive a ton of snaps but I’m hopeful he can build into his second season like Grady Jarret did. Even if Cominsky takes off I want us to go edge because idk if Takk is our future either. 3.5 sacks SMH 

:shrug:

Is the OP asking a serious question?  Vic Beasley will probably have a better career elsewhere........isn't that a very Falcon thing?

Beasley here in Atlanta is a waste of money and locker room space.  So, yes, it will be easy to replace Vic Beasley. 

2 hours ago, AxManBigFan said:

Cominsky is my guy. Only had 100 snaps exactly, but with 500 snaps (reasonable starter reps) his stats would have been:

55 TKL 5 sacks and TEN PASSES DEFENSED. The passes defensed is a real marker for future pass rushing chops.