FalconsIn2012

Ryan vs Brady - Contracts

140 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, THEHEADCOACH said:

Kraft has been paying him under the table forever.  I bet he has made alot more than that. I guarantee you, Brady has pocketed four times that.

Did rings come with that?

Image result for tom brady rings gif

Charles Wright likes this

7 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Go look up Matt Stanford.

11 seasons 211 million.  Next year it will be $219 million.

I guess people forget the time when rookie contracts were getting out of control. Like how Kellen Winslow became the highest paid TE in NFL history before he ever played a snap.

Ryan, Stafford, and Bradford were the last QBs to benefit from this and came in with monster rookie deals.

Cant fault them for being smart and hiring great agents.

Ryan, Stafford and Bradford is the reason WHY even the players union sided with the owners, stopped that and put in a rookie payscale...

Edited by Spts1

16 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

You can't deny Brady has been paid under the table. The Patriots literally contract his TB12 Sports nutrition company to treat/service NE players. The NFL claims it is legit but it's dirty as **** in my opinion.

Yeah, it's not under the table at all, it's right out in the open.  I don't know how this can possibly be considered, "legit."  At the very least, it should be a conflict of interests considering the salary cap.  How much money do the Patriots pay the TB12 organization?

1 hour ago, isproab said:

Been saying this for years.  If Ryan plays through this contract, he is the highest earning QB in NFL history.  Well over 300 million.  He is a good QB, but in my book I can't say he deserves to be the #1 paid player, not just QB in NFL history.  I understand the economics, that'a my argument for the fact that I believe the economics are messed up.

If Ryan is worth 300 million, Patrick Mahomes is worth...:lol:

//images.footballfanatics.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=/productimages/_3809000/ff_3809985-b4ade3532ba28040ec4b_full.jpg&w=325

Brady also probably makes quite a bit more than just his NFL salary.

Pretty sure he's making much more when you add in endorsements and his outside businesses.

1 minute ago, Spts1 said:

//images.footballfanatics.com/FFImage/thumb.aspx?i=/productimages/_3809000/ff_3809985-b4ade3532ba28040ec4b_full.jpg&w=325

Dak will be one of the top 2 or 3 highest paid QBs in the NFL soon.

If Jerruh folds, then he'll be number 1 highest paid.

3 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Dak will be one of the top 2 or 3 highest paid QBs in the NFL soon.

If Jerruh folds, then he'll be number 1 highest paid.

Dak can kick rocks. If Jerruh folds the cowboys don't deserve to win a championship...

2 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

My point exactly.  It just doesn't seem like a good business model.  I know the NFL has no problem pulling in cash, but how long will this last?  On one hand,  its the market is set, if you are a starting QB, you have to get higher than what the last starter got a year or two ago.  It really doesn't take into account "Resume" other than starting NFL QB.  A young guy like Mahomes wins the MVP award, wins a super bowl title and has thrown for 5000+ yards all within his first 3 years.  Sounds like he is putting up numbers and getting end results.  Should be in line to be the highest paid QB when his current deal runs out or is close to over.  However, we know the next guy after him will get just as much if not even more EVEN if he doesn't have the same type of resume.

Just now, Spts1 said:

Dak can kick rocks. If Jerruh folds the cowboys don't deserve to win a championship...

Dak really has all the leverage despite what the media says.

Unless the Cowboys somehow land a good QB prospect in the draft (even that is a big gamble), no other QB option outside of that may be any better than Dak.

...........Brady isn't coming to Dallas.

8 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Dak really has all the leverage despite what the media says.

Unless the Cowboys somehow land a good QB prospect in the draft (even that is a big gamble), no other QB option outside of that may be any better than Dak.

...........Brady isn't coming to Dallas.

It appears he has but Jerry could dig in and build that offense around a running game like he did a few years back.  Zeke and that offensive line is what makes the cowboys go.  Dak just benefits from it.  If I was Jerry, I would go after Andy Dalton and tell Dak to kick rocks...

3 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Dak already refused 33 mill APY.  Said he wants to get more than RW

As the world turns. It's like hollywood, total fantasyland. It used to be about results a lot more or seemed so. Now just ????????

