FalconsIn2012

Blank on Freeman: “I love him but salary cap is not unlimited”

104 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, caponine said:

This is a major reach right here 

Unless SF lets injury-prone Teco go. :ninja:

19 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I said all purpose.  I’m pretty sure 1,000 yards rushing and 600 receiving as the #1 back in SF is completely possible.  This assumes SF needs a back, which they don’t 

In the right system, it wouldn’t surprise me to see a couple more 1500  total yard seasons out of Freeman.

Unfortunately for him ( and us), Koetter’s not the right system. 

26 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I said all purpose.  I’m pretty sure 1,000 yards rushing and 600 receiving as the #1 back in SF is completely possible.  This assumes SF needs a back, which they don’t 

Doubt it. They rotate heavy as ****.

Their highest guy didnt even hit 1000.

Just now, Ovie_Lover said:

Doubt it. They rotate heavy as ****.

I know.  It was just a hypothetical to illustrate that Freeman can still produce in the right situation

Just now, FalconsIn2012 said:

I know.  It was just a hypothetical to illustrate that Freeman can still produce in the right situation

In the right situation sure but he isnt touching 1600 yards in San Fran. Idk anywhere he would do that.

And you dont pay top 5 money to guys who need "the right situation". You give that to Matt, Julio, etc guys who perform in any scheme.

18 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

Idk Free was starting to look like the old free toward the end of last season.

Hes not touching 1600 man. San Frans highest back didnt even hit 1000. They rotate too heavy.

caponine likes this

11 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

In the right situation sure but he isnt touching 1600 yards in San Fran. Idk anywhere he would do that.

And you dont pay top 5 money to guys who need "the right situation". You give that to Matt, Julio, etc guys who perform in any scheme.

We’re paying several guys more than we should, which is why TD is on the hot seat. VB and Tru last year, Carp/Brown, Rico/Bailey/Ty/Freeman if not cut this year, etc. It’s a mess, similar to the mess we had in 2013-14.

Once upon a time, we had the right system. Which is why they paid Freeman. His Injuries are well documented, but the change in system is a real thing too.

Just now, Vandy said:

We paying several guys more than we should, which is TD is on the hot seat. VB last year, Ty, Rico Carp/Brown, Rico if not cut, etc. 

Once upon a time, we had the right system. Which is why they paid him. His Injuries are well documented, but the change in system is a real thing too.

And I believe we shouldn't have paid a **** one. Felt that before and feel that now. To me there's only a few you wanna resign.

Atleast 2-3 OL. LT and C being 2. Matthews and Mack

Atleast 1 DL Grady

1 LB Deion

A top tier S, don't have

QB

And a game changer at either WR, TE, or HB. We already have that in Julio.

Other than that we should be churning the roster. Short deals in FA, draft picks, etc

FalconsIn2012 and Vandy like this

1 minute ago, Ovie_Lover said:

And I believe we shouldn't have paid a **** one. Felt that before and feel that now. To me there's only a few you wanna resign.

Atleast 2-3 OL. LT and C being 2. Matthews and Mack

Atleast 1 DL Grady

1 LB Deion

A top tier S, don't have

QB

And a game changer at either WR, TE, or HB. We already have that in Julio.

Other than that we should be churning the roster. Short deals in FA, draft picks, etc

And you were right. Nobody can reasonably disagree with that now.

I think after the choke of SB 51 and beginning to see Ryan/Julio’s window closing, they went all in. Which looking back was a stupid approach. 

FalconsIn2012 and Ovie_Lover like this

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

I think after the choke of SB 51 and beginning to see Ryan/Julio’s window closing, they went all in. Which looking back was a stupid approach. 

**** *** way to go all in. 

@vel and I talked about it. For the money we got Beasley and the Guards we signed we could have had Tyrann, Irvin, and Spain at LG. That's ******* all in

Or Irvin, Saffold, and a lesser FA or just keep the **** money. 

dumb*** team.

Atl Falcon, Vandy and Stevo like this

38 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

**** *** way to go all in. 

@vel and I talked about it. For the money we got Beasley we could have had Tyrann, Irvin, and Spain at LG. That's ******* all in

Or Irvin, Saffold, and a lesser FA or just keep the **** money. 

dumb*** team.

Much better approach.

As you know, they lost me after 2017 season in that offseason when they let Michael Bennett get plucked away from them by eagles. Quinn instead went and got Jordan ******* Richards to be Neal’s replacement, and kept trotting Duke Riley out there with him game after game.  

And the Beasley thing made my head spin completely off. 

Just now, Vandy said:

Much better approach.

