• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought Tenjo Tenge theme song was saying "Panty time" when I watched a few episodes like 10+ years ago.....Didnt get far into it although I did like the op   I feel like Tsubasa has to be

It was pretty much ass after the Dark Tournament arc.

I swear If nothing else literally any of the Attack on Titan opening themes Ive heard so far should replace the national anthem

On 7/30/2020 at 8:07 AM, lostone said:

also goblin slayer had a new episode as well.

They padded like a third of it as recap (which is probably why it went straight to crunchyroll). The rest is pretty solid tho.

In case anyone was wondering Hbo Max doesn't have a great anime library yet even tho there is a whole dedicated Crunchyroll section. (It does have FMAB, Konosuba, ReZero, DeathNote HunterXHunter, Erased, Kill la Kill a few others)

There is however a ton of Studio Ghibli stuff I've never seen

4 hours ago, lostone said:

I caught up with SAO I may check out vinland saga as well

Ahhh... SAO, kind of my 1st anime for this 3rd anime phase of my life (watching 90s Anime as a kid, Bleach in Highschool, and when I started watching a little Alicization and Gundam Origin last year and it was the first series I went thru during quarantine)

Overall I like it cause I'm a simp for magic and swords and it's good episodes are pretty good but the more I find out about Reki Kawahara the more it seems like he's a fanfic writer who got lucky :lol:

btw SAO Abridged is still like my favorite thing on the Internet and as far as I'm concerned its the official dub. They even wrote a better motivation for the villain than the original "yeah....I don't remember"

I follow them sometimes on Twitch in the background while I work. 

Man SAO is like a serial abuser of Sandersons 1st Law of Magic which has nothing to do with anime but it is great guideline for all hard magic fantasy systems (as well as sci fi "magic") which Sword Art Online definitely qualifies.

"An author's ability to solve conflict with magic is DIRECTLY PROPORTIONAL to how well the reader understands said magic." 

My Hero Academia actually does all three laws like really really well imo, but that's a different discussion (I could write a whole paper on this I wish their was a class or something for it)

It's pretty neat to watch tho (which is covered in law zero) Finally Kirito bout to wake his stupid *** up.

4 hours ago, AF89 said:

Re:Zero is getting good again. It's honestly better when their backtracking after a death run. 

Buddy needs to just start carrying poison in his pocket so he doesn't have to keep dying horribly

This show is pretty amazing with how it goes from light to dark effortlessly... oh that was a heartwarming moment!  Then Subaru turns around an everyone is murdered 

10 hours ago, lostone said:

This show is pretty amazing with how it goes from light to dark effortlessly... oh that was a heartwarming moment!  Then Subaru turns around an everyone is murdered 

Elsa really just needs to let it go

I'll show myself out

Randomly watched the 1st episode Legend of the Galatic Heroes, I've never heard of it but it was buried on the Funimation list, the synopsis seemed interesting and holy batman am I getting like the best parts of Gundam (no not the mechs but space politics) and Dune mashed together vibes. Gonna cruise through this one for sure.

Also on my upcoming list: (sometime in the next year cause I'm getting soccer, NBA playoffs and maaaybe professional football back and wont be traveling for college football or visit classmates this year so I kinda want to up my work hours)

Megolobox

Code Geass (yeah or nay?)

Steins Gate (same question)

Samurai Champloo (cause I never saw all of it in the 00s but I member it being solid)

6 hours ago, AF89 said:

Randomly watched the 1st episode Legend of the Galatic Heroes, I've never heard of it but it was buried on the Funimation list, the synopsis seemed interesting and holy batman am I getting like the best parts of Gundam (no not the mechs but space politics) and Dune mashed together vibes. Gonna cruise through this one for sure.

Also on my upcoming list: (sometime in the next year cause I'm getting soccer, NBA playoffs and maaaybe professional football back and wont be traveling for college football or visit classmates this year so I kinda want to up my work hours)

Megolobox

Code Geass (yeah or nay?)

Steins Gate (same question)

Samurai Champloo (cause I never saw all of it in the 00s but I member it being solid)

Code geass omg yes

didnt get into steins gate

samurai champloo is a joy

On 8/15/2020 at 12:24 PM, AF89 said:

Anime Heaven is still up if you don't mind getting your Chinese cartoons from Putin (and softcore hentai game ads in the banner) 

You cannot haven't any other way. That is the mis en scene. I have netflix and hulu and would still use kiss. The same anime would be in my hulu recommended. 

I am probably gonna use 4anime. it supposedly doesn't have ads and runs on donations. 

4 minutes ago, lostone said:

Think a little less SAO.  The main char isn’t OP like in SAO.  More on the brainy strategic side from what I remember 

So would you recommend it? SAO but not written by a gary sue, fan service obsessed fan fic writer sounds pretty good actually

(I mean like I said I actually enjoy SAO at the end of the day but it's not winning any writing awards)