Sign in to follow this  
Gibson's Finest

Dante Fowler Jr.

Not sure if posted previously, but thought this was interesting

Atlanta Falcons: EDGE Dante Fowler Jr.

1 OF 32

05dc70e5b98d60db6e35c5018d0b8bb0_crop_ex
David Dermer/Associated Press

Sometimes, everything in the universe aligns.

The Atlanta Falcons had the second-fewest sacks (28) last season. They also decided to move on from first-round bust Vic Beasley Jr. At the same time, a 25-year-old pass-rusher, who is coming off his best season, reportedly prefers the organization as his next destination.

Sources told Pro Football Network's Tony Pauline that Dante Fowler Jr. "wants to play in Atlanta for the Falcons."

The 2015 third overall draft pick bet on himself after a rough start to his career. While operating under a one-year deal, Fowler registered a career-high 11.5 sacks and created consistent pressure throughout the 2019 campaign with the Los Angeles Rams. 

His best performance came against the Falcons in Week 7 when the edge defender registered seven total tackles, three sacks, four quarterback hits and a deflected pass.

2 hours ago, DirtyBirdKHAOS said:

I agree. I think we need to focus on Hooper at the moment. 

Absolutely not, we do not need more playmakers on offense right now. Let Hoop walk, draft his replacement late round and work on fixing this defense. Fowler is a much bigger need than Hopper right now. 

56 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I like Fowler a lot. That being said, it's likely we can get Robert Quinn and Carl Nassib for the same thing he'd cost...in which case, I'd go with the latter.

This team likely does neither though. Can't get my hopes up

I dunno if the cowboys will let Quinn walk, Cowboy fans love him. But if we can we should. Fowler will probably walk and make $12M somewhere. 

6 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

I dunno if the cowboys will let Quinn walk, Cowboy fans love him. But if we can we should. Fowler will probably walk and make $12M somewhere. 

You're right on Quinn. If we can get Fowler for that much we should jump on it though. Kinda think he'll be in that 17 mil/yr range like Za'Darius last year.

If he was a former 3rd round pick looking at a mid level deal, I'd consider him. But I think he's just going to get too much of a premium as a former top pick that outweighs his past production. 

2 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I like Fowler a lot. That being said, it's likely we can get Robert Quinn and Carl Nassib for the same thing he'd cost...in which case, I'd go with the latter.

This team likely does neither though. Can't get my hopes up

I can’t see is landing Quinn and Nassib for the price of Fowler. Both those guys could be $10-15 a season. (Looking at similar level DE deals last season, notably the Smith boys in GB - $17 & $13 respectively)

I would be all for landing Nassib though. Heck or Quinn, Fowler or Clowney. If $$ isn’t an issue I would take Clowney all day though.

8 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

I can’t see is landing Quinn and Nassib for the price of Fowler. Both those guys could be $10-15 a season. (Looking at similar level DE deals last season, notably the Smith boys in GB - $17 & $13 respectively)

I would be all for landing Nassib though. Heck or Quinn, Fowler or Clowney. If $$ isn’t an issue I would take Clowney all day though.

You think Nassib gets that much? I was thinking 6-8 mil tbh. You may be right though. Just haven't heard any hype around him whatsoever.

35 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

You think Nassib gets that much? I was thinking 6-8 mil tbh. You may be right though. Just haven't heard any hype around him whatsoever.

No way Nassib sniffs over $10MM. I'd put him in the camp with Henry Anderson and Matt Ioannidis. 

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

But who and at what cost? We don't have the money unless we do some more serious restructuring.

There are already some serious cuts coming. And I see Tru being traded. Mack is going to be extended or (hopefully not but) cut. There'll be money there. We don't need anything too crazy.

1 minute ago, Francis York Morgan said:

There are already some serious cuts coming. And I see Tru being traded. Mack is going to be extended or (hopefully not but) cut. There'll be money there. We don't need anything too crazy.

If they can come up with something mutual that benefits both parties, then maybe. I'm a little worried about a one season performance though. 

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Sportrac has Williams market rate at over 16 mil a year.

Yeah, let's not then. Why the **** would he get that much? Nutty. 

3 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

If they can come up with something mutual that benefits both parties, then maybe. I'm a little worried about a one season performance though. 

One season for Fowler? I agree overall, but for Nassib and Quinn (if possible) I'd be all over it.

4 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Yeah, let's not then. Why the **** would he get that much? Nutty. 

One season for Fowler? I agree overall, but for Nassib and Quinn (if possible) I'd be all over it.

Hrmm just looked again and it's 8.2 mil. Either they changed it or I was drinking that day.