Met max crosby

texasfalconfan

Interesting story. So I’m on a cruise, and I get into a conversation with this guy at the sports bar. So I’m talking about the draft and the falcons and I mention how I wanted us to take max Crosby with our 3rd but we gave it up and the guy was like, that’s cool because he’s my brother and is Sitting right over there. He is a really cool guy. Small world lol

5 minutes ago, texasfalconfan said:

Interesting story. So I’m on a cruise, and I get into a conversation with this guy at the sports bar. So I’m talking about the draft and the falcons and I mention how I wanted us to take max Crosby with our 3rd but we gave it up and the guy was like, that’s cool because he’s my brother and is Sitting right over there. He is a really cool guy. Small world lol

Nice.  I mocked Crosby to us in the 3rd as well. Sure would be helpful atm.  At least we got Kaleb

Just now, FalconsIn2012 said:

Tunnel vision is rarely your friend on the draft.  Be good with 3 or 4 guys and let the draft fall to you.

If I have a choice between 1 guy I think can be amazing and 2 or 3 I think will be good I'm going for amazing. You wanna talk about playmakers but then back track and pick scraps. You can't have it both ways. 

I'd rather draft 3 awesome guys than draft 1 good, 2 alright, and 4 bust.

I think a good question would be.... What kind of player would Crosby be as a Falcon? Of course we will never know. I doubt the Falcons would have made use of his services as much as Oakland did. In all likelihood the Falcons wouldn't know what they have yet. Of course different schemes equals different results as well. 

1 minute ago, Ovie_Lover said:

If I have a choice between 1 guy I think can be amazing and 2 or 3 I think will be good I'm going for amazing. You wanna talk about playmakers but then back track and pick scraps. You can't have it both ways. 

I'd rather draft 3 awesome guys than draft 1 good, 2 alright, and 4 bust.

In a vacuum, yes.  But the draft is such an unknown that this just isn’t the right strategy.

2008: TD traded  #34, #43 & #104 for his guy Sam Baker

2013: Falcons trade a 3rd and 6th to move up 8 spots for Trufant with Rhodes still available

2017: Falcons trade a 3rd and 6th for Takk

2019:  Falcons trade 3rd for Kaleb

None of those look like great moves to get TD’s guy.  The only one that’s worked is Julio

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

In a vacuum, yes.  But the draft is such an unknown that this just isn’t the right strategy.

2008: TD traded  #34, #43 & #104 for his guy Sam Baker

2013: Falcons trade a 3rd and 6th to move up 8 spots for Trufant with Rhodes still available

2017: Falcons trade a 3rd and 6th for Takk

2019:  Falcons trade 3rd for Kaleb

None of those look like great moves to get TD’s guy.  The only one that’s worked is Julio

Sam was decent when healthy and that wasnt his guy. Their was a run on T and he panicked. Gtfo

Trufant was awesome until he got hurt and now Rhodes is playing even worse than Trufant lol

Takk I like but we could have done better, TJ Watt was a guy I wanted but he is a 3-4 OLB so I doubt he'd have sucess here under Quinn.

And Kaleb was good for a rookie.

1 minute ago, texasfalconfan said:

I will say this, he was not a fan of TD, said he came across arrogant. He said he was convinced the falcons didnt want him when he left his meeting with them

Figured we didn't want him. Crosby, Savage, and Sanders were my must grabs last year. And we didnt get any.