AB says Playoffs are the standard!!!

20 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

AB says Playoffs are the standard!!!

His team is substandard.

Exactly and imho the standard Sb a LOMBARDI!!   No one down there should pat themselves on back and exhibit the lack of fire this team has since LI ever again. Members of this team have admitted publicly (via press) that “they started believing their own hype and thought they were too good” (I’m paraphrasing).......this tells you all you needed to know and the leadership/culture of this org apparently allowed this complacency.  Look where it got you Mr B!!   LOMBARD is your fans standard!!!!!!!!  Wake up!!!!!!! This town is sick of “playoff teams” that are just that.  “Teams for other org to knock off in route to their championship coronation”.  This fan base isn’t stupid, well know when playoffs was a reasonable achievement but this org should have one point on their compass...,...,,,,.THE LOMBARDI!!!!!!!!!! Everyone down there either needs to eat, sleep and breathe this or get out!!!!!!   We’re sick of buzz words, slogans and gimmicks!!!!   Give us the orig uniforms (modernized version), give us burgers, dogs, beer, beautiful cheerleaders, clean restrooms, ample parking and cheap seats........then most importantly....  Go to church, mass, temple or wherever, cleanse ur selves of all other impure thoughts and most importantly.....SHUT UP AND GIVE US A LOMBARDI!!!!!!!   Now where’s my Ativan......and scotch......

On 2/15/2020 at 11:06 AM, JDaveG said:

Well, spouting off hasn’t gotten us one in 17 of those either. So maybe this isn’t a really good way to approach the issue. 

Being up 28-3 and blowing the SB is my issue. Fan for over 50 years and I ain't getting any younger.  I don't give a rats *** how they do it as long as they do it. My years left are numbered.

On 2/16/2020 at 1:16 AM, Spts1 said:

Staying quiet hasn't gotten falcon ownership a championship in over 50 years...

When has AB ever stayed quiet? That's @JDaveG's point. When you keep meddling and don't allow the people you hired to do their job to the best of their ability, you create situations like Sark getting fired and replaced with Dirk Koetter, the debacle after 2012, Dan Reeves getting fired which directly contributed to Vick's downward spiral, etc...

AB needs to stay out of it. He knows business. He doesn't know football, so why the heck is he trying to pressure people into making certain decisions as if he knows better?

8 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

The disdain for blank on these boards is beyond idiotic and a recent trend that needs to fade out quickly.  

The disdain is not for Blank, but for a statement like "the playoffs are our standard".  

Nothing could be further from the truth.....and board members are calling him out for it.  

I have no disdain for Arthur Blank.  He is the best owner this franchise has ever had.  (admittedly, the bar is low)  

2 hours ago, No.11 said:

When has AB ever stayed quiet? That's @JDaveG's point. When you keep meddling and don't allow the people you hired to do their job to the best of their ability, you create situations like Sark getting fired and replaced with Dirk Koetter, the debacle after 2012, Dan Reeves getting fired which directly contributed to Vick's downward spiral, etc...

AB needs to stay out of it. He knows business. He doesn't know football, so why the heck is he trying to pressure people into making certain decisions as if he knows better?

Last place in the 3 point contest Trae...:(

:lol:  Blank doesn't need to meddle but he do need to set a standard for the team...

6 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Being up 28-3 and blowing the SB is my issue. Fan for over 50 years and I ain't getting any younger.  I don't give a rats *** how they do it as long as they do it. My years left are numbered.

This right here is the issue for many!   I’m 48 and doubt I have another 50 years to watch them flounder.  I know Mr B prbly feels this as well. I don’t think there’s so much disdain for Mr B as there is frustration w LI.   Frustration w last 50+ years and legit fear that the current regime can’t get us over hump.  I’ve promised not to badmouth so I’m sticking w it.  It’s FEAR......this org (for many years prior to Mr B )  has tortured its fan base like few can.  The pain has only been worsened Recently and there’s a collective feeling that a full 16 games, playoffs and full 4 qtrs of SB football may still be a pipe dream.  It is very difficult for the avg fan to invest in what they see going on either financially or emotionally.  Yes it was a really good 6-2 but every Falcons fan knows “it ain’t over until it’s over” in the most painful of fashions.   WE FEAR WHAT YHIS TEAM HAS CONDITIONED ITS FANBASE TO EXPECT.....the inevitable letdown......I feel for Mr B.   It’s not easy being in shoes w so many looking to you for solutions/resolution.  I blv he wants to win, I think most blv that too but I dont think everyone is enamored w the results of our leaderships efforts thus far. Maybe (hopefully) Mr B knows more than the avg fan and is listening to folks who do.  I just think you have a fanbase who’s not convinced that knowledge exists at the branch.  We’re all pulling for Mr B and this team though!!!  Nothing would taste better than good ole Lombardi Crowe!!!

19 hours ago, SirCzah said:

Maybe he can start by reevaluating the "Falcons' Filter." 

Watching a loss is one thing, but watching our team repeatedly get b^&*$ed by physical play gets unbearable.

The weak and underweight OLs and DLs that TD keeps building will do that.

On 2/15/2020 at 5:19 PM, octoslash said:

No, you know how the Falcons are.  They'll go 10-6, win a wildcard game, lose the division round, and we'll be stuck with mediocrity when they go for another two 7-9s after that.  

We never get to the mountain top, but we're just good enough to also never rebuild.  

So true man!!!  This is the pain of it all!!!

Here’s the thing. As a Stl cardinals fan we expect to make a playoff run every single year. We are accustomed to winning. It is expected. Nobody has to say it here it’s just expected. Anything outside of a deep playoff run is just ok. There really are no morale victories with this franchise. Even this past year we over-achieved. Y’all were and are the better team rolling in to next year. Although we have some great pitching....sorry getting the baseball itch as I do around this time every year but I digress...

Blank talks ab playoffs being the standard but I feel like he wouldn’t know ab a winning culture was if it were sitting on his face. I NEVER KNOW what I’m getting with this team and we never over-achieve. 
So this is all just lip service. Here comes the sexy draft pick to go along with all of this lip service btw. I fully expect Swift to be the 16th pick overall. 

*Business aside of course because I do respect him as both a man and business man. (And for those that don’t know yes who you are as a man may not be who you are as a business man)*

On 2/17/2020 at 11:53 AM, Spts1 said:

Last place in the 3 point contest Trae...:(

:lol:  Blank doesn't need to meddle but he do need to set a standard for the team...

Meh, it was probably just nerves. I think he was trying to concentrate but didn't realize how quickly it went.

And that standard has been set--ever since the Vick days. However, as I said, when he keeps meddling and trying to force the issue, he makes it hard to maintain that standard. Continuity is key.