Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
R_The_Great

Proof we have talent on the O LINE - Let these Boys play!

30 posts in this topic

EXHIBIT A 

GONO and MR. WETZELLLLLLL

Screenshot-1

Falcons vs Panthers.  Lindstrom was hurt, Carpenter was hurt, Brown was hurt.  These guys dominated the Line of Scrimmage all game.  Wetzel and Gono are practically human houses.   Gono is a star and the fact he doesn't have a starting spot on the team is a travesty.  Mr.  Wetzel has all of the tools to make a great guard.  Height, weight, strength, experience and toughness.

This is not to say Lindstrom should not be our starting Right guard, but what I saw from Gono in the short time he was in, Gono needs a shot as well.

EXHIBIT B

GONO dominates Shaq Thompson

Screenshot-2

When was the last time you saw our offensive linemen get up to the second level and ride Shaq Thompson out of the play like Gono did here?

My point is this. Yes the Carpenter and Brown signings were probably busts.   We got some serious big young talent that needs to see the field.  Why not Mr. Wetzel and LG?  I personally want to see Gono at RG.  I don't know where you put Lindstrom at, but I think since we have that huge hole at LG, maybe Lindstrom can go to the left side.  

This Falcons team needs to start unleashing these young guys.  Staying loyal to old veterans who could care less which team they play for next year, needs to go. 

BUMP for video FOOTAGE NOW.  If pics aren't your thing, than maybe a little Video footage of the men would be better for you?

Edited by R_The_Great

I know the James Stone jokes are coming, but you aren't wrong this time R. They do have the talent. 

LT: Jake
LG:
C: Mack
RG: Lindstrom
RT: McGary

That's better than most teams. Gono has showed several times he can play. Why they won't play him is a travesty. 

25 minutes ago, vel said:

I know the James Stone jokes are coming, but you aren't wrong this time R. They do have the talent. 

LG:

That's better than most teams. Gono has showed several times he can play. Why they won't play him is a travesty. 

It's ******* dumb. Feels like they just wanted to show the Brown and Carpenter signings weren't a waste. Newsflash: they were. 

This is one of my biggest critiques of the current regime. Play the best guy. I'm not sure if it's Koetter or Quinn - seeing as we did play guys on defense that played better as the year went on - but whatever it is, it needs to stop.

28 minutes ago, vel said:

LG:

They're scared. That's all I can think of. I get they're desperate to protect Ryan (as FA and the draft would indicate last year), but if they're really about developing young talent, Gono needs to see the field and given a legitimate opportunity (not some lip service like "we're letting them compete in practice") to start on Sundays. If Gono does turn out to be a serviceable to solid starter, we may have to start giving credit to TD and staff for being able to find the talent and mold it considering Schweitzer was a 6th rounder and Gono was a UDFA.

I do believe he was injured for awhile though, that may have played into it more than anything else.

52 minutes ago, No.11 said:

They're scared. That's all I can think of. I get they're desperate to protect Ryan (as FA and the draft would indicate last year), but if they're really about developing young talent, Gono needs to see the field and given a legitimate opportunity (not some lip service like "we're letting them compete in practice") to start on Sundays. If Gono does turn out to be a serviceable to solid starter, we may have to start giving credit to TD and staff for being able to find the talent and mold it considering Schweitzer was a 6th rounder and Gono was a UDFA.

I do believe he was injured for awhile though, that may have played into it more than anything else.

The crazy thing is? All they had to do was see how much better he was in PS compared to Sambrailo. Then when he played in the Panthers game like R pointed out. Gono showed he deserved snaps. Much more than Carpenter and Brown. 

2 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

It's ******* dumb. Feels like they just wanted to show the Brown and Carpenter signings weren't a waste. Newsflash: they were. 

This is one of my biggest critiques of the current regime. Play the best guy. I'm not sure if it's Koetter or Quinn - seeing as we did play guys on defense that played better as the year went on - but whatever it is, it needs to stop.

This. I'd rather we sign a FA and start the UDFA rookie that is playing better than him and admit the FA was a mistake instead of starting the lesser guy. I can respect that more. You ****** up, it happens. If you recognize it I'll still back you. 

Its extremely annoying.  We can see from the game Gono can play. Preseason as well as others have stated.  Just dont understand. 

Borat likes this

Gono is good.  Anyone else with his film would be playing.  He moves quicker going left than right so scheme heavier to that side.  He is Gonobeast!  A 23 year old stud. 

Its extremely annoying.  We can see from the game Gono can play. Preseason as well as others have stated.  Just dont understand. 

Gono played better than Linstrom in his return if not as good. Not saying this to down Linstrom  but Gono needs a chance somewhere on the line.

Doing everything they can to keep teams from snatching him off the practice squad but wont utilize him.

Gonobeast likes this

With the oline staying health I think we can make a good play off push with the right draft. And maybe picking up a center later in the rounds to learn from mack might be a good idea.

1 hour ago, red falcon said:

Maybe they don't want another big contract coming due in 1-2 years? Something similar to what the MLB team did to one of its budding stars, by not playing him, so as to keep another year of his eligibility? Was it the Astros?

red falcon and Gonobeast like this

I still don't understand why Gono who played well when he got a chance didn't  get his shot at LG.

I've even read a article where the Oline coach says

"Chris Morgan believes Matt Gono “going to be a player” some day when he gets his chance."

I feel like the lebron meme when J.r smith dribble out the clock

Schwarzwald, red falcon and Vandy like this

29 minutes ago, AllStarHandyMan said:

With the oline staying health I think we can make a good play off push with the right draft. And maybe picking up a center later in the rounds to learn from mack might be a good idea.

Cant sleep at the wheel brother. Been down this road before. They need to find another decent player. Keep the cupboard stocked. Cant have too many corners, offensive linemen and rushers.

AllStarHandyMan and robertap like this

24 minutes ago, atljbo said:

I still don't understand why Gono who played well when he got a chance didn't  get his shot at LG.

I've even read a article where the Oline coach says

"Chris Morgan believes Matt Gono “going to be a player” some day when he gets his chance."

I feel like the lebron meme when J.r smith dribble out the clock

You were the first one here to spot his potential. Not sure how you had anything to go on at the time, unless you were a spectator at Training Camp watching the initial drills. I absolutely knew nothing about him at the time.

20 minutes ago, Cheap Talk said:

You were the first one here to spot his potential. Not sure how you had anything to go on at the time, unless you were a spectator at Training Camp watching the initial drills. I absolutely knew nothing about him at the time.

He was definitely one of the first, but also i figured Gono would be a starter this season.. Didnt happen, but a few of us definitely sees the potential in Gono.. Quinns just too scared to play the guy because hes just focused on saving his own as$ imo

Cheap Talk likes this

1 hour ago, Cheap Talk said:

Maybe they don't want another big contract coming due in 1-2 years? Something similar to what the MLB team did to one of its budding stars, by not playing him, so as to keep another year of his eligibility? Was it the Astros?

yeah they needed the money to upgrade the center field camera and the monitors in their replay booth....

:ninja:

Cheap Talk likes this