KCFalcon22

Trade a 4th for Njoku?

66 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Nope. I bring our detractors and trolls pretty quickly. Most only see the positives

Nah you got some serious hut hugging groupies. Throw a name out. Any name in the draft you like and I promise you'll see him in 3 mocks by the end of the offseason. Maybe not now that I said that but I've seen it a lot :lol:

2 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Nah you got some serious hut hugging groupies. Throw a name out. Any name in the draft you like and I promise you'll see him in 3 mocks by the end of the offseason. Maybe not now that I said that but I've seen it a lot :lol:

I usually see the cats that get all irritated with what I say. 

Rings and blkbigdog35 like this

4 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

I usually see the cats that get all irritated with what I say. 

You got those but you got a few that will agree with anything you say. If they see this then they'll stop but you can legit name a player and be like "yeah he cool" and they'll throw his *** in their next mock or make a thread about the dude.

Rings and JD dirtybird21 like this

14 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

You got those but you got a few that will agree with anything you say. If they see this then they'll stop but you can legit name a player and be like "yeah he cool" and they'll throw his *** in their next mock or make a thread about the dude.

Bro...even you have that. Heck everyone has people that basically see the same thing. It’s not about kissing asch. It’s likely I agree with those people quite a bit as well. Some here will disagree with everything I say just to do it. TATF is built like that. Unofficial factions and 95% false facts.

papachaz likes this

34 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Bro...even you have that. Heck everyone has people that basically see the same thing. It’s not about kissing asch. It’s likely I agree with those people quite a bit as well. Some here will disagree with everything I say just to do it. TATF is built like that. Unofficial factions and 95% false facts.

I don't post the players I like. Keep em to myself. Too many people here wanna tag you if the guy you said you like gives up a TD or drops a pass or something in his first game. Got old.

Rings likes this

7 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

I don't post the players I like. Keep em to myself. Too many people here wanna tag you if the guy you said you like gives up a TD or drops a pass or something in his first game. Got old.

I barely post on TATF anymore man

blkbigdog35 likes this

1 minute ago, Knight of God said:

I barely post on TATF anymore man

I post to keep myself entertained at work that's about it. I was hardly here when I was making deliveries. 

Knight of God likes this

4 hours ago, Knight of God said:

HeII, I want to trade for Jamal Adams and take Winfield in the second.

I’m starting to think your ultimate goal is to have to a defense with all 11 players being safeties....

4 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Miss one round and they freak out. Happened last year. 

Giving up a day two pick just to move up for an unproven player is very different than giving a day three pick for a guy you know what you are getting.  I wouldn’t care that we used a second rounder for McGary, it’s that we used a second and third round pick for him.  The two situations aren’t comparable.  One is 1 late pick for 1 player, the other is 2 day two picks for 1 player.  Sick of us trading up when we need depth.

Njoku would definitely be nice, but his contract is expiring soon. So unless we want a one year rental, wouldn’t it make more sense to just resign Hooper? Unless you’re saying we have both on the team. In that case, I’m all for that as well. 

2 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

Njoku would definitely be nice, but his contract is expiring soon. So unless we want a one year rental, wouldn’t it make more sense to just resign Hooper? Unless you’re saying we have both on the team. In that case, I’m all for that as well. 

Njoku wont get paid near what Hooper is unless he has a breakout year, it would likely be a trade and sign type deal so it would be before he played next season, plus there is club option for year five.

Just now, Atlantafan21 said:

Njoku is 1.6 this year and club option in2021.  So for me I’d go with Njoku especially if we are talking Cap #’s.  That’s two years at a low salary

Francis York Morgan and Rings like this

2 minutes ago, Rings said:

Njoku wont get paid near what Hooper is unless he has a breakout year, it would likely be a trade and sign type deal so it would be before he played next season.

If Njoku didn’t have a breakout year for us, then that’d honestly be disappointing. Working with Matt and the offense, I’m almost 100% sure he’d put up numbers. By the time his contract is up I’d expect him to yield the same type of contract Hooper currently does, maybe even more when adjusted for inflation. 