As you know, they lost me after 2017 season in that offseason when they let Michael Bennett get plucked from them by eagles. Quinn instead went and got Jordan ******* Richards to be Neal’s replacement, and kept trotting Duke Riley our there with him game after game.  

I was done with Quinn after 16.

Really drove it home after he hired Sark to run Kyle's offense.

kiwifalcon and Vandy like this

22 minutes ago, Vandy said:

It usually is.  Pay top dollar to secure a franchise QB.  Do the same for a franchise Blindside OT and Pass rusher.

But before any of that, secure an intelligent Head Coach that can lead an organization.

Vandy and kiwifalcon like this

18 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Honest question:

Do you think we win SB52 if Shanahan stayed one more year?

Vandy likes this

27 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

The coaching replacements are worse than the player execution issues.

They just made zero sense.

:doh: I still can’t believe he hired a rook of an OC to run one of thee more complicated schemes in the league and then followed it up with Dirk Farken Koetter.

The contracts given to the mid tier have hurt aswell.You’d think at least you’d get something anything from those 3 bums we signed upfront on the Oline last year but nope.

FalconsIn2012, Ovie_Lover and Vandy like this

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

In the right system, it wouldn’t surprise me to see a couple more 1500  total yard seasons out of Freeman.

lol youve been holding that one in lol

Lol he’s not getting 1500 yards anywhere. His age and injuries plus him being in a timeshare 

Vandy, FalconsIn2012 and Ovie_Lover like this

3 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

and not to mention they rotate backs frequently and many guys can produce in that system. At this point the rbs might be better than Freeman 

On 2/14/2020 at 0:05 PM, BigGrip said:

This is just "POOR" management. If you are letting the player go just do it. Don't let it play out in the media. He is as good as gone now. No need to try to negotiate anything. Don't think that other players around the league will overlook how this is being handled. .... . I'm certain Tampa Bay or Carolina will make him an offer if released. ..... . And no, I'm not saying we should keep him. I'm just saying this is NOT the way to handle this issue.  :bang:

I hear you, bro, but if you look at every other big-name player in a similar situation as Free, the media is all over the GM and/or owner looking for statements regarding that player's future. Just the nature of the off-season media grist mill.

Blank is just doing the best he can to answer the question politely without making a premature statement on his future. The FO may still be unsure of what they're going to do with Free at this point in time.

Vandy likes this

15 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

I hear you, bro, but if you look at every other big-name player in a similar situation as Free, the media is all over the GM and/or owner looking for statements regarding that player's future. Just the nature of the off-season media grist mill.

Blank is just doing the best he can to answer the question politely without making a premature statement on his future. The FO may still be unsure of what they're going to do with Free at this point in time.

nahh when your owner comes out and makes this statement. Idk if you can come back from that 

HASHBROWN3 and Atl Falcon like this

7 hours ago, caponine said:

nahh when your owner comes out and makes this statement. Idk if you can come back from that 

Exactly- AB should of said the GM and coach will make that decision and yeah he gone

caponine and HASHBROWN3 like this

On 2/14/2020 at 10:02 AM, D.B.N. said:

Freeman is good as gone. We whiffed on him, just like he whiffed on that pass block in the SB. 

sad but true!

23 hours ago, Vandy said:

I don’t know. Free is a change of pace guy at this point. Maybe 1000-1200 yds in right system. Considering he was a fourth round pick, we got good value, but he’s entering his seventh season, struggled with injuries since 2016 and he’s just losing burst. He’s still got a bit of shiftiness, but 1500 all purpose yards? I don’t see it

i think he’s in that jacquizz Rodgers State where he might break 1k yds total, useful for vet minimum, and more inclined towards receiving yards. 

Ovie_Lover likes this

20 hours ago, caponine said:

Yup, AB was just quoted making lengthy statements about the future of our team a few weeks ago. I specifically highlighted the portion of his comments about Beasley & suggested that it was not a very good endorsement for keeping him.  Soon thereafter we heard the team would move on from VB.

And now AB is showing little enthusiasm about the future of DF.  This shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone as it’s been marinating since his big payday.  As much as I appreciated DF & the value he once brought to the team,  that value has diminished since the SB.

Is anyone arguing that his performance has lived up to his contract?  He got paid on past performance & unfortunately has not been able to live up to that contract since signing it.  

VB gone, DF gone... it’s time to put up or shut up. Now we have to see what Keanu will be able to do.  I love him too.  But we must have healthy production to be successful.  What will happen to Hooper is the next big question.  He could end up being the sad casualty of our past stupidity.  But at least we have Brown & Carpenter :ninja:

caponine likes this