Not the whole recipe but some modifications to a basic meatloaf

one pound venison and one pound ground sausage combined

sauce

3 parts ketchup

3 parts brown sugar

1 part mustard

What are parts. I'm here to learn.

if you want just enough to top the meatloaf then use

3 tbsp of ketchup:3 tbsp of brown sugar:1 tbsp of mustard and mix.  Put on meatloaf after it cools a few minutes.

My brother loves this so much that I have had to up the amount to make sure plenty of sauce is left over for him to use.

So you can easily double the mix with 6 tbsp:6 tbsp:2 tbsp and half should cover the meatloaf and the other half can be used when eating.

Be careful with the mustard as just a little too much and it will dominate the flavor.

15 hours ago, 95Dawg said:

Not the whole recipe but some modifications to a basic meatloaf

one pound venison and one pound ground sausage combined

sauce

3 parts ketchup

3 parts brown sugar

1 part mustard

2 hours ago, 95Dawg said:

if you want just enough to top the meatloaf then use

3 tbsp of ketchup:3 tbsp of brown sugar:1 tbsp of mustard and mix.  Put on meatloaf after it cools a few minutes.

My brother loves this so much that I have had to up the amount to make sure plenty of sauce is left over for him to use.

So you can easily double the mix with 6 tbsp:6 tbsp:2 tbsp and half should cover the meatloaf and the other half can be used when eating.

Be careful with the mustard as just a little too much and it will dominate the flavor.

What temp and how long do you place in the oven?

28 minutes ago, oztin said:

What temp and how long do you place in the oven?

I normally do 350 for 45 minutes in my oven but our oven cooks fast.  So it may take 45 minutes - 1 hr.

We basically have to adjust all cooking times at the house.  We have an old (1978 avocado green) drop-in stove.

I also add

1 diced onion

1/2 - 1 diced bell pepper (amount depends on how much you like bell peppers)

italian seasoned bread crumbs (1 cup)

some Tony's, black pepper, garlic powder, chives, rosemary, oregano, and odd spices.  normally either tbsp or tsp amounts.  Adjust to your taste

My wife gets mad sometimes because I can't duplicate the season mix as I just grab and pour into a cup and alter until it tastes right to us.

I did find out that if you do the 1 pound of sausage with the 1 pound of venison then you don't need salt.  We added salt the first time and it was saltier than it needed to be.

oztin likes this

4 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

I normally do 350 for 45 minutes in my oven but our oven cooks fast.  So it may take 45 minutes - 1 hr.

We basically have to adjust all cooking times at the house.  We have an old (1978 avocado green) drop-in stove.

I also add

1 diced onion

1/2 - 1 diced bell pepper (amount depends on how much you like bell peppers)

italian seasoned bread crumbs (1 cup)

some Tony's, black pepper, garlic powder, chives, rosemary, oregano, and odd spices.  normally either tbsp or tsp amounts.  Adjust to your taste

My wife gets mad sometimes because I can't duplicate the season mix as I just grab and pour into a cup and alter until it tastes right to us.

I did find out that if you do the 1 pound of sausage with the 1 pound of venison then you don't need salt.  We added salt the first time and it was saltier than it needed to be.

Nice sounds really good

14 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

What are parts. I'm here to learn.

To answer the question specifically, "parts" is used for relative ingredient ratios. As you can see in his response, he replaced parts with tablespoons, or for a larger batch it was the same ratios but 1 part was two tablespoons. 

Just an easy way to give the general idea of how much of each thing. Frequently used for dry rubs, spice blends, and sauces where quantity needed may vary.