Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AUTiger7222

Trade For Darius Slay?

59 posts in this topic

A few questions!

1.) Would you trade for Darius Slay?

2.) What would it cost to trade for him?

3.) What kind of contract would it take to sign him?

Not even worth taking time to discuss TBH. He's not going to be a Falcon unless it's via free agency next season. Even then there's a slew of teams with tons more money than the Falcons will have. He's already made it clear he's not taking a discounted deal. It's not going to happen. Someone like the Chargers can afford to trade for him and pay him whatever he wants right now

22 minutes ago, RYNE said:

We have no money 

Right!  No way we could afford him.  Rather go with the Draft to find a CB.  Besides, he seems to be a "legend in his own mind", and probably not worth what it would take to get him.  But, somebody will over-pay him, more than likely --- 

Alright. I feel ya, I knew it wasn't a realistic idea given the Falcons cap situation. Just figured it was something different for discussion.

22 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

The very best in the don't get traded. If Slay was truly a special player, the Lions wouldn't be trading him. They simply don't think he's worth the money he wants. 

I disagree that the very best players don't get traded. We've seen HOF players like Marshall Faulk get traded right in the middle of his prime because the Colts didn't want to pay him when he was about to become a free agent. Not saying Slay is a HOF player or even close to it, just disagree with your premise.

Osiruz likes this

22 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

The very best in the don't get traded. If Slay was truly a special player, the Lions wouldn't be trading him. They simply don't think he's worth the money he wants. 

And for anyone who thinks money isn’t the driving factor 

1 hour ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Like I always say. I have GMC Sierra dreams but Chevy S10 money.

He's got #1 Corner dreams but top 10-15 skill.

GMC Sierra Denali....I got to have it

Ovie_Lover likes this

1 hour ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Since they are in the best possible position to know, I'd be inclined to believe them and look elsewhere.

JD dirtybird21 likes this

10 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Would sooner trade for Adams for S.

Slay seems like a ***** reading his tweets. He must think he is the top CB in the game, but he’s not. $17M a year, puh-lease...

I'd easily rather have Adams. I think it's a pipe dream tho. He apparently wants to stay in ny

MoFalconsFan56 and Ovie_Lover like this

3 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Well yeah, money is the driving factor as it is with nearly every single move that is made.

It never ceases to amaze me how people say "money is the driving factor" in a negative tone when discussing player negotiations! IT'S A BUSINESS. EVERY SINGLE PLAYER, COACH, ADMINISTRATOR, AND THE OWNER has money as a driving factor. ONLY fans get confused about this and start thinking players should play for the love of the game.

It's annoying to me.

thamill likes this

13 minutes ago, Bunchy Carter said:

It never ceases to amaze me how people say "money is the driving factor" in a negative tone when discussing player negotiations! IT'S A BUSINESS. EVERY SINGLE PLAYER, COACH, ADMINISTRATOR, AND THE OWNER has money as a driving factor. ONLY fans get confused about this and start thinking players should play for the love of the game.

It's annoying to me.

Be annoyed then. All he is concerned about is money. The tweets prove that. If you think otherwise I don’t know what to tell you. 

3 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

I disagree that the very best players don't get traded. We've seen HOF players like Marshall Faulk get traded right in the middle of his prime because the Colts didn't want to pay him when he was about to become a free agent. Not saying Slay is a HOF player or even close to it, just disagree with your premise.

I don’t believe Marshall Faulk was viewed as a special player when he played for the Colts. 

Ovie_Lover likes this