Spts1 likes this

As others have said, it is skewed heavily by Brady’s rookie deal and first contract. Ryan was drafted when the top Rookie QB just got paid insane.

the lynch mob will still use this as ammo to spew their hate and sound stupid doing it. (Purposely ignoring the facts behind the numbers)

53 minutes ago, RHEC said:

The point of this thread shows some of our fanbase, doesn't want a franchise QB.

Some of us don't want Matt Ryan...:lol:

8 minutes ago, Charles Wright said:

As the world turns. It's like hollywood, total fantasyland. It used to be about results a lot more or seemed so. Now just ????????

Yes, MARKETING comes into this.  As with Dak, there is a segment of the Falcons fanbase that just WANT Ryan to be the quarterback, thus, they will buy the season tickets, etc.   Ownership gives them what they want.  At the end of the day its about money, not necessarily who can PLAY the best...

Edited by Spts1
Osiruz and Charles Wright like this

24 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

It appears he has but Jerry could dig in and build that offense around a running game like he did a few years back.  Zeke and that offensive line is what makes the cowboys go.  Dak just benefits from it.  If I was Jerry, I would go after Andy Dalton and tell Dak to kick rocks...

Now you know Jerry wouldn't consider that. Dak is better than Dalton.

Another reason why Dak will get the money wants is because he now has public appeal with the Campbell's Soup and other major endorsements and commercials. Jerry loves for his brand to be everywhere and cares way more about publicity than anything.

9 hours ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

Brady entered the NFL on a minimum contract. He earned $193,000 as a rookie and just $298,000 in a 2001 season that culminated in a Super Bowl win.

Months prior to the 2002 season, Brady agreed to a four-year contract extension worth roughly $30 million, including a $10 million signing bonus.

Ryan became the second top draft choice to sign when he accepted a six-year, $72 million contract that included $34.75 million in guarantees.

Brady was paid peanuts for a few years

No, that makes too much sense and doesn't fit an agenda....let's just grab our pitch forks and go after the best QB this franchise has had.

Ovie_Lover likes this

14 minutes ago, DawnOfThemBirds said:

Now you know Jerry wouldn't consider that. Dak is better than Dalton.

Another reason why Dak will get the money wants is because he now has public appeal with the Campbell's Soup and other major endorsements and commercials. Jerry loves for his brand to be everywhere and cares way more about publicity than anything.

Jerry is about marketing. I agree...

DonOfThemBirds likes this

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Lets assume Brady earned 55-60 million before Ryan was even drafted.  Since that point, Arya has earned 40-45 million more that Brady since then.  

I suspect Brady could have earned an extra 60-80 million.  Belichick & Kraft honestly owe him a public thank you.  And I don’t buy the whole narrative that Brady was paid under the table.  That’s a good way to lose your franchise.

He owns TB12, the team pays TB12 to rehab players and more. While other rehab centers pay teams the right to rehab their players. 

He's getting paid under the table. 

Rhodaric likes this

1 hour ago, Geneaut said:

You can't deny Brady has been paid under the table. The Patriots literally contract his TB12 Sports nutrition company to treat/service NE players. The NFL claims it is legit but it's dirty as **** in my opinion.

Because it is dirty. Brady's partner lied about being a doctor and was investigated by the FTC.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-patriots-pay-a-brady-owned-company-run-by-suspect-partner/amp/

Geneaut, Rhodaric and athell like this

1 hour ago, robertap said:

Yeah, it's not under the table at all, it's right out in the open.  I don't know how this can possibly be considered, "legit."  At the very least, it should be a conflict of interests considering the salary cap.  How much money do the Patriots pay the TB12 organization?

$200 an hour when using their services just for rehab. They don't release any other figures.

48 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Yes, MARKETING comes into this.  As with Dak, there is a segment of the Falcons fanbase that just WANT Ryan to be the quarterback, thus, they will buy the season tickets, etc.   Ownership gives them what they want.  At the end of the day its about money, not necessarily who can PLAY the best...

What QB is better that we are in a position to draft? You're not just a clown, you are the entire circus.