Vikings are in cap trouble...D#

MattM12

They are currently 11.4 over... 

Worst in the league.

Without wishing ill on the boys up north, their D# that has release candidates in Rhodes, Joseph and Griffen, all cutable with big numbers.

Apparently Rhodes has fallen off a cliff, but sign me up on Griffen. He would be a game wrecker. Because that's what he is.

We could also do a lot worse than Linval Joseph... Thoughts?

In another thread apparently Ryan’s the greediest man on the planet but Kirk I’ve done f...all in this league Cousins has a basically fully guaranteed QB contract and not a word.

Funny how this works.

No to Joseph I think similar could be had in this draft closest comparable I’ve seen is Neville Gallimore.

Rhodes will still get top CB money if he hits the market.

Same with Griffen.

I think we can get guys for the right price in FA but if I’m honest we have to hit a HR or 2 in the draft is preferably where I’d like the team to go.

Even bigger are players like Takk Oliver Gono Lindstrom McGary and Sheffield to take the next step in development would help out even more.To me right now Draft & Development is the key to the Falcons in my eyes.

24 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

In another thread apparently Ryan’s the greediest man on the planet but Kirk I’ve don f...all in this league Cousins has a basically fully guaranteed QB contract and not a word.

Funny how this works.

No to Joseph I think similar could be had in this draft closest comparable I’ve seen is Neville Gallimore.

Rhodes will still get top CB money if he hits the market.

Same with Griffen.

I think we can get guys for the right price in FA but if I’m honest we have to hit a HR or 2 in the draft is preferably where I’d like the team to go.

Even bigger are players like Takk Oliver Gono Lindstrom McGary and Sheffield to take the next step in development would help out even more.To me right now Draft & Development is the key to the Falcons in my eyes.

You can stick a fork in takk's career here. 

Just now, caponine said:

Did roddy talk as much as Takk did ?? I honestly dont know. Wasnt really watching football 2005-2006. 

Roddy talked **** all the time. There’s a huge difference in the 2. Roddy talked **** to his opponent. Takk just trolls on twitter. Huge difference. 

5 minutes ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

I mean in all fairness we have no clue what Takk says on the field lol 

Regardless talking is a part of the game. Us fans just don’t tolerate it when the player hasn’t done anything. Everyone on the field talks **** at some point. Just ask Philip Rivers. But honestly talking shouldn’t have really been brought up

I just don't get the people hitching the wagon to Takk. Between injuries and lack of production what have ya got, not much. I don't want to here crap of being played out of position. He has had enough time and has come up short all too often. 

I sure hope he turns it on this season. Just if he is a key in the cog of the Falcons defense being good, then look for another long year. 

23 minutes ago, high impact said:

I just don't get the people hitching the wagon to Takk. Between injuries and lack of production what have ya got, not much. I don't want to here crap of being played out of position. He has had enough time and has come up short all too often. 

I sure hope he turns it on this season. Just if he is a key in the cog of the Falcons defense being good, then look for another long year. 

He had the third highest win rate against his blocks this year.  Prior to the bye we had the lowest amount of sacks in the league, after the bye when they fixed coverage, players started getting home, unfortunately Takk got hurt and missed most of that time and didn’t get to reap those benefits.  

Beating your blocker at a high rate + coverage holding up = more sacks.

1 hour ago, high impact said:

Averaged 7 TFL per season and was averaging 6.5 sacks before he was turned into a  linebacker, I wouldn't say that's bad production. Its not great, but his pressure rate is very good. 

8 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Seems like people keep throwing a lifeline to Takk (who is a bust at this point) while giving Beastley a bunch of grief, while he actually did something.

Bs couldn’t stop the run and almost never showed up in crunch time. I wish him the best but I’m glad we’re moving on. Takk does have a lot to prove but to me he seems to be better against the run and is bigger and stronger than Bs. I think Takk breaks out into double digit sacks this year if healthy and doesn’t do something crazy. His behavior scares me sometimes but I definitely haven’t given up on him yet. Just imagine a healthy Clowney on the other side or D Fowler. Ha we going to somebody’s azs 

6 hours ago, Rings said:

He had the third highest win rate against his blocks this year.  Prior to the bye we had the lowest amount of sacks in the league, after the bye when they fixed coverage, players started getting home, unfortunately Takk got hurt and missed most of that time and didn’t get to reap those benefits.  

Beating your blocker at a high rate + coverage holding up = more sacks.

Well can't make a play watching on the sideline. How many seasons has Takk played all 16? I was not impressed by his setting the edge on run plays. Maybe this can be his year. The past years don't show much to to get excited about. 

5 hours ago, Osiruz said:

Averaged 7 TFL per season and was averaging 6.5 sacks before he was turned into a  linebacker, I wouldn't say that's bad production. Its not great, but his pressure rate is very good. 

So 7 TFL is that after his sack total? Also I only see 5.5 sacks per year Vic averaged 7.5 and where is he now? I am going to hold off getting all happy that Takk is going to save this defense.