⚡Slumerican⚡

Matt Ryan ranked as 12th best QB in 2019

62 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Im saying as the podium fans put Ryan on hes got to have enough brass behind his shaking thing to get this locker room performing.. Im not saying Ryan should block, catch passes, or play defense.. Just that if Ryan wants to be known as a HOF qb hes got to be able to motivate this team in the locker room.. And I dont believe anyone can argue we played alot of unmotivated football at least 6 months out of this season.. Quinn is nothing but a cheerleader, none of the players fear him imo

What if there are players there who just consider football a job? To go further, these players hate their job. Maybe some people are just there to do what they have to do to get paid. Football sounds like a dream job to most. It's not everyone's dream job. Maybe the players weren't focused because they were at the club every night until 5am. Who knows. Players and coaches can motivate to some extent but at the end of the day it's up to each individual to do their part. A player can decide to go clubbing all night or hit the gym. It's their choice. Nobody can force them to be better. 

I believe you are right about players not fearing Quinn. They don't fear him they love him. He has to learn that at the end of the day he is the boss. When the boss is buddy buddy with his employees things can go south quick. Give them too much leeway and they can take advantage of it.

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

9 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

If you honestly consider a oline made up of all first round picks and pro bowl players bad than what could be considered good to u? Yeah, ill debate u all day on this my man

Where players are drafted makes them play good as a unit? :huh:

You can't honestly tell me you thought the oline was "good" this year? 

Bottom 5 run game and I didn't look at end of season but I know near the end we were very close to the bottom in pass pro as well.  Now please tell me where this good play showed itself.  Personally I'm more concerned about the oline coaching than ridiculous message board agendas.

Geneaut and Schwarzwald like this

10 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Im saying as the podium fans put Ryan on hes got to have enough brass behind his shaking thing to get this locker room performing.. Im not saying Ryan should block, catch passes, or play defense.. Just that if Ryan wants to be known as a HOF qb hes got to be able to motivate this team in the locker room.. And I dont believe anyone can argue we played alot of unmotivated football at least 6 months out of this season.. Quinn is nothing but a cheerleader, none of the players fear him imo

Geez we know youre a Ryan hater. Quit bashing our leader our former MVP. You are dead wrong saying he doesnt know how to motivate a team. 

19 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

The Ryan and Douglas connection worked because Ryan is a twitch qb and Douglas in the slot worked out perfectly for Ryan to get the ball out quickly to.. Douglas looked very average when he went to a team with a good blocking scheme and he had to actually run routes.. Would you not agree?? 

I would agree but I give more credit to ryan then I do Douglas. Kind of going to my point that he is a hall of fame player. (But doesnt have to be elite to do so)

On 2/13/2020 at 8:21 PM, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

But if you are supposed to be a elite hof qb, isn't that issues that should be easily overcome? How can fan keep making the argument Ryan is elite and future HOF when he needs a perfect scenario to even be average?? 

So you are saying Ryan is suppose to be great with a oline that lets the other teams defense swarm him?  He should overcome that.... 

Do me a favor.  Step away from the bong and put down the drink. LoL. :doh:

3 hours ago, Realsurfin said:

So you are saying Ryan is suppose to be great with a oline that lets the other teams defense swarm him?  He should overcome that.... 

Do me a favor.  Step away from the bong and put down the drink. LoL. :doh:

Answer me this, how can we have a oline made up of all 1st round draft picks.. The best wr to ever play in the NFL.. Supposedly an elite HOF qb.. Yet we cant make the playoffs.. Where in this picture do you see the problem..?? All I've heard since Ryan has been our qb is we don't have a decent defense.. Thats over 10 years of a simplistic problem we've yet to over come.. What is your answer to this problem?? 

The Rock likes this

17 hours ago, kschreck said:

Where players are drafted makes them play good as a unit? :huh:

You can't honestly tell me you thought the oline was "good" this year? 

Bottom 5 run game and I didn't look at end of season but I know near the end we were very close to the bottom in pass pro as well.  Now please tell me where this good play showed itself.  Personally I'm more concerned about the oline coaching than ridiculous message board agendas.

I believe we have good olineman in a broken scheme.. But who's to blame? This has gone on pretty much since Ryan has been here.. At some point you would think Ryan would sit down with whatever coaching staff we have and address the issues right?? Its just the same song and dance with Ryan every season.. Ryans running out of time to actually make something happen with this team 

On 2/13/2020 at 3:13 PM, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Yeah, its accurate imo.. Just thought those first 5 games Ryan looked like a rookie in could have dropped him lower.. Obviously everyone else here didn't watch those :ninja:

I remember the fumbles and turnovers by Ryan the first half of the season. He cleaned it up the 2nd half of the season.

His stats are a bit skewed since we were playing from behind a lot because the defense couldn’t stop anything and our offense was too conservative to start. 

On 2/13/2020 at 7:37 PM, FalconsIn2012 said:

Ryan was the 2nd ranked QB in 2017 behind only Brady.  He was also great year 1 with Mularkey (2008) & Year 1 with Dirk (2012)

We couldn't score more than 21 points in 2017