FalconJim

So, Tabeek thinks we take this guy in the !st ---

107 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Draftnut57 said:

OK,, lets say he is,, That don't mean we should draft him at 16,, S is a position you can get a good one in latter rounds.. But you can't do that with a DE,, So to me.. NO way would I draft him in the first.. I'll just leave it at that.. But I do think TD and Quinn know what I just said is true and they know we have to have a DE,, And IMO , we should take the best one available at #16,,  IF my life depended on getting that first pick position right, I'd say it will be a DE. 

He's a freaking CB and the best one in the country. Why have you repeatedly called him a safety?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

It wasn’t while chasing down a WR that burned him was it?:ninja:

I doubt it.

 

“On his 400 coverage snaps, just six resulted in a 15-plus yard gain for the opposing receiver. Those six plays accounted for nearly half of Okudah's yards allowed for the season, and he happened to be playing them all in off-coverage. When he went face-to-face with his opponent in press coverage, Okudah didn’t allow a single explosive play. He played 184 coverage snaps in press coverage and was targeted 29 times, with his longest reception allowed going for just 12 yards. That paved the way to surrendering just 3.1 yards per target in press coverage, which is over three and a half yards fewer than the FBS average.”

 

 

 

FalconJim likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, OrthoPTSD said:

Consensus?

Haha!  O. K.  I can play this game.  By who? 
But really, I've been working a lot of long hours, lately, and haven't had a whole lot of time to look at many mocks, since it's a tad early... 




 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Draftnut57 said:

It would be a huge mistake to take a S with our first pick.. Huge! No way will we take a S in the first round.. Bank on it!! It'll be a DE,, And that is what we need,, If they don't take a DE,, I will not have much faith in the FO of knowing what to do to make this a winning team. Give me a couple of DEs and a couple of big bad DTs, in this draft ,, And I'll show you a team that will make the playoffs next season.. take a CB in the first,, and I'll be like :fuego:

Okudah would be great at 16 but he won’t be there. Agree we need DEs. I lost faith in TD and a pass rush back in 2010:bang:. Maybe just maybe he finally finds a pass rush...I mean hello he’s due and even a blind hog finds an acorn sooner or later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Atl Falcon said:

Okudah would be great at 16 but he won’t be there. Agree we need DEs. I lost faith in TD and a pass rush back in 2010:bang:. Maybe just maybe he finally finds a pass rush...I mean hello he’s due and even a blind hog finds an acorn sooner or later.

Exactly!! I think he has lived and learned from the past.. At least I'm hoping that will be the case in this years draft. I'm a big believer in building a hugh powerful DL as well as s hugh powerful OL,, The only differance is I like it when we get our OL with proven FAs and drafting the DL,, Because nobody will allow a great DL get away. almost have to draft a good one.. 

Atl Falcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

Link?

To what? You posted the only link on the internet that has Okudah going #16. Are you asking for a link to every football website that disagrees? 

just pick any at random

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FalconJim said:
16
Falcons_Table
CB Jeffrey Okudah, Junior, The Ohio State.  6'0" 200 lbs.
Atlanta pounces on Okudah, a book-end corner who immediately improves the defense.  


I don't think this would be a bad move, if we don't have a DE or a LG in mind at #16.   

That would mean the Falcons could cut Trufant, and his $5M Cap savings, or his $10M Cap savings if the players/owners agree to June 1st cuts.

This could be a very real possibility, using that money in FA.

(Would prefer the DE/DT route)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

To what? You posted the only link on the internet that has Okudah going #16. Are you asking for a link to every football website that disagrees? 

just pick any at random

I've been working a lot of long hours, lately, and haven't had a lot of time to look at many mock drafts.  But after doing some investigating, I see now that Okuda will most likely go Top 5 in this years Draft....which makes Tabeek's Mock saying we could be a player for Okuda at Pick # 16, even MORE ridiculous!  That is, unless we do a Julio-type trade up for him, and I don't see us doing that.  Matter of fact, if we were going to do that, we might as well go on up and get Chase Young!   :lol:  




 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I doubt it.

