Dub or sub

lostone

7 hours ago, AF89 said:

Sword Art Abridged is the greatest anime of all time and it's not even close

Welp, I’ve found something to watch.

btw, Gintama will jump from hilarious to series and back in a heartbeat.  

this is just a funny compilation, but I liked the show a lot

1 hour ago, lostone said:

Welp, I’ve found something to watch.

btw, Gintama will jump from hilarious to series and back in a heartbeat.  

this is just a funny compilation, but I liked the show a lot

I looked at and the nearly 400 episode count felt a little daunting. Ended up going with Attack on Titan this week which I think is a little more in the 70ish episodes range (and still going so if I like it I have new ones to look forward too)

Just now, AF89 said:

I looked at and the 400+ episode count felt a little daunting. Ended up going with Attack on Titan this week which I think is a little more in the 70ish episodes range

Yeah I understand.  At least I didn’t say One Piece.  That one is close to 1k episodes.  I’m somewhere in the 200s.  Now that is daunting.  Gintama will be more on the fun side though.

1 minute ago, lostone said:

Yeah I understand.  At least I didn’t say One Piece.  That one is close to 1k episodes.  I’m somewhere in the 200s.  Now that is daunting.  Gintama will be more on the fun side though.

I was just thinking imagine someone trying to watch Nauroto and all its spin offs today...or **** even DBZ (although I think Kai is streamlined version of some sort?)

1 minute ago, AF89 said:

I was just thinking imagine someone trying to watch Nauroto and all its spin offs today...or **** even DBZ (although I think Kai is streamlined version of some sort?)

It’s not as “long” as a dbz or a naruto.  More stand alone eps then you get a 10 episode or 20 episode put in here and there.  But it’s always funny then serious then hilarious again.  

Depends. I can't stand the Japanese voice overs for anything Dragon Ball, especially for Goku. 

Gundam Wing: dub

Outlaw Star: better dubbed

Cowboy Bebop: better dubbed

Yu Yu Hakusho: don't mind in dub

Akame Ga Kill: would probably prefer subbed, but dub wasn't bad

Naruto: sub all the way

Bleach: sub all the way

(This weeks qurantine binge)I really enjoyed Re:Zero it was weird as sh*t and really subverted it's (very) tropey exterior 

I've really just been throwing things at a dartboard and seen if I could get past an episode

15 hours ago, AF89 said:

(This weeks qurantine binge)I really enjoyed Re:Zero it was weird as sh*t and really subverted it's (very) tropey exterior 

I've really just been throwing things at a dartboard and seen if I could get past an episode

Re:Zero goes crazy dark.  They are doing a new season soon.

1 hour ago, lostone said:

Re:Zero goes crazy dark.  They are doing a new season soon.

Yeah I really enjoyed it surprisingly enough even tho it leaned into a lot of the stuff I personally don't "get" about anime. Will definitely be checking out season 2. Possibly even enough to watch the sub if English is taking too long.

Just going by what seems to be most popular lists, is My Hero Academia or Mob Physcho any good? (mob physcho's pilot looked like it might be a promising dark/weird comedy)

Also might try Demon Slayer if I can find a dub

20 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Yeah I really enjoyed it surprisingly enough even tho it leaned into a lot of the stuff I personally don't "get" about anime. Will definitely be checking out season 2. Possibly even enough to watch the sub if English is taking too long.

Just going by what seems to be most popular lists, is My Hero Academia or Mob Physcho any good? (mob physcho's pilot looked like it might be a promising dark/weird comedy)

Also might try Demon Slayer if I can find a dub

There are deeper meanings to mob psycho that you will enjoy.  The premise is great.  You are all powerful, but you want to be ordinary.  Its why I like anime.  They will do stuff like that from time to time.  Deeper meaning in content is what I look for.  It’s why I like Rick and Morty so much

Just now, GEORGIAfan said:

How far did you get? It has slow parts, but the action is some of the best. And the story just keeps getting better. 

Literally finishing the 1st season as I type this. I really like the show just maybe that first battle didn't need to be 10 episodes lol.

19 minutes ago, AF89 said:

Literally finishing the 1st season as I type this. I really like the show just maybe that first battle didn't need to be 10 episodes lol.

Yea I felt like season 1 and 2 in the middle had some slow parts I had to power through, but it was worth it both times. 

I'd recommend all three you asked about earlier. However, My Hero and Demon Slayer are more standard Shounen anime like a Naruto or Dragon Ball Z. Of the two I would recommend My Hero, but that is because I the premise of a world where 80% of people are mutants and have created Heroism as a profession. Also, even smaller characters get a lot of development. 

And if you need a site:ninja:. Let me know. 

17 minutes ago, GEORGIAfan said:

Yea I felt like season 1 and 2 in the middle had some slow parts I had to power through, but it was worth it both times. 

I'd recommend all three you asked about earlier. However, My Hero and Demon Slayer are more standard Shounen anime like a Naruto or Dragon Ball Z. Of the two I would recommend My Hero, but that is because I the premise of a world where 80% of people are mutants and have created Heroism as a profession. Also, even smaller characters get a lot of development. 

And if you need a site:ninja:. Let me know. 

Attack on titan is a rollercoaster ride.  Feels like it’s going to be like GRRM waiting on this stuff though.

• 3 weeks later...

This week it's Saga of Tanya the Evil which is some weird WW1 quidditch fighting (also tiny fascist girls because ...Japan) but I kinda dig it 

Tried to watch Beserk but I dunno was just too janky a animation to get into

2 hours ago, AF89 said:

This week it's Saga of Tanya the Evil which is some weird WW1 quidditch fighting (also tiny fascist girls because ...Japan) but I kinda dig it 

Tried to watch Beserk but I dunno was just too janky a animation to get into

Saga of Tanya is a fun one.

• 3 weeks later...

Bout exhausted all the grimdark fantasy I could find but I did check out some comedy and I blew thru Konosuba aka anime It's always sunny. Not as gut bustingly funny but I usually had a smile while watching it.