The Bull.

kiwifalcon

He's a 3-tech. Same as Grady. It would work on passing downs, but I still want a guy who can play the 0-1, command double teams and shut down the run. We truly need a big dude. It makes the entire defense better. That's why Poe worked so well when he was here.

Kinlaw and Brown can play over the center due to their size. I'd rather have someone in that mold. Jordan Elliot is a 2nd-3rd round guy that could work.

3 hours ago, djbrough said:

He's a 3-tech. Same as Grady. It would work on passing downs, but I still want a guy who can play the 0-1, command double teams and shut down the run. We truly need a big dude. It makes the entire defense better. That's why Poe worked so well when he was here.

Kinlaw and Brown can play over the center due to their size. I'd rather have someone in that mold. Jordan Elliot is a 2nd-3rd round guy that could work.

Strongly disagree with this tbh. He's great against double teams and played at 330 before. Even 310 is enough for a 1T in this front - Poe played around that weight, Grady played at 300 when playing 1T. I like Brown and Kinlaw too, but if you think Kinlaw is better suited to playing 1T than Blacklock I feel like we're watching different players.

Side note - it's getting way less hype than other positions, and way less than even last year, but this is my favorite year at DT since 2016. I have 5 guys graded higher than Christian Wilkins last year. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2020 at 3:58 AM, djbrough said:

There interchangeable at the 1 against the run don’t think you’d lose too much either way.Poe played a lot of 3 Tech here aswell.If you throw both Jarrett and Blacklock upfront the run defense is good either way.

On 2/18/2020 at 9:58 AM, djbrough said:

His best spot is 3T, but he plays in a two gap scheme and dominates double teams.  He can play anywhere along the line

On 2/17/2020 at 8:21 PM, kiwifalcon said:

Baylor West Virginia Texas it’s all the same plenty of grunt at the point of attack big motor active hands athletic as ****.

He’s right there with Gallimore for me.

Gallimore ia more pro ready, but Blacklock has a higher ceiling for sure. 

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I like this guy as well..

Benito Jones, Ole Miss. The active nose tackle weighed in at 6-1 and 313, so he'll look the part. Add in a gargantuan wingspan of nearly 84 inches and you have quite the compact yet lengthy interior disruptor.

Just had a quick look at this guy against LSU.Need to see more because he got handled in that game.