Jump to content

Ryan vs Brady - Contracts


FalconsIn2012
 Share

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

This honestly caught me completely off guard.  Not sure how it’s possible.  But here are their career earnings:

Ryan:   12 seasons     $223,457,925

 

Brady:  20 seasons     $235,166,804

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/matt-ryan-3983/cash-earnings/

 

Exactly, and our fans wonder why we cant afford a decent defense 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2000

Brady entered the NFL on a minimum contract. He earned $193,000 as a rookie and just $298,000 in a 2001 season that culminated in a Super Bowl win.

2002

Months prior to the 2002 season, Brady agreed to a four-year contract extension worth roughly $30 million, including a $10 million signing bonus.

 

Ryan became the second top draft choice to sign when he accepted a six-year, $72 million contract that included $34.75 million in guarantees.

 

Brady was paid peanuts for a few years

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

2000

Brady entered the NFL on a minimum contract. He earned $193,000 as a rookie and just $298,000 in a 2001 season that culminated in a Super Bowl win.

2002

Months prior to the 2002 season, Brady agreed to a four-year contract extension worth roughly $30 million, including a $10 million signing bonus.

 

Ryan became the second top draft choice to sign when he accepted a six-year, $72 million contract that included $34.75 million in guarantees.

 

Brady was paid peanuts for a few years

This.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another thing you have to take into account is the market for QBs has drastically gone up. Would it be fair to compare Bart Starr's earnings to Matt Ryan? No. Tom Brady entered the league 8 years before Matt Ryan when QBs made much less. You think a top QB drafted 8 years after Matt Ryan wont earn more money than him by the end? Of course he will. By then QB's will be getting 50 million a year.

To top it off Tom Brady gave the Patriots discounts. Since they have been caught cheating every way possible could it be possible Brady was given more than what his earnings say? Absolutely. 

As mentioned above Tom Brady was a 6th round pick. Matt Ryan was the 3rd overall pick. That alone is a huge difference in pay when talking about being in the same draft. Much less 8 years apart. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

This honestly caught me completely off guard.  Not sure how it’s possible.  But here are their career earnings:

Ryan:   12 seasons     $223,457,925

 

Brady:  20 seasons     $235,166,804

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/matt-ryan-3983/cash-earnings/

 

Go look up Matt Stanford.

11 seasons 211 million.  Next year it will be $219 million.

I guess people forget the time when rookie contracts were getting out of control. Like how Kellen Winslow became the highest paid TE in NFL history before he ever played a snap.

Ryan, Stafford, and Bradford were the last QBs to benefit from this and came in with monster rookie deals.

Cant fault them for being smart and hiring great agents.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's much easier to take a pay cut when your wife brings in more than you. And he's definitely getting something under the table through the TB 12 facility in Foxboro (next to Gillette Stadium in a plaza) as they're clients for the business.

If the rumors are true about him wanting 30 million a year then he's going cash in this off-season anyway and widen the gap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

So done with some of these homer fans that keep the blinders on.. Ride Ryans coattail till the end.. Hes only fooling all of yall

You can't be serious. Every position, especially QB, is resetting the FA market every year so contracts are richer and richer. The NFL market and teams' salary cap gets higher year after year. 

There will be 50 million a year QB before you know it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The Don™ said:

You can't be serious. Every position, especially QB, is resetting the FA market every year so contracts are richer and richer. The NFL market and teams' salary cap gets higher year after year. 

There will be 50 million a year QB before you know it.

That clown is just a Ryan Hater. No need to entertain him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

This honestly caught me completely off guard.  Not sure how it’s possible.  But here are their career earnings:

Ryan:   12 seasons     $223,457,925

 

Brady:  20 seasons     $235,166,804

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/atlanta-falcons/matt-ryan-3983/cash-earnings/

 

Been saying this for years.  If Ryan plays through this contract, he is the highest earning QB in NFL history.  Well over 300 million.  He is a good QB, but in my book I can't say he deserves to be the #1 paid player, not just QB in NFL history.  I understand the economics, that'a my argument for the fact that I believe the economics are messed up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brady took a big pay cut for years so they can go on a championship run, Matt ryan isnt willing to do that. In 2013 he signed a 5 year $57 million contract which is about $11.4 million per season while Matt Ryan signed a 5 year $103 million contract in the same year earning $20.6M per season. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Brady took a big pay cut for years so they can go on a championship run, Matt ryan isnt willing to do that. In 2013 he signed a 5 year $57 million contract which is about $11.4 million per season while Matt Ryan signed a 5 year $103 million contract in the same year earning $20.6M per season. 

I love how yall think Ryan is intentionally going to keep asking for big money contracts to hurt the team which he hasent. Yall got nothing better to do is bring up how much the man is making. HE JUST RESTRUCTURED to help the team

Edited by DirtyBirdKHAOS
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

2000

Brady entered the NFL on a minimum contract. He earned $193,000 as a rookie and just $298,000 in a 2001 season that culminated in a Super Bowl win.

2002

Months prior to the 2002 season, Brady agreed to a four-year contract extension worth roughly $30 million, including a $10 million signing bonus.

 

Ryan became the second top draft choice to sign when he accepted a six-year, $72 million contract that included $34.75 million in guarantees.

 

Brady was paid peanuts for a few years

That was my point.  Not a bash Matt Ryan thread.  Ryan is my dude.

But consider that by 2008 Brady had 3 rings and just had the greatest statistical season ever for a QB, one would think from that point on he would far surpass any QB on the market.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, DirtyBirdKHAOS said:

I love how yall think Ryan is intentionally going to keep asking for big money contracts to hurt the team which he hasent. Yall got nothing better to do is bring up how much the man is making. HE JUST RESTRUCTURED to help the team

He hasn't declined them either. That's the the difference between good and great, Lebron and Brady are willing to take pay cuts to get to the promised land, good players arent. I am sure if he is getting market setting contracts it's because his agent is pushing for it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lets assume Brady earned 55-60 million before Ryan was even drafted.  Since that point, Ryan has earned 40-45 million more that Brady since then.  
 

I suspect Brady could have earned an extra 60-80 million.  Belichick & Kraft honestly owe him a public thank you.  And I don’t buy the whole narrative that Brady was paid under the table.  That’s a good way to lose your franchise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Lets assume Brady earned 55-60 million before Ryan was even drafted.  Since that point, Arya has earned 40-45 million more that Brady since then.  
 

I suspect Brady could have earned an extra 60-80 million.  Belichick & Kraft honestly owe him a public thank you.  And I don’t buy the whole narrative that Brady was paid under the table.  That’s a good way to lose your franchise.

You can't deny Brady has been paid under the table. The Patriots literally contract his TB12 Sports nutrition company to treat/service NE players. The NFL claims it is legit but it's dirty as **** in my opinion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...