FalconJim

So, Tabeek thinks we take this guy in the !st ---

107 posts in this topic

I do get the vibe the Falcons will take a DB in round 1 but who knows. They could go a number of different directions. They just have to let the draft come to them. Hopefully they get a legit pass rusher. 

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Okudah might be the best prospect in the draft

OK,, lets say he is,, That don't mean we should draft him at 16,, S is a position you can get a good one in latter rounds.. But you can't do that with a DE,, So to me.. NO way would I draft him in the first.. I'll just leave it at that.. But I do think TD and Quinn know what I just said is true and they know we have to have a DE,, And IMO , we should take the best one available at #16,,  IF my life depended on getting that first pick position right, I'd say it will be a DE. 

26 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

I'll be hoping you don't eat a shoe..Because even if he did fall, I do not want to take a player that IMO can be taken care of in latter rounds.. I wan't a Game wrecker either at the DE position or at the DT position.. WE need an OL buster !! And that is why I want two DEs and two DTs in the draft.. If we miss on one, we have a backup.. We must fix this problem, MUST!! Or else we'll be middle of the road team again.

Okudah at 16, Blacklock at 47 & Dobbins/Taylor/Helaire at 54 is a wet dream draft

Okudah hit 24 mph twice on the field last year.  That’s 2 mph faster than anyone in the NFL

6 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

OK,, lets say he is,, That don't mean we should draft him at 16,, S is a position you can get a good one in latter rounds.. But you can't do that with a DE,, So to me.. NO way would I draft him in the first.. I'll just leave it at that.. But I do think TD and Quinn know what I just said is true and they know we have to have a DE,, And IMO , we should take the best one available at #16,,  IF my life depended on getting that first pick position right, I'd say it will be a DE. 

He is a boundary corner

23 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

I sure hope not,,, We can find good CBs in the middle to late rounds,, We need a game wrecker on the DL ,, aamof , we need two or three .. So we need to start out getting what we can't get in latter rounds.. S is a position we can take care of latter.. JMO>

I appreciate your opinion --- and yea, we might could get a "good" CB in later rounds, but probably not one the caliber of Okudah.  Heck man, we've got SEVEN picks, so why not use 'em for a difference-maker like him?!?!?!  To have a shut down corner like Okudah (granted, it might take a couple of years for him to mature) it could actually make our DL look better!

Just now, FalconJim said:

I appreciate your--- and yea, we might could get a "good" CB in later rounds, but probably not one the caliber of Okudah.  Heck man, we've got SEVEN picks, so why not use 'em for a difference-maker like him?!?!?!  To have a shut down corner like Okudah (granted, it might take a couple of years for him to mature) it could actually make our DL look better!

Every year, it becomes clearer and more clear that the teams with the biggest baddest DL wreak havick on the opposing OLs and help make turn overs and bust up the running plays.. and stop the QB from getting the ball down the field ,, A great D# helps our O# in a huge way by getting the ball back by sacks and play busters.. Gives us more time on the O# which normally gives more points.. 

FalconJim likes this

21 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I’d give up our second pick in round 2 foe Okudah to be there at 16

But IMO it'd all about filling the first needs first.. And with this team we need a DE most.. And getting the first or second best DE at 16 would be huge. and a huge step in making this team a playoff team.. I'm hoping we draft two DEs in this draft , two DTs in this draft. .a S, a CB, a RB in round 6 or 7,  an OLB,,  and the Center out of Missouri ... to mold for future. All other OL needs in proven FAcy. players.

2 minutes ago, SirCzah said:

If we continue to give opposing QBs 10+ secs in the pocket, it won't matter who we have at DB.

But that's the whole point in trying to get a CB like Okudah ---- it would give our DLine more time to get to the QB, if his receivers are covered!  So, it all works together, imo...

7 minutes ago, SirCzah said:

If we continue to give opposing QBs 10+ secs in the pocket, it won't matter who we have at DB.

Doesn’t really matter if we have Von Miller and Khalil Mack rushing the passer or if it’s Chauncey Davis and Lawrence Sidbury if receivers continue to routinely be open the moment the ball is snapped. 

Really, I’m not for a certain position over another. I want the best guys at their positions. In regards to Okudah, he was my favorite prospect after we lost out on Young. We’ll lose out on Okudah too. I expect him to land in Detroit at #3.

FalconsIn2012 and Artys Arryn like this

1 minute ago, FalconJim said:

But that's the whole point in trying to get a CB like Okudah ---- it would give our DLine more time to get to the QB, if his receivers are covered!  So, it all works together, imo...

