FalconsIn2012

Ryan vs Brady - Contracts

140 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

He owns TB12, the team pays TB12 to rehab players and more. While other rehab centers pay teams the right to rehab their players. 

He's getting paid under the table. 

I don’t think rehabbing 10-12 players really adds up to some huge financial windfall.  They charge $200/hour and Belichick frowns on players using Guerrero.  This is hardly a ringing endorsement:

 

“The New England Patriots are about to play in their third consecutive Super Bowl, but they feel that tight end Rob Gronkowski's struggles this season might be caused by his use of the TB12 Method, according to NFL Network's Michael Giardi.

Giardi reports that the Patriots feel Gronkowski's injuries to his ankle, Achilles and back are due to his preference to use the TB12 Method over the team's workout program.

"Internally the Patriots feel like Gronkowski brought some of this on himself," Giardi said. "During the offseason when he reported, he came in not as strong, not as fast and not as explosive ...The Patriots feel as though if maybe he had done it their way, as opposed to the TB12 way, of which Gronk is devoted to, maybe things would have been different."

Osiruz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

Kraft has been paying him under the table forever.  I bet he has made alot more than that. I guarantee you, Brady has pocketed four times that.

This wouldn't shock me at all!

THEHEADCOACH likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I don’t think rehabbing 10-12 players really adds up to some huge financial windfall.  They charge $200/hour and Belichick frowns on players using Guerrero.  This is hardly a ringing endorsement:

 

“The New England Patriots are about to play in their third consecutive Super Bowl, but they feel that tight end Rob Gronkowski's struggles this season might be caused by his use of the TB12 Method, according to NFL Network's Michael Giardi.

Giardi reports that the Patriots feel Gronkowski's injuries to his ankle, Achilles and back are due to his preference to use the TB12 Method over the team's workout program.

"Internally the Patriots feel like Gronkowski brought some of this on himself," Giardi said. "During the offseason when he reported, he came in not as strong, not as fast and not as explosive ...The Patriots feel as though if maybe he had done it their way, as opposed to the TB12 way, of which Gronk is devoted to, maybe things would have been different."

They dont only use rehab. They have them using everything TB12 has to offer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

They dont only use rehab. They have them using everything TB12 has to offer.

They want players following the team physician/nutritionist advise, not the TB12 method

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

They want players following the team physician/nutritionist advise, not the TB12 method

They. Still. Pay. TB12.

How do you not understand that?

Geneaut likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Spts1 said:

I wonder who got the best deal from that money spent, the Patriots or the Falcons?

 

Image result for tom brady rings

31 teams didn't get a better deal than the Patriots. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

They dont only use rehab. They have them using everything TB12 has to offer.

As a hypothetical:

Lets say the Ryan & Jones (Julio) families opened a daycare business.  Over several years they created a business philosophy that has been incredibly successful. 
 

They decide to pitch an idea to Blank: daycare for the families of players and employees on site at FB.  This allows the organization to focus on winning gams while keeping the family together.  They charge $75/hour which Blank covers.  You think that’s illegal payments under the CBA?

It isn’t since the service is legitimate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me reiterate this, Brady's wife has a net worth of 400 million all by herself, she is worth more than Brady AND Ryan almost combined. That makes it easier to take a pay cut for Brady

Gisele Bündchen · Net worth

$400 million USD
  • (2018)
Atlantafan21 and Geneaut like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

As a hypothetical:

Lets say the Ryan & Jones (Julio) families opened a daycare business.  Over several years they created a business philosophy that has been incredibly successful. 
 

They decide to pitch an idea to Blank: daycare for the families of players and employees on site at FB.  This allows the organization to focus on winning gams while keeping the family together.  They charge $75/hour which Blank covers.  You think that’s illegal payments under the CBA?

It isn’t since the service is legitimate

Any pay outside of the salary cap is illegal. Legit business or not. And stop hanging on to the per hour. THEY DO MORE THAN THAT. How do you not understand that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Any pay outside of the salary cap is illegal. Legit business or not. And stop hanging on to the per hour. THEY DO MORE THAN THAT. How do you not understand that?

In a statement to the Globe, the NFL said, "We are aware of the arrangement and have not determined that there is any violation of the CBA."

* * *

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

In a statement to the Globe, the NFL said, "We are aware of the arrangement and have not determined that there is any violation of the CBA."

* * *

Nah **** dude. The NFL is about money. If they punish the Pat's and make them actually pay Brady then that hurts the dynasty, everyone tunes into the SB/playoffs hoping the Pats lose.

Mahomes is the leagues next face why do you think he got MVP after a mediocre game?

The Pat's have been punished before but it never threatened the dynasty like this would.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Dak already refused 33 mill APY.  Said he wants to get more than RW

 

Yep, if Jerry folds then Dak will become the highest player in the NFL. That may also mean bye bye Amari Cooper.

 

Dak is gonna have to prove that he can win meaningful games without Zeke running all over the place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

This thread doesn’t matter, because according to the people around here the game has passed by guys like Brady and Ryan alike. We need a ‘scrambling’ QB

True. People on here bash a future hall of famer all the time simply because he isn't the type of QB they want. There isn't enough franchise QB's as it is. There definitely isn't enough scrambling franchise QB's to go around. 

1989Fan likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

True. People on here bash a future hall of famer all the time simply because he isn't the type of QB they want. There isn't enough franchise QB's as it is. There definitely isn't enough scrambling franchise QB's to go around. 

I often wonder if Chandler had won that SB, and we somehow never draft Vick, would the love be the same around here for scrambling QBs. I mean they been around forever, but they are hyped to no end nowadays.

Falcons_Frenzy and DirtyBird2 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am just a bit disappointed that Ryan always maxed out his contracts even though he benefitted from being drafted when rookies could still get absurd contracts. 

mfaulk57158 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, A Pimp Named Slickback™ said:

I often wonder if Chandler had won that SB, and we somehow never draft Vick, would the love be the same around here for scrambling QBs. I mean they been around forever, but they are hyped to no end nowadays.

I loved me some Michael Vick. He's the reason I became a Falcons fan. For me, I don't care about the skill set. All I care about is can the player play well or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

I loved me some Michael Vick. He's the reason I became a Falcons fan. For me, I don't care about the skill set. All I care about is can the player play well or not. 

Same here. Just win games, I don't care the method

Falcons_Frenzy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Falcons_Frenzy said:

31 teams didn't get a better deal than the Patriots. 

Since Ryan has been in the league, TEN different teams have won a Superbowl.  Thats not including the multiple chips won by the Patriots...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RHEC said:

Our fanbase didn't want Ryan from day one and the "we want vick" proved it. 

There was a segment of the fanbase that never liked Vick but didn't really vocalize it until the end, and there were those who still like Vick regardless because he was the most dynamic player to ever play for the Falcons, and thats including Deion Sanders...

 

Image result for vick eagles and falcons fans

 

Image result for vick eagles and falcons fans

 

Image result for vick eagles and falcons fans

Edited by Spts1
Osiruz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hold up............. Wait.  I just glanced at the first post and looked at the numbers.  I didn't pay attention to the fact that Ryan has gotten the same amount of money in HALF the number of years that Brady has played.  Thats ridiculous.  The Falcons should be ashamed of themselves.  Even Ryan homers are low key about this...:ninja:

Edited by Spts1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

So done with some of these homer fans that keep the blinders on.. Ride Ryans coattail till the end.. Hes only fooling all of yall

So tired of these haters failing to prove that Ryan's contract is the reason we have a crap defense.  I remember Ryan gave the defense a huge lead going into the 4th quarter of the SB only to watch the defense crap it all away. 

Realsurfin likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now