Falcons Fan MVP

Julio Jones is the greatest Falcon of all time!

78 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Good point on Abraham. He’s definitely the most underrated player that I can think of in this frachises history. I remember in 2008, he had 16.5 sacks, and didn’t get an all pro or even a pro bowl nod. His production and value is definitely overshadowed by Ryan, Roddy, Turner, Gonzalez, and Julio. But you could make an argument that he was the 2nd most valuable player on this team during the Smitty era. 

Yessir. He had a huge impact on the team both on and off the field. He took the young guys down to Florida to train in the offseason with him and was played a huge role in defensive success throughout those years. Had Rod Coleman been able to stay healthy I would mention him as well but he never could stay on the field. 

JD dirtybird21 likes this

12 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

I understand and agree with you but that shouldn’t matter to us Falcons fans. Anybody who watched him play, regardless of our record, knows how truly great he really was. 

For sure, was mostly just answering your question. Not necessarily my opinion, just providing an answer 

16 hours ago, Drew4719 said:

I think it’s either him or Matt. It’s hard for me to pick one over the other. I like to think of them as the co-GOATs of the franchise. Though Mike Kenn deserves a mention too.

Yea they're intrinsically tied together. 

Both have elevated this franchise to heights it's never seen before. 

2 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

Peeps shoulda seen William Andrews. 

You’ve mentioned him before. I think his career was just too short lived. Pretty sad as he had the talent to be a truly special player in this league. Unfortunately, most football fans don’t even know who he is 

Andrews is the reason I became a Falcons fan

Vandy likes this

10 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Julio is probably one of the best players to ever play the game.. But hes getting to the point hes going to start falling off.. Its a shame the talent this franchise can seem to waste 

Not sure I agree he is falling off or will real soon. His career avg is 1,347 yds, 6.3 TD, 15 ypc. In 2019 (first year in a questionable offense, and not stellar year from Ryan) he had 1,394 yd, 6td, 14.1 ypc.

he is so well conditioned and athletically elite he could do this for a while. No reason he can’t play at a high level as long as someone like Fitz or TO did. I hope I am right at least since we just recommitted for 3-5 more years.

11 hours ago, Rings said:

Jones has the talent, had. A rough year last year, we will see how he does the next few.  Grady May unseat some of the best at IDL if he hasn’t already, I love me some Babs though.

Babs was great, very underrated. As of now I say Grady>Babs though..not ready to put him above Coleman though, dude was the friggin man, he was soooo overlooked by the NFL and it’s fans.

Rings likes this

3 hours ago, Vandy said:

Peeps shoulda seen William Andrews. 

I started watching the falcons back during the Bubba Bean and Haskel Stanbeck days.  So yes I remember Andrews.  Blocked for Joe Cribbs and James Brooks at Auburn.  Drafted by the Falcons and surprised everyone.  Madden loved him as a player...

Vandy likes this

8 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Do you know what /p means? And do you know which Anderson I’m referring to

Didn't see that went straight to the reply button, and yea 

Morton Anderson or Tony G   

Julio is up there and Dion Sanders   Matt Ryan   tommy nobis  

You know Julio when all is done will probably be the best its had to pick a WR though but he is great and not done yet

9 hours ago, Spts1 said:

Julio has been the best at his position so that makes him the best falcon...

*******? 

Personally I would have to say Jessie Tuggle.  He was a beast on bad teams.

Honorable mention would be William Andrews.  In John Madden's first book which I THINK came out around 1988, he said Andrews was in his top five of all-time running backs...and said he'd be a sure HOF'er if he didn't get the injuries he did.

Edited by skullkrusher07