FalconsIn2012

Ryan vs Brady - Contracts

140 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Spts1 said:

Ryan, Stafford and Bradford is the reason WHY even the players union sided with the owners, stopped that and put in a rookie payscale...

Not so much Ryan and Stafford as Jamarcus Russel, Bradford, and Kellen Winslow.

Vets didn't like rookies coming in as the highest paid player at the position in NFL history.  It didn't happen with the QBs but it did at every other position like WR, TE, etc.

1 hour ago, Spts1 said:

Since Ryan has been in the league, TEN different teams have won a Superbowl.  Thats not including the multiple chips won by the Patriots...

It's a shame Ryan was robbed of his. Mahomes played bad in the Super Bowl but still got it. Ryan played exceptionally well and didn't. Team sport.

5 hours ago, nomak said:

So tired of these haters failing to prove that Ryan's contract is the reason we have a crap defense.  I remember Ryan gave the defense a huge lead going into the 4th quarter of the SB only to watch the defense crap it all away. 

How are you going to keep a lead in the superbowl with a flea market defense because Ryan sucked up all the cap cash

22 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Exactly, and our fans wonder why we cant afford a decent defense 

The Falcons Defense isn't lacking because of available cap space; the Falcons defense is lacking because the GM has yet to assemble a good defense, and the HC hasn't been up to the task either. New Orleans has paid Brees well, and they've got a good defense. The Vikings pay Cousins well, and they've got a good defense. The Rams, Ravens (with Flacco), Steelers, Seahawks, and 49ners all had or have an expensive QB at the helm and field good to great defenses. Why, because they have a GM who knows how to put a defense together, and have coaches that know how to use the talent given to them.

No, the Falcons cap issues are from guys that are no longer good (or good to begin with) but are a drain on the funds, like Freeman, Trufant, Beasley, Bosher, and Brown. You could get rid of the guys I mention and not miss them. Get rid of Ryan, and the Falcons are done.

2 hours ago, 4dabirds said:

The Falcons Defense isn't lacking because of available cap space; the Falcons defense is lacking because the GM has yet to assemble a good defense, and the HC hasn't been up to the task either. New Orleans has paid Brees well, and they've got a good defense. The Vikings pay Cousins well, and they've got a good defense. The Rams, Ravens (with Flacco), Steelers, Seahawks, and 49ners all had or have an expensive QB at the helm and field good to great defenses. Why, because they have a GM who knows how to put a defense together, and have coaches that know how to use the talent given to them.

No, the Falcons cap issues are from guys that are no longer good (or good to begin with) but are a drain on the funds, like Freeman, Trufant, Beasley, Bosher, and Brown. You could get rid of the guys I mention and not miss them. Get rid of Ryan, and the Falcons are done.

Just seems odd.. Since Ryan has been here all i hear is we haven't had a good defense.. At some point we have to ask the question why?? Imo its that simple yet seems too complicated to answer 

46 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Just seems odd.. Since Ryan has been here all i hear is we haven't had a good defense.. At some point we have to ask the question why?? Imo its that simple yet seems too complicated to answer 

The Atlanta Falcons haven't had a good defense since Jerry Glanville was DC in the 1970s. But somehow it's only because of Matt Ryan? GTFO with this ********.

3 hours ago, DirtyBirdKHAOS said:

Dumb takes for $500 Alex

You do realize we have to be able to afford a decent defense to win ganes right? It would be nice for you if the rules in the NFL was first team to 30..but its just not like that 

On 2/14/2020 at 0:45 AM, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

So done with some of these homer fans that keep the blinders on.. Ride Ryans coattail till the end.. Hes only fooling all of yall

On 2/14/2020 at 7:44 AM, athell said:

Lots of folks missing the entire point of this thread lol

One in particular.....but what else is new?

13 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Just seems odd.. Since Ryan has been here all i hear is we haven't had a good defense.. At some point we have to ask the question why?? Imo its that simple yet seems too complicated to answer 

When did Matt become responsible for drafting/coaching the defense?

Even though I like you Slummy.....

But, Speaking of odd....

AUTiger7222 likes this

On 2/14/2020 at 8:29 AM, DirtyBirdKHAOS said:

I love how yall think Ryan is intentionally going to keep asking for big money contracts to hurt the team which he hasent. Yall got nothing better to do is bring up how much the man is making. HE JUST RESTRUCTURED AGAIN to help the team

Fify

AUTiger7222 likes this

3 hours ago, Vandy said:

When did Matt become responsible for drafting/coaching the defense?

Even though I like you Slummy.....

But, Speaking of odd....

You know im a defense first guy.. I love the Falcons and I actually like Matt Ryan.. I just don't see a path to success with the way the team is built now and the coaching staff.. I just see no way we can be competitive atm and it frustrates me.. 

Imo, until the fan base starts demanding a good defense to Blank and the organization nothing will change.. Ryan will continue collecting his checks and we'll be a irrelevant team in the NFL.. I absolutely dont blame Ryan for the organizations mistakes.. But seems like year after year nothing changes.. I cant think of a more ignored franchise by the media as the Falcons are.. Even the Browns are getting more attention, mostly bad but its attention.. The Falcons are never even brought up on any media topics.. Our players just draw checks because they know more than the fans its just a dog and pony show for now.. Just frustrated man

FalconsIn2012 and Vandy like this

7 hours ago, DirtyBirdKHAOS said:

Dumb takes for $500 Alex

" NFL hall of fame quarterbacks who have never won a Superbowl for $500 please..."

