FalconsIn2012

Blank on Freeman: “I love him but salary cap is not unlimited”

104 posts in this topic

27 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

I don't even like Freeman but can we stop acting like his lack of production is because he just doesn't care? You're ignoring oline, injuries, and scheme. 

not that he doesnt care but with injuries, and the concussions that has happened. I think he his passion for football has decreased somewhat. Thats true for any player that keeps getting injured 

2 hours ago, D.B.N. said:

Freeman is good as gone. We whiffed on him, just like he whiffed on that pass block in the SB. 

The Falcons didn't whiff on him.

Freeman got injured, and hasn't been the same since. Before that he was a top NFL quality RB.

It sucks, but it happens.

Ovie_Lover, falconidae and ltstorm2 like this

3 hours ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

He should have said this when people asked him about Ryan, Julio and Grady.

3 hours ago, RubberDucky said:

Blank needs to write this response down in a notepad, carry it with him everywhere, and read it verbatim every time he's asked a question regarding a player.

I've never seen an owner sabotage his own franchise in contract negotiations so often.

1 hour ago, atljbo said:

ill be honest.....i feel like ppl over blowing the falcons for life thing..... Matt , Julio, and Grady would have gotten what they got regardless.... They didnt get one more dollar because of that statement,... That was their market.

Now i dont like that he said it because you just dont know if they will be falcons for life..... Again..Free play fell off a cliff and now we see whats up.

One of Mr.Blanks selling points is that he is more then just the "hard businessman" ... He treats you like family... The steak dinner pitch he closes free agents on..... So i really dont like these remarks either......

We know whats coming... Let it happen and we praise free for what he has done for the franchise once he is released

I think that when Arthur Blank said Falcon for life most likely a deal/agreement had already been made behind the scenes and they were just finishing it up.

atljbo and Vandy like this

44 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I think that when Arthur Blank said Falcon for life most likely a deal/agreement had already been made behind the scenes and they were just finishing it up.

Of course. Blank's not near the business idiot TAFT tries to portray he is.  

Falcons Fan MVP and falconidae like this

1 hour ago, ya_boi_j said:

Man. Shout out to @Cole World and @blkbigdog35 for always posting this guys tweets. He really gives you something to think about with each tweet. Probably the only person online that makes me see things from an alternate perspective 

The one thing he is not including  that is important is in actual money... you are saving $6 million if you release him

I know all we give a **** about is cap but if u are thinking about signing a DE that's gonna cost a lot (big signing bonus) .... You are not trying to waste 6 million if free is not gonna be that guy.... 

Also you are not resigning Brian hill to a restricted FA tender.. offer him the vet min if u want him back

Malachore likes this

2 hours ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

The Falcons didn't whiff on him.

Freeman got injured, and hasn't been the same since. Before that he was a top NFL quality RB.

It sucks, but it happens.

With all due respect, the "whiff" refers to the 2nd contract that he should have never received and has never lived up to...a major whiff, indeed

Malachore likes this

14 minutes ago, atljbo said:

The one thing he is not including  that is important is in actual money... you are saving $6 million if you release him

I know all we give a **** about is cap but if u are thinking about signing a DE that's gonna cost a lot (big signing bonus) .... You are not trying to waste 6 million if free is not gonna be that guy.... 

Also you are not resigning Brian hill to a restricted FA tender.. offer him the vet min if u want him back

That's only if it is a post 6/1 cut. As of right now post 6/1 cuts are irrelevant until the new terms of the CBA are agreed upon. Right now you don't truly save much this season letting him go which is the point he made

Pacific_Falcon likes this

1 hour ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Yeah man I follow dude and he is a trip.

Yeah I'd do whatever to stay away from the last ranked rushing offense and a dude who bullied his way into a contract who has lost his vision and the little speed he had. The better question is can you upgrade over Freeman and Hill and any GM worth anything should be able to do so.

caponine and Atl Falcon like this

6 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

That's only if it is a post 6/1 cut. As of right now post 6/1 cuts are irrelevant until the new terms of the CBA are agreed upon.

Who is talking about post June 1st ?

Just now, atljbo said:

Who is talking about post June 1st ?

From everything I've seen that's the only way you're saving 6 million this season if you let him go. the dead cap is 6 million with a savings of a little over 3 million

4 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

From everything I've seen that's the only way you're saving 6 million this season if you let him go. the dead cap is 6 million with a savings of a little over 3 million

Actual cash... his base salary 6.5 mil... I'm talking about the actual cash you are paying free this year..... not the salary cap... actual money that is due if you keep him.

If I'm going to pay a DE a big signing bonus (actual cash they get at signing) or Hoop.... If free is not my bellcow back... I'm not paying 6 5 million this year.

Wit the salary cap I was the first person on here preaching about its no June 1st carryover rule so I get that... in cap space we saving 3 5 mil.

I will say this tho.. I thought it was no way a CBA deal gets done before the season but it sound like  it's more likely it gets done but until then... we have to go by what we know as of now... no June 1st cuts

2 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

Man. Shout out to @Cole World and @blkbigdog35 for always posting this guys tweets. He really gives you something to think about with each tweet. Probably the only person online that makes me see things from an alternate perspective 

If we tender Hill @ 2.5 mil I'm going to be pissed.

Malachore and atljbo like this

1 minute ago, atljbo said:

Actual cash... his base salary 6.5 mil... I'm talking about the actual cash you are paying free this year..... not the salary cap... actual money that is due if you keep him.

If I'm going to pay a DE a big signing bonus (actual cash they get at signing) or Hoop.... If free is not my bellcow back... I'm not paying 6 5 million this year.

Wit the salary cap I was the first person on here preaching about its no June 1st carryover rule so I get that... in cap space we saving 3 5 mil.

I will say this tho.. I thought it was no way a CBA deal gets done before the season but it sound like  it's more likely it gets done but until then... we have to go by what we know as of now... no June 1st cuts

I was under the impression that salary cap outweighed everything else. If not then :shrug:

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

Of course. Blank's not near the business idiot TAFT tries to portray he is.  

The problem is it reeks of playing favorites.  By saying players A-F are Falcons for Life, it leaves players like Hooper wondering WTF.  And we know the term Falcons For Life is crap.  Outside of Ryan and possibly Julio, none of those guys play their entire careers in ATL.  At least I hope not.  

6 hours ago, RubberDucky said:

Blank needs to write this response down in a notepad, carry it with him everywhere, and read it verbatim every time he's asked a question regarding a player.

I've never seen an owner sabotage his own franchise in contract negotiations so often.

You’d think AB is smarter than that but that’s been his history. Let the fb ppl decide