Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons Fan MVP

What are the chances the Falcons draft Cesar Ruiz and Thaddeus Moss?

19 posts in this topic

Cesar Ruiz would probably be an excellent replacement for Alex Mack in a couple of years and Thaddeus Moss would be a nice offensive weapon in Dirk Koetter's pass happy offense, especially if Hooper walks he will come in handy as a backup/competition for Jaden Graham or whoever.

What do you think the chances are that the Falcons will try to draft one of these guys or both of these guys? Do you think these guys will even be available by the time we would likely want to draft them?

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

If we draft Ruiz now....which I would be mucho in favor of.....we should cut Mack and use his cap savings on defense.

Which means we won't do it. 

It would probably take a year or two for him to take Mack's place. I think Mack just had a mediocre year because of new scheme and new pieces on the line.

Vandy likes this

4 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

It would probably take a year or two for him to take Mack's place. I think Mack just had a mediocre year because of new scheme and new pieces on the line.

Agree on Mack, I thought he played fine.. But the thing is, we all say we wish falcons did things like NE does. They would cut mack now before he's completely washed up and draft Ruiz and throw him in the fire. Then use that cap savings to repair holes in their defense. 

Just now, Vandy said:

Agree on Mack. But the thing is, we all say we wish falcons did things like NE does. They would cut mack now before he's completely washed up and draft Ruiz and throw him in the fire. Then use that cap savings to repair holes in their defense. 

People wanna be like NE until it's a player they like.

Vandy and Charles Wright like this

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

If we draft Ruiz now....which I would be mucho in favor of.....we should cut Mack and use his cap savings on defense.

Which means we won't do it. 

I just read that Mack played the majority of the season with a serious elbow injury.  

Just can’t see any way they move Mack in a win or you’re fired season.  Plus I can’t ignore that all of Ryan’s best years are with Mack in front of him

1 hour ago, Ovie_Lover said:

People wanna be like NE until it's a player they like.

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Agree on Mack, I thought he played fine.. But the thing is, we all say we wish falcons did things like NE does. They would cut mack now before he's completely washed up and draft Ruiz and throw him in the fire. Then use that cap savings to repair holes in their defense. 

It really helps new England that Tom Brady works cheap and some players will take a discount to play for them.

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I just read that Mack played the majority of the season with a serious elbow injury.  

Just can’t see any way they move Mack in a win or you’re fired season.  Plus I can’t ignore that all of Ryan’s best years are with Mack in front of him

So 2012 you don’t really believe in the NE/Belichick way either? Because you know what he would be doing here. 

FalconsIn2012 likes this

1 minute ago, Vandy said:

Do you don’t really believe in the NE/Belichick way either? Because you know what he would be doing here. 

I believe we don’t have their coaches...lol

Vandy likes this

42 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

It really helps new England that Tom Brady works cheap and some players will take a discount to play for them.

Brady’s cap hit in 2019 was $21.5M. Ryan’s was $15.8M.

This year, Ryan’s cap hit is just a little over $24 M. 

For perspective, Julio Jones hit this upcoming year is $20.5M.

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

3 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Very low statistically. When you look at the number of players (let’s say 275 drafted), the odds are 1:275 we take just one of them. Then multiply that x 2 for the odds we take both. So odds are about 1:550, So don’t hold your breath.

tenor.gif

3 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Very low statistically. When you look at the number of players (let’s say 275 drafted), the odds are 1:275 we take just one of them. Then multiply that x 2 for the odds we take both. So odds are about 1:550, So don’t hold your breath.

But to follow up on that gif.........The odds are actually way way way higher because your algorithm doesn't include the metric **** ton of variables that are present. Mainly the other 31 teams.

14 hours ago, Jpizzle said:

But to follow up on that gif.........The odds are actually way way way higher because your algorithm doesn't include the metric **** ton of variables that are present. Mainly the other 31 teams.

And you call me the nerd lol. I was worried I wasn’t even remembering basic statistics from my school days.

Honestly i was just providing my daily dose of being a jackazz:D