Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kiwifalcon

The Bull.

35 posts in this topic

We need one of these disruptive athletic beasts on the inside in the top 2 rounds. Thankfully there's a bunch this year.

Been saying for months how it’s going to be a 2nd round “pick what you prefer” thing with Elliot, Hamilton, Blacklock, Gallimore and Johnson.  Can’t go wrong with either.  They all have good traits.  

kiwifalcon likes this

He's a 3-tech. Same as Grady. It would work on passing downs, but I still want a guy who can play the 0-1, command double teams and shut down the run. We truly need a big dude. It makes the entire defense better. That's why Poe worked so well when he was here.

Kinlaw and Brown can play over the center due to their size. I'd rather have someone in that mold. Jordan Elliot is a 2nd-3rd round guy that could work.

13 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Think he has a decent shot at being one of those guys who goes top 20 when no one expects him to.

Came in here to say exactly this. Agree 100

3 hours ago, djbrough said:

He's a 3-tech. Same as Grady. It would work on passing downs, but I still want a guy who can play the 0-1, command double teams and shut down the run. We truly need a big dude. It makes the entire defense better. That's why Poe worked so well when he was here.

Kinlaw and Brown can play over the center due to their size. I'd rather have someone in that mold. Jordan Elliot is a 2nd-3rd round guy that could work.

Strongly disagree with this tbh. He's great against double teams and played at 330 before. Even 310 is enough for a 1T in this front - Poe played around that weight, Grady played at 300 when playing 1T. I like Brown and Kinlaw too, but if you think Kinlaw is better suited to playing 1T than Blacklock I feel like we're watching different players.

Side note - it's getting way less hype than other positions, and way less than even last year, but this is my favorite year at DT since 2016. I have 5 guys graded higher than Christian Wilkins last year. 

On 2/19/2020 at 3:58 AM, djbrough said:

There interchangeable at the 1 against the run don’t think you’d lose too much either way.Poe played a lot of 3 Tech here aswell.If you throw both Jarrett and Blacklock upfront the run defense is good either way.

RING OF HONOR likes this

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

There interchangeable at the 1 against the run don’t think you’d lose too much either way.Poe played a lot of 3 Tech here aswell.If you throw both Jarrett and Blacklock upfront the run defense is good either way.

Agreed

On 2/18/2020 at 1:04 AM, A-TowN.- said:

Insane agility for his size. He’s a beast.

Pretty insane quickness to make that lateral move and sack the QB as he was going by in that last clip. He's going to go high in the draft.

kiwifalcon and HASHBROWN3 like this

On 2/17/2020 at 8:04 PM, kiwifalcon said:

Proper power player inside this guy.

Wouldn’t mind seeing a guy like this next to Jarrett.

Now that he is removed from TCU’s two gap scheme we should see just how dominant he is.  He is a clone of Grady , just bigger and stronger 

HASHBROWN3 and kiwifalcon like this

On 2/18/2020 at 9:58 AM, djbrough said:

His best spot is 3T, but he plays in a two gap scheme and dominates double teams.  He can play anywhere along the line

m2Falcons likes this

18 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Weighed a lot lower than expected tbh. Still a fan, but maybe more teams are interested in him as a 3T/3-4 DE and that's why he shed so much.

I think he shed weight simply to improve his on field drill times.  He will be back up to 305 by rookie camp IMO

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

I like this guy as well..

Benito Jones, Ole Miss. The active nose tackle weighed in at 6-1 and 313, so he'll look the part. Add in a gargantuan wingspan of nearly 84 inches and you have quite the compact yet lengthy interior disruptor.

On 2/17/2020 at 8:21 PM, kiwifalcon said:

Baylor West Virginia Texas it’s all the same plenty of grunt at the point of attack big motor active hands athletic as ****.

He’s right there with Gallimore for me.

Gallimore ia more pro ready, but Blacklock has a higher ceiling for sure. 

FalconsIn2012 and kiwifalcon like this

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I like this guy as well..

Benito Jones, Ole Miss. The active nose tackle weighed in at 6-1 and 313, so he'll look the part. Add in a gargantuan wingspan of nearly 84 inches and you have quite the compact yet lengthy interior disruptor.

Just had a quick look at this guy against LSU.Need to see more because he got handled in that game.

FalconsIn2012 likes this