Image result for black jeopardy gif

"  They compare my throwing arm to pasta..."

" What is Matt Ryan?"

Image result for jeopardy gif

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

20 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I answered that question for you. Ryan has nothing to do with the defense. If other teams can pay a franchise QB market value and still have a defense that is instrumental in their success, then why can't the Falcons do it? Thomas Dimitroff has been here as long as Ryan and has yet to field a complete defense; there's your answer. It really isn't complicated at all.

50 minutes ago, 4dabirds said:

I answered that question for you. Ryan has nothing to do with the defense. If other teams can pay a franchise QB market value and still have a defense that is instrumental in their success, then why can't the Falcons do it? Thomas Dimitroff has been here as long as Ryan and has yet to field a complete defense; there's your answer. It really isn't complicated at all.

But if you look at it, your answer is the same thing ive been preaching since 2016

You just happen to want to take Ryan out of the equation 

Edited by ⚡Slumerican⚡

5 hours ago, wuskillzz said:

As already mentioned, Brady was paid very little his first two contracts due to his draft position and the market value of qbs in 2002.  

Also, the Patriots have found ways to pay Brady that do not impact the salary cap:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-patriots-pay-a-brady-owned-company-run-by-suspect-partner/

Regardless.  Brady had 3 SB’s and 60 million before Ryan entered the league.  Since 2008, Ryan has earned 40 million more than Brady

At Manning’s retirement he had earned 245 million while Brady had earned 168 million.  That’s ridiculous

16 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

You know im a defense first guy.. I love the Falcons and I actually like Matt Ryan.. I just don't see a path to success with the way the team is built now and the coaching staff.. I just see no way we can be competitive atm and it frustrates me.. 

Imo, until the fan base starts demanding a good defense to Blank and the organization nothing will change.. Ryan will continue collecting his checks and we'll be a irrelevant team in the NFL.. I absolutely dont blame Ryan for the organizations mistakes.. But seems like year after year nothing changes.. I cant think of a more ignored franchise by the media as the Falcons are.. Even the Browns are getting more attention, mostly bad but its attention.. The Falcons are never even brought up on any media topics.. Our players just draw checks because they know more than the fans its just a dog and pony show for now.. Just frustrated man

I got you bro. 

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

On 2/14/2020 at 9:13 AM, Geneaut said:

You can't deny Brady has been paid under the table. The Patriots literally contract his TB12 Sports nutrition company to treat/service NE players. The NFL claims it is legit but it's dirty as **** in my opinion.

Beat me to it. Brady makes millions off his name alone. Not to mention his business ventures backed by his organization, like TB12. Lets not forget that his wife is loaded too. People want to act like it is a one for one comparison, it isn't. There is no one in the game right now with the name recognition of Brady.

Geneaut and Ovie_Lover like this

On 2/13/2020 at 11:51 PM, THEHEADCOACH said:

Kraft has been paying him under the table forever.  I bet he has made alot more than that. I guarantee you, Brady has pocketed four times that.

I think thats kinda as a ryan fan how we want to feel! all those super bowls brady has but less money its does hurt

Vandy likes this

On 2/14/2020 at 0:51 AM, THEHEADCOACH said:

Kraft has been paying him under the table forever.  I bet he has made alot more than that. I guarantee you, Brady has pocketed four times that.

Brady has shunned endorsement deals since starting TB12.  This has cost him money, not made him money...and certainly not 4 times his salary.

19 hours ago, Spts1 said:

" NFL hall of fame quarterbacks who have never won a Superbowl for $500 please..."

"  They compare my throwing arm to pasta..."

" What is Matt Ryan?"

Image result for jeopardy gif

So are SB wins a QB stat?

AUTiger7222 likes this

13 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Regardless.  Brady had 3 SB’s and 60 million before Ryan entered the league.  Since 2008, Ryan has earned 40 million more than Brady

At Manning’s retirement he had earned 245 million while Brady had earned 168 million.  That’s ridiculous

Rookie contract makes a difference and like many have said TB12.

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Brady has shunned endorsement deals since starting TB12.  This has cost him money, not made him money...and certainly not 4 times his salary.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/footwearnews.com/2019/focus/athletic-outdoor/tom-brady-sam-adams-beer-under-armour-endorsements-1202738117/amp/

No he hasn't. He was in a **** SB commercial. He is in commercials in boston. 

On 2/15/2020 at 4:34 PM, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

How are you going to keep a lead in the superbowl with a flea market defense because Ryan sucked up all the cap cash

Easy better coaching and decision making from the sidelines.

Even in 2017 the Falcons should have gone back to at least the NFCCG but as above the mentioned managed to screw that like they did the previous year.

Same core talent and the downturn is upon us the question has never been about money it’s these bone heads in charge of the day to day of this team that have killed us.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this