2 minutes ago, KCFalcon22 said:

Njoku is 1.6 this year and club option in2021.  So for me I’d go with Njoku especially if we are talking Cap #’s.  That’s two years at a low salary

Forgot he was a first round pick, that 5th year option would definitely come in handy. 

KCFalcon22 likes this

23 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I’m starting to think your ultimate goal is to have to a defense with all 11 players being safeties....

Why would I want that exactly?

1 hour ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I’m just making a joke about how you love safeties. Guess it wasn’t very good. 

No that’s my bad man. I do love safeties, but I also love DL and LB. see, I’m a defense snob. I believe in a centerpiece DT (check), at least one good edge guy, at least one good LB (check), and safeties. 

it was funny after I thought about it a second. It flew over my head 

Atlantafan21 likes this

7 hours ago, Rings said:

Giving up a day two pick just to move up for an unproven player is very different than giving a day three pick for a guy you know what you are getting.  I wouldn’t care that we used a second rounder for McGary, it’s that we used a second and third round pick for him.  The two situations aren’t comparable.  One is 1 late pick for 1 player, the other is 2 day two picks for 1 player.  Sick of us trading up when we need depth.

We gave up a 2nd and 3rd for a 1st. So we lost out on just one pick. 

AllStarHandyMan likes this

14 hours ago, KCFalcon22 said:

So this is a question for the board.  If Hooper is walking, would you consider sending Cleveland a 4th for Njoku.  He’s due 1.6 in 2020 and club option in 2021.  I don’t think it would be a bad move but I wanted to get everyone’s thoughts!

ESPN's Jake Trotter believes the Browns will consider trading David Njoku this offseason.

This isn't a surprise after Njoku said he wasn't sure if he'll be back with the Browns next season. Cleveland has since fired Freddie Kitchens and brought in a new front office, but it's possible they also move on from Njoku, who has never really clicked with Baker Mayfield. Coming off a lost 2019, Njoku likely wouldn't return more than a Day 3 pick.

If you trade for him and he plays good with ryan you are in the same spot we are with Hooper... let him walk or sign him.. 

So has he shown anything to be better then Hooper that you will take the chances. Paying him more then rookie. But also taking someone else's player when you have your own home grown TE.

I just dont see why to trade a pick for a player on a one year deal that is going to put us in the same place we are now with Hooper. 

KCFalcon22 likes this

6 minutes ago, AllStarHandyMan said:

If you trade for him and he plays good with ryan you are in the same spot we are with Hooper... let him walk or sign him.. 

So has he shown anything to be better then Hooper that you will take the chances. Paying him more then rookie. But also taking someone else's player when you have your own home grown TE.

I just dont see why to trade a pick for a player on a one year deal that is going to put us in the same place we are now with Hooper. 

He has 2 years. Fifth year option won’t be very high for him due to position and where he was drafted. Not sure if I would trade for him, or just draft a guy.

Would rather have Hooper than Njoku when comparing the players, but the latter would be more financially feasible. We would save contract costs for 2 years, and the team would likely get the pick back via (~4th round) comp pick for Hooper when he gets paid.

47 minutes ago, AllStarHandyMan said:

And honestly how much longer are Matt and Julio going to scare the league

1 hour ago, KCFalcon22 said:

And honestly how much longer are Matt and Julio going to scare the league

I would say worst case is 2 years of julio. But we really dont have a offense that people fear do to play calling. They fear julio for who he is. Yet doesnt fear us as a team because we make ourselves so easy to defend. That being said Julio and ryan still do they thing. 

KCFalcon22 likes this

2 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

He has 2 years. Fifth year option won’t be very high for him due to position and where he was drafted. Not sure if I would trade for him, or just draft a guy.

Would rather have Hooper than Njoku when comparing the players, but the latter would be more financially feasible. We would save contract costs for 2 years, and the team would likely get the pick back via (~4th round) comp pick for Hooper when he gets paid.

Ok that makes it a little easier to live with. I would still be taking a risk since you never know where the needle on Njoku will go up or down here! And you are give up a chance at having a 4 year player for a 2year player. But are a chance just one has played in the nfl

KCFalcon22 likes this