FalconsIn2012

Ryan vs Brady - Contracts

140 posts in this topic

Just now, AUTiger7222 said:

You don't seem to understand how business works. Matt Ryan can't just "demand" the Falcons get a better defense. That's not reality.

I understand that we seem to continue losing.. Do you understand how a successful business and franchise works? 

Just now, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

You obviously dont see or understand whats actually going on with this team so what does it matter to you.. You're going to be a fan boy win or lose.. And obviously you're happy with alot of losing.. I on the other hand want to win, especially if we have a elite hof qb and the best receiver to play in the NFL.. 

What do you want to see from this team? Id really like to know 

I'm a fan boy? Jesus H Christ dude!! That couldn't be farther from the truth. I've done explained that I'm not happy with the current state of the Falcons but that doesn't cause me to say stupid ****. The Tennessee Titans are built how I wish the Falcons are built. But that has absolutely nothing to do with Matt Ryan. That's the difference between you and me. My thoughts and opinions are based in reality that Matt Ryan is only an employee and has very little control over anything else that happens and he can't "demand" anything. Businesses don't operate that way. the CEO of the company doesn't go to an employee and let them dictate what decisions he makes.

3 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I understand that we seem to continue losing.. Do you understand how a successful business and franchise works? 

Successful franchises hire good front office personnel to hire good coaches who then go out and get good players. You're the one who doesn't understand how successful businesses and franchises work by thinking a common employee is responsible for anything other than just his or her job.

1 minute ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Successful franchises hire good front office personnel to hire good coaches who then go out and get good players. You're the one who doesn't understand how successful businesses and franchises work by thinking a common employee is responsible for anything other than just his or her job.

Ok Boomer, ill be right here when we go 8-8 this season and its the same ol song and dance 

2 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Ok Boomer, ill be right here when we go 8-8 this season and its the same ol song and dance 

Ok Boomer, I'll be right here when you're somehow trying to wrongly lay all the blame at Matt Ryan's feet.

3 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

You missing the point. As long as ryan gets his stats, everything is fine... This ain't about rings. Some folks having a fit about Blank mandating playoffs...:(

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

On 2/14/2020 at 8:20 AM, Osiruz said:

Brady took a big pay cut for years so they can go on a championship run, Matt ryan isnt willing to do that. In 2013 he signed a 5 year $57 million contract which is about $11.4 million per season while Matt Ryan signed a 5 year $103 million contract in the same year earning $20.6M per season. 

In fairness to Matt and his agent

1. Who wouldn't have signed that contract?

2. He has been willing to restructure to help out the teams cap situation.

12 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Diggs makes 10 mil a year. Thielen makes 16. They spend more on receivers than we do. Next attempt??

I notice someone skipped right over this. Not shocked in the least.

6 hours ago, Run 'n' Shoot said:

In fairness to Matt and his agent

1. Who wouldn't have signed that contract?

2. He has been willing to restructure to help out the teams cap situation.

Restructuring is not taking a pay cut, all Qbs restructure because they get more money converted into a bonus and the can is kicked down the road. 

10 hours ago, Spts1 said:

You missing the point. As long as ryan gets his stats, everything is fine... This ain't about rings. Some folks having a fit about Blank mandating playoffs...:(

This is so untrue but whatever!

Geneaut likes this

9 hours ago, Osiruz said:

Restructuring is not taking a pay cut, all Qbs restructure because they get more money converted into a bonus and the can is kicked down the road. 

I didn't say he gave up money. If you are owed money today it's not easy to agree to take it next year.

A lot of speculated reasons why Brady has been underpaid.  Why can't it be simply that he is humble and wants to win championships?  He WAS a very low draft pick.  This is why I feel he has been looking out for his teammates by taking less money.  Maybe he just wants to win and is humble about being given the opportunity.  

This is not a hot take because Brady's agent is VERY pro for paying college athletes.  You know Brady has to feel the same...

Brady and his agent...

Image result for tom brady and his agent

Edited by Spts1

I like how the entire argument for Ryan taking less is based on Brady because no other QB does it.

No other QB is in Bradys position. 

Also those clamoring for Ryan to take less, there is a thing called the NFLPA (Players association) that wont allow for players to sign well below market value. Thats why when you see players take "a hometown discount" its only for a couple mil less. If a player takes a 50% pay cut, what happens to the players behind him that need to sign these contracts? Contracts arent just on the individual player. 

I may have worded this wrong but you get it....

Edited by DirtyBird2