Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

People still overthinking him. I low-key think he goes top 10 despite all the bad press, but if he's there at 16 and like, Derrick Brown isn't, you take him.

EDIT: At least, you do if you're running lots of Cover 3 and Cover 1 still...who knows with Morris.

Edited by Francis York Morgan

43 minutes ago, *TMo* said:

Would have to be at #16?

I’m not mentioning a certain position to take a guy.I’m just going to post up a half a dozen odd guys that I have personally had a look at.Might go 3 obvious favourites and add a couple more after the combine.

This is the guy I’ve liked the most out of any DB I’ve seen.

This guy can play single high in the box ball hawk returner thee most complete.

If we are talking a bolter at 16 Winfield Jnrs the guy.They did it with Neal @ 17 a few years back it could be the right time to look for Allen/Neal replacement that offers a whole lot more.

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

If we are talking a bolter at 16 Winfield Jnrs the guy.They did it with Neal @ 17 a few years back it could be the right time to look for Allen/Neal replacement that offers a whole lot more.

Winfield Jr. is awesome, yeah. Kyle Dugger could be a fun guy on this team too.

Have you watched Amik Robertson?

3 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Winfield Jr. is awesome, yeah. Kyle Dugger could be a fun guy on this team too.

Have you watched Amik Robertson?

No I haven’t but I’ll probably spend the weekend on the tablet as my partner is expecting a baby this weekend so at least I got an excuse lol.

ps from what I’ve seen of these 2 Winfield Jnr > Delpit.

23 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

People still overthinking him. I low-key think he goes top 10 despite all the bad press, but if he's there at 16 and like, Derrick Brown isn't, you take him.

I just don't see him being valuable enough for the teams in the top 10 to want him that early. 

He's not a top five pick type of guy, so we're talking the #6-10 group of:

Chargers
Panthers
Cardinals
Jags
Browns

3 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

There could be our replacement for neal. And a ball hawk and returner as well. I'm in; where will he go in the draft?

3 hours ago, vel said:

I just don't see him being valuable enough for the teams in the top 10 to want him that early. 

Chargers
Panthers
Cardinals
Jags
Browns

I think 3/5 of those teams would love having a Delpit on their roster. And if he blows away the combine, that'sw where he could go. But who knows - more I think about it, the more I'm not sure he fits what Morris is going to do.

26 minutes ago, Charles Wright said:

There could be our replacement for neal. And a ball hawk and returner as well. I'm in; where will he go in the draft?

I dunno how he'd replace Neal, but I do love Winfield. Probably a 2nd round dude, combine could have him lower since I see him not testing super great.

21 minutes ago, lju713 said:

I like Dugger better than Delpit in this defense. He is 6'2 212, can play in the box, over top,and cover RB/TE. Delpit shys away from contact, and seems more of a FS. Dugger is a SAFETY lol, he plays both spots

Dugger is a stud. And Delpit doesn't shy away from contact, he just whiffs sometimes. The Delpit stuff about his tackling is so overblown, I've seen him play in the box and rock RBs. Just not where he's best suited.

2 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I think 3/5 of those teams would love having a Delpit on their roster. And if he blows away the combine, that'sw where he could go. But who knows - more I think about it, the more I'm not sure he fits what Morris is going to do.

I dunno how he'd replace Neal, but I do love Winfield. Probably a 2nd round dude, combine could have him lower since I see him not testing super great.

Dugger is a stud. And Delpit doesn't shy away from contact, he just whiffs sometimes. The Delpit stuff about his tackling is so overblown, I've seen him play in the box and rock RBs. Just not where he's best suited.

He’ll be available at 16

19 hours ago, vel said:

Chargers
Panthers
Cardinals
Jags
Browns

For the type of cover 2 defense Morris will be deploying, do we still need a true strong safety? 

I find it hard to give an honest opinion about Dugger because of the competition he faced.He seems to be just bigger stronger and faster than everyone he played against.Has great size and speed but yeah it leaves me a little uneasy.

Mckinney looks like what Neal pretty much is doesn’t really have a feel for defending the pass against guys as or more athletic than he is.Not enough nuance in coverage for my liking.