FalconJim

So, Tabeek thinks we take this guy in the !st ---

99 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, direwolf said:

If he falls that far, it'd be hard to pass up. He looks every bit the part of the next great corner.

Yea, he has all the credentials, for sure --- at least in college!  Only thing, I wish he was a Senior --- as a Junior, it may take him a little longer to catch up with the speed of the NFL, and we need help in the secondary NOW! 

46 minutes ago, FalconJim said:
Falcons_Table
CB Jeffrey Okudah, Junior, The Ohio State.  6'0" 200 lbs.
Atlanta pounces on Okudah, a book-end corner who immediately improves the defense.  

I don't think this would be a bad move, if we don't have a DE or a LG in mind at #16.   

DQ likes his tall corners, and we can't have enough depth there. I'm not against it.

I sure hope not,,, We can find good CBs in the middle to late rounds,, We need a game wrecker on the DL ,, aamof , we need two or three .. So we need to start out getting what we can't get in latter rounds.. S is a position we can take care of latter.. JMO>

Macknsweetjones and FalconJim like this

16 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

If Okudah falls to #16 I’ll eat a shoe.  I’d be thrilled though

I'll be hoping you don't eat a shoe..Because even if he did fall, I do not want to take a player that IMO can be taken care of in latter rounds.. I wan't a Game wrecker either at the DE position or at the DT position.. WE need an OL buster !! And that is why I want two DEs and two DTs in the draft.. If we miss on one, we have a backup.. We must fix this problem, MUST!! Or else we'll be middle of the road team again.

56 minutes ago, FalconJim said:
Falcons_Table
Atlanta pounces on Okudah, a book-end corner who immediately improves the defense.  

I don't think this would be a bad move, if we don't have a DE or a LG in mind at #16.   

Tabeek is a ra-ra guy who is also a football moron.

The Falcon's completely cleaned house with their media department a few years ago and this is the only guy they could find who would constantly spin the Falcons in a positive light no matter what was happening on the field or at the branch.  He hasn't had one critical evaluation of anything since he has been reporting for the Falcons.  I could care less what he says about the draft, even if it mattered.  I'm sure it won't be based on any intel he might be able to get (because he doesn't get any) or any true critical evaluation of what the Falcon's need.

1 hour ago, FalconJim said:
Falcons_Table

This dude is gonna be phenomenal, can make our secondary elite in a few seasons

FalconJim likes this

18 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

If Okudah falls to #16 I’ll eat a shoe.  I’d be thrilled though

LOL!  So what do you like on your shoe?  Ketchup, A1, Worcestershire sauce?  I think he'll last to pick  #16, unless, he absolutely "balls out" at the Combine....we'll see --- 

PokerSteve and FalconsIn2012 like this

1 minute ago, AxManBigFan said:

This dude is gonna be phenomenal, can make our secondary elite in a few seasons

I hope so....but first we have to snag him!  That may be the tricky part ---

1 minute ago, Atl Falcon said:

And I’ll eat the shoe strings....ain’t happening at 16

I don't know --- if we want him bad enough, which I hope we do, he can be had at #16, I think....but, it will probably depend on what kind of Combine he has, and how much his stock goes up (or, down).  Plus, what we're willing to give up to get him... 

PokerSteve likes this

It would be a huge mistake to take a S with our first pick.. Huge! No way will we take a S in the first round.. Bank on it!! It'll be a DE,, And that is what we need,, If they don't take a DE,, I will not have much faith in the FO of knowing what to do to make this a winning team. Give me a couple of DEs and a couple of big bad DTs, in this draft ,, And I'll show you a team that will make the playoffs next season.. take a CB in the first,, and I'll be like :fuego:

Atl Falcon likes this

Just now, CrimsonFalcon said:

If he falls to 16, I may have to pass.  Most mocks I've seen have him gone by 4. There would have to be something majorly wrong with his workout and interviews for him to drop at least 12 spots. 

You're basing that on some mocks?

Nobody except people within the organizations are privy to how scouts and GMs are actually evaluating talent and formulating their strategy in acquiring players. Calvin Ridley was projected to go in the top half of the draft. We got him in the 20s without having move up. You never know how the draft is gonna shake out, especially when the first couple of picks are made, because "everybody's got a plan until they get punched in the face," that is to say, mocks are just that, mocks.

11 minutes ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

The Falcon's completely cleaned house with their media department a few years ago and this is the only guy they could find who would constantly spin the Falcons in a positive light no matter what was happening on the field or at the branch.  He hasn't had one critical evaluation of anything since he has been reporting for the Falcons.  I could care less what he says about the draft, even if it mattered.  I'm sure it won't be based on any intel he might be able to get (because he doesn't get any) or any true critical evaluation of what the Falcon's need.

I honestly think the only reason he got a job was because his name ends with beek, and Falcons have beaks, and they could make a cheesy play on his name for the 'articals' he writes....

but I can see exactly what you mean, sometimes every body needs a good 'yes man'  :lol:

1 minute ago, No.11 said:

You're basing that on some mocks?

Nobody except people within the organizations are privy to how scouts and GMs are actually evaluating talent and formulating their strategy in acquiring players. Calvin Ridley was projected to go in the top half of the draft. We got him in the 20s without having move up. You never know how the draft is gonna shake out, especially when the first couple of picks are made, because "everybody's got a plan until they get punched in the face," that is to say, mocks are just that, mocks.

First pick will be a DE,, Trust me... And No, my daddy don't own the team nor am I kin to TD or Quinn.. I just have enough sense to know they are smarter than that.. Could be a DT with the first, But I'd say it will be a DE and hoping for that pick..

12 minutes ago, schwarzenegger321 said:

Yea, you're probably right!  I can't remember a single thing "negative" he's had to say about The Falcons, come to think of it.  But hey, I guess if you want to keep your job, you can't be too critical of "the boss"!  LOL! 

21 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

I sure hope not,,, We can find good CBs in the middle to late rounds,, We need a game wrecker on the DL ,, aamof , we need two or three .. So we need to start out getting what we can't get in latter rounds.. S is a position we can take care of latter.. JMO>

Okudah might be the best prospect in the draft

21 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

I'll be hoping you don't eat a shoe..Because even if he did fall, I do not want to take a player that IMO can be taken care of in latter rounds.. I wan't a Game wrecker either at the DE position or at the DT position.. WE need an OL buster !! And that is why I want two DEs and two DTs in the draft.. If we miss on one, we have a backup.. We must fix this problem, MUST!! Or else we'll be middle of the road team again.

Okudah is the best CB prospect since Ramsey

Rings likes this