Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MoFalconsFan56

I was wrong

30 posts in this topic

I misread some numbers and then started spouting off how DK sucks at running the ball. Although I feel he can get away from running the ball and I don’t like it, I based a whole argument off of incorrect numbers. My apologies. Next time I’ll look closer.
 

@FalconFanSince1970 and @blkbigdog35 I gave you false information.

@Falcons Fan MVP @raysnill1 @Ovie_Lover and I’ll even throw in in @Boise Falcon Fan whomever else I forgot your name but you were right and I was wrong.

 

I’m gonna go drink a beer now. Rise up boys and girls 

Edited by MoFalconsFan56

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FalconFanSince1969 said:

What's this all about? Lol

Lol I said Koetter sucks at running the ball then went on ab how he’s only had a running back rush for 1000+ yards 3 times throughout  his career as an OC and HC and I was wrong so I figured I’d own up to it and let the ppl know that they were correct and I was incorrect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah... but I still think he's horrible though. I've never liked him and was ecstatic when he left with Mike. And now he's back and seeking vengeance on this very talented Falcons offense. 

I'm waiting for another horrible season but I wish very badly that I'm wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

Lol I said Koetter sucks at running the ball then went on ab how he’s only had a running back rush for 1000+ yards 3 times throughout  his career as an OC and HC and I was wrong so I figured I’d own up to it and let the ppl know that they were correct and I was incorrect

How many more times has it been? Don’t remember a 1000 yard rusher with us or Tampa, and I don’t think he was with Jax longer than 5 years...

MoFalconsFan56 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Early on the defense was part of the problem with our running game. Getting behind multiple scores don’t help the running game. With a top tier RB and a better defense and the new OL gelling it should be much improved. I say don’t give up completely on DK yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Atl Falcon said:

Early on the defense was part of the problem with our running game. Getting behind multiple scores don’t help the running game. With a top tier RB and a better defense and the new OL gelling it should be much improved. I say don’t give up completely on DK yet.

Typically, getting behind multiple scores hurts your attempts and overall rushing yards, but it can help your ypc average because the defense is playing safe.  Our ypc sucked this year.  

Atl Falcon and MoFalconsFan56 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

I misread some numbers and then started spouting off how DK sucks at running the ball. Although I feel he can get away from running the ball and I don’t like it, I based a whole argument off of incorrect numbers. My apologies. Next time I’ll look closer.
 

@FalconFanSince1970 and @blkbigdog35 I gave you false information.

@Falcons Fan MVP @raysnill1 @Ovie_Lover and I’ll even throw in in @Boise Falcon Fan whomever else I forgot your name but you were right and I was wrong.

 

I’m gonna go drink a beer now. Rise up boys and girls 

You're a good man!

MoFalconsFan56 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Atl Falcon said:

Early on the defense was part of the problem with our running game. Getting behind multiple scores don’t help the running game. With a top tier RB and a better defense and the new OL gelling it should be much improved. I say don’t give up completely on DK yet.

STOP IT with the common sense posts.  The DK haters won't be able to handle it...

Falcons Fan MVP and Atl Falcon like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, pzummo said:

Typically, getting behind multiple scores hurts your attempts and overall rushing yards, but it can help your ypc average because the defense is playing safe.  Our ypc sucked this year.  

Because of OL injuries and not having good backs.

Atl Falcon and Falcons Fan MVP like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jpizzle said:

Was muscle hamster under Koetter?

2015....1400 yards rushing almost 300 yards receiving, 2100 total yards rushing for the team

raysnill1 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, federicofalcon2 said:

2015....1400 yards rushing almost 300 yards receiving, 2100 total yards rushing for the team

We had a healthy Devonta Freeman and healthy Tevin Coleman 95 percent of the season. Devonta Freeman is like an old used car now. I know Kyle is much better run scheming but I think Tevin Coleman would have been a good weapon for Koetter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

I misread some numbers and then started spouting off how DK sucks at running the ball. Although I feel he can get away from running the ball and I don’t like it, I based a whole argument off of incorrect numbers. My apologies. Next time I’ll look closer.
 

@FalconFanSince1970 and @blkbigdog35 I gave you false information.

@Falcons Fan MVP @raysnill1 @Ovie_Lover and I’ll even throw in in @Boise Falcon Fan whomever else I forgot your name but you were right and I was wrong.

 

I’m gonna go drink a beer now. Rise up boys and girls 

Ah yes. Love it when I have the courage to admit I am wrong, when I was! 

Good for the Soul! And most importantly, women like you better for it too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

We had a healthy Devonta Freeman and healthy Tevin Coleman 95 percent of the season. Devonta Freeman is like an old used car now. I know Kyle is much better run scheming but I think Tevin Coleman would have been a good weapon for Koetter.

I agree to a certain extent.  Give him space and he's gone, but the issue was that he always hard a hard time when the line didn't create big enough holes.  He's a great route runner, and pretty decent hands, he was always just a shoe tackle away from breaking most times.

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, federicofalcon2 said:

2015....1400 yards rushing almost 300 yards receiving, 2100 total yards rushing for the team

yep and Charles Sims got 529 yards on 107 carries but had 51 catches for 561 yards. the misconception is Dirk can't run the ball but he can and he will. If the defense plays well and he runs the offense the way he wants to we could easily be a balanced top 5 offense. now he ain't the most creative but towards the end of this season DK pulled out some very good trick plays that made me go "Dirk ... you got THIS in you?" lol

federicofalcon2 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0