Yes , I know what your saying,, But if we could end up with 2 monster DEs. and two monster DTs.. That QB will not have time to think about throwing the ball , much less down field. And I'm hoping we draft .....2 of each DL, would give us 4 monsters to battle it out for the starting positions. The QB would be wore out getting his self up off the ground.

FalconJim likes this

38 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

I appreciate your opinion --- and yea, we might could get a "good" CB in later rounds, but probably not one the caliber of Okudah.  Heck man, we've got SEVEN picks, so why not use 'em for a difference-maker like him?!?!?!  To have a shut down corner like Okudah (granted, it might take a couple of years for him to mature) it could actually make our DL look better!

Yes, and I get it that he is special .. But IMO ,, I still think we need DL help way more than a S.. which  can be drafted latter in the draft.

FalconJim likes this

20 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Every year, it becomes clearer and more clear that the teams with the biggest baddest DL wreak havick on the opposing OLs and help make turn overs and bust up the running plays.. and stop the QB from getting the ball down the field ,, A great D# helps our O# in a huge way by getting the ball back by sacks and play busters.. Gives us more time on the O# which normally gives more points.. 

I see what you're saying, man.  And yea, we need a DE, and a DT (or two) to wreak havoc on offenses. 
But I'm thinking a CB like Okudah, could help our Defense almost as much.  More than a DE or DT?  I don't know the answer to that.  Obviously, it would depend on who they are.  I do know, we need BOTH!   

1 hour ago, FalconJim said:

LOL!  So what do you like on your shoe?  Ketchup, A1, Worcestershire sauce?  I think he'll last to pick  #16, unless, he absolutely "balls out" at the Combine....we'll see --- 

You and  Butt cheek are literally the only 2 that think so. Hes a consesus top 5 pick among the rest of the football world. 

Nino11 likes this

16 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Yes , I know what your saying,, But if we could end up with 2 monster DEs. and two monster DTs.. That QB will not have time to think about throwing the ball , much less down field. And I'm hoping we draft .....2 of each DL, would give us 4 monsters to battle it out for the starting positions. The QB would be wore out getting his self up off the ground.

I hear ya', man!  I guess we have to leave it up to the "professionals" --- LOL! 
Is it better to try and get an elite CB, or a couple of DEs and DTs??? 
I was on the Chase Young band wagon, but saw that was hopeless --- then switched to Okudah, because I thought he might be within reach, and probably the best defensive player at a position-of-need for us....but now, not even sure he'll get past Detroit at #3.   :( 

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Okudah at 16, Blacklock at 47 & Dobbins/Taylor/Helaire at 54 is a wet dream draft

Okudah hit 24 mph twice on the field last year.  That’s 2 mph faster than anyone in the NFL

It wasn’t while chasing down a WR that burned him was it?:ninja:

FalconJim and Vandy like this

15 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

Yes, and I get it that he is special .. But IMO ,, I still think we need DL help way more than a S.. which  can be drafted latter in the draft.

I get it, dude!  And I hope you get two of the biggest, baddest DEs & DTs in the draft!!!  I'll be jumping-up-and-down-happy for us!!!  I just hope Okudah doesn't go to the NFC South!  Hahaha!!!

Draftnut57 likes this

4 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

It wasn’t while chasing down a WR that burned him was it?:ninja:

Haha!  I doubt it!!!  He didn't get "burnt" much, that I saw...

7 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

I hear ya', man!  I guess we have to leave it up to the "professionals" --- LOL! 
Is it better to try and get an elite CB, or a couple of DEs and DTs??? 
I was on the Chase Young band wagon, but saw that was hopeless --- then switched to Okudah, because I thought he might be within reach, and probably the best defensive player at a position-of-need for us....but now, not even sure he'll get past Detroit at #3.   :( 

Id love some Okudah but what make you think he would make it to 16? My ship for him sailed after we no longer were top 5

Boise Falcon Fan likes this

15 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

You and  Butt cheek are literally the only 2 that think so. Hes a consesus top 5 pick among the rest of the football world. 

Link?

1 minute ago, OrthoPTSD said:

Id love some Okudah but what make you think he would make it to 16? My ship for him sailed after we no longer were top 5

Right,, and I sure don't want to trade up for anybody in the first.. If anything,, maybe trade down with our 2nd round pick.

2 minutes ago, OrthoPTSD said:

What makes you think he won't???