 

“On his 400 coverage snaps, just six resulted in a 15-plus yard gain for the opposing receiver. Those six plays accounted for nearly half of Okudah's yards allowed for the season, and he happened to be playing them all in off-coverage. When he went face-to-face with his opponent in press coverage, Okudah didn’t allow a single explosive play. He played 184 coverage snaps in press coverage and was targeted 29 times, with his longest reception allowed going for just 12 yards. That paved the way to surrendering just 3.1 yards per target in press coverage, which is over three and a half yards fewer than the FBS average.”

 

 

 

That’ll all change at TC when or if he gets his first taste of Julio Jones.All of a sudden potentially talked about lock down meets a DBs worst nightmare in #11 lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FalconJim said:


I hope so....but first we have to snag him!  That may be the tricky part ---

I don’t think we get him. Unless he blows Quinn and Dimitroff out of the water. Like Julio did with Dimitroff and Smitty. But then again I was sure surprised last year to take two linemen’s in the 1st, I wouldn’t mind going CB and trading back up to take someone like Swift or maybe even a DE or DT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

That’ll all change at TC when or if he gets his first taste of Julio Jones.All of a sudden potentially talked about lock down meets a DBs worst nightmare in #11 lol.

In today’s NFL, elite receiver beats elite DB most games.  The odds are stacked against the secondary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

In today’s NFL, elite receiver beats elite DB most games.  The odds are stacked against the secondary

Yep but I was more along the lines of Okudah for example never having to play someone like Julio for an off season.Stuff he may get away with against college opponents you just won’t against 11 he’ll expose you regardless.

FalconsIn2012 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Yep but I was more along the lines of Okudah for example never having to play someone like Julio for an off season.Stuff he may get away with against college opponents you just won’t against 11 he’ll expose you regardless.

True....Julio does that to every CB though.  A Rhodes may best him a game, but ultimately Jones talent wins out over time.  I don’t care who guards him

kiwifalcon likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FalconJim said:

I've been working a lot of long hours, lately, and haven't had a lot of time to look at many mock drafts.  But after doing some investigating, I see now that Okuda will most likely go Top 5 in this years Draft....which makes Tabeek's Mock saying we could be a player for Okuda at Pick # 16, even MORE ridiculous!  That is, unless we do a Julio-type trade up for him, and I don't see us doing that.  Matter of fact, if we were going to do that, we might as well go on up and get Chase Young!   :lol:  




 

Yeah it's like he hasn't researched the draft since October. Before the end of the season he was talked about as a mid first rnd pick but that's been a while now.

FalconJim and Boise Falcon Fan like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, FalconJim said:
16
Falcons_Table
CB Jeffrey Okudah, Junior, The Ohio State.  6'0" 200 lbs.
Atlanta pounces on Okudah, a book-end corner who immediately improves the defense.  


I don't think this would be a bad move, if we don't have a DE or a LG in mind at #16.   

He can pull a Tunsil and still not fall enough for us to sniff him. Something troubling enough for him to drop to us probably means he’s undrafted like Collins in Dallas. Now if he tore an ACL in workouts I’d take him at 16. Don’t really care about the win now blah blah blah. Jeff Simmons ended up playing nearly as much as Lindstrom (don’t fact check that, I’m not looking it up to verify). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, direwolf said:

If he falls that far, it'd be hard to pass up. He looks every bit the part of the next great corner.

Cj henderson is a better athlete, and arguably a higher ceiling. Fulton impresses me as much in coverage with his polish, and looks taller and longer than okudah and henderson. Okudah is the most complete of the 3 right now. The separation in the 3 is not as astronomical as people like you to believe though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

Yes, and I get it that he is special .. But IMO ,, I still think we need DL help way more than a S.. which  can be drafted latter in the draft.

You pick the best player in a position of need - otherwise you end up with Jamal Anderson at DE and not Patrick Willis. Search to hard for one position and it nearly always ends badly. Look what TD did with RIDLEY and it was a great long term move. 

Boise Falcon Fan and Rings like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sidecar Falcon said:

If Okudah is there, you sprint to the table. 

Yep, that's what I would do!!! 

But, I think he'll be long gone by #16 --- probably, Top 5. 

It would take a serious trade-up to ever get Okudah, and probably not worth it to get a CB...

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now