FalconsIn2012

Blank on Freeman: “I love him but salary cap is not unlimited”

104 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Yup, AB was just quoted making lengthy statements about the future of our team a few weeks ago. I specifically highlighted the portion of his comments about Beasley & suggested that it was not a very good endorsement for keeping him.  Soon thereafter we heard the team would move on from VB.

And now AB is showing little enthusiasm about the future of DF.  This shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone as it’s been marinating since his big payday.  As much as I appreciated DF & the value he once brought to the team,  that value has diminished since the SB.

Is anyone arguing that his performance has lived up to his contract?  He got paid on past performance & unfortunately has not been able to live up to that contract since signing it.  

VB gone, DF gone... it’s time to put up or shut up. Now we have to see what Keanu will be able to do.  I love him too.  But we must have healthy production to be successful.  What will happen to Hooper is the next big question.  He could end up being the sad casualty of our past stupidity.  But at least we have Brown & Carpenter :ninja:

Agreed, Freeman was a **** good rb in 2015-2017 ish. Injuries happened and it also seemed like some of his burst and quickness was gone. The cuts werent as sharp as he was before. Maybe he can back to that next season but im not sure that they chance that one more season

I really think This is a big year for Neal. If gets injured again or has an awful season. He is probably gone. I think Hooper is gone. And lol dont get to happy those two wont be here too long

However if this team does not make the playoffs, this team will blow everything up. Probably only Debo, Julio, Ryan, Grady, possibly Oliver are safe. 

HASHBROWN3 likes this

2 hours ago, MSalmon said:

I don’t know. Free is a change of pace guy at this point. Maybe 1000-1200 yds in right system. Considering he was a fourth round pick, we got good value, but he’s entering his seventh season, struggled with injuries since 2016 and he’s just losing burst. He’s still got a bit of shiftiness, but 1500 all purpose yards? I don’t see it

i think he’s in that jacquizz Rodgers State where he might break 1k yds total, useful for vet minimum, and more inclined towards receiving yards. 

Respectfully disagree. Freeman had 1,000 this year in his 1st year back from injury in a horrible system. 

Folks forget, he’s not even 28 yet. And not that much mileage in his (in reality) just 5  seasons.

MSalmon likes this

30 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Respectfully disagree. Freeman had 1,000 this year in his 1st year back from injury in a horrible system. 

Folks forget, he’s not even 28 yet. And not that much mileage in his (in reality) just 5  seasons.

Maybe. I like free. If he were cheer and we didn't have DK, this conversation wouldn't be happening. I think he's do well in LA, either rams or chargers as a COP with Gurley  or Melvin

Vandy and FalconsIn2012 like this

On 2/14/2020 at 1:59 PM, ya_boi_j said:

Man. Shout out to @Cole World and @blkbigdog35 for always posting this guys tweets. He really gives you something to think about with each tweet. Probably the only person online that makes me see things from an alternate perspective 

Well, one, why is Hill getting 2.44 mil? he's got 630 yards from scrimmage & 3 TDs in 3 years. Give him a mil or don't resign him and draft a RD4 RB instead. Then, you're talking 8 mil instead of  11.7  mil.  You save 3.7, not the 1+ mil shown in the tweet.

Do agree that a  new CBA with a similar structure as the previous one means he's much more likely to be cut. That 8 mil number would go down to 5 mil and that makes  more sense. Still, saving close to 4 mil  makes a lot of sense too. 

As far as Blank and negotiations goes, folks obviously don't remember when the Smiths were in charge- their nickname was the Clampetts. That was not a compliment.  Thing about those Falcons for life statements is they all had outs in them that allowed for that not to happen. People just ignore those because "We'd like Julio to be a falcon for life" is not nearly as clickbaity a headline as "Blank says Julio a falcons for life", it's just a more accurate headline.

I agree that "Love him, but cap" is still different than " We'd like Julio to be a Falcons for life". Difference, to me is, Julio is one of the best that's ever played the game and Free isn't. 

And, Freeman did not say he wanted a huge contract during super bowl week. The interview for the article was done weeks before the game and was then published  during the week of the super bowl.