Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Regular Guy

I need a little help with a name

56 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Regular Guy said:

Alright folks, thinking about dipping my toes in the restaurant waters but have been struggling coming up with a name for it. It's a bbq restaurant, in case that was a question, lol.

Where's it going to be?

On 2/12/2020 at 11:12 PM, biloxifalcon said:

Where's it going to be?

IF it goes full blown brick and mortar, I'd like to do something around Decatur. To start, if it gets a start, it will be a food truck type thing with some catering action.

mfaulk57158 likes this

Here's what I've come up with so far. Cold Fire (or Coldfire) BBQ Co. or The Forge or Masterforge BBQ. Stuff that's fire related. All the "smoke" names you can think of have been taken already. Still trying to come up with something not too long but sounds good, it's a tough thing thus far.

How good is your cooking?  Most people can serve a fall-off-the-bone rib.  That is easy to do at home.  The real question is how are your sides?  

Your restaurant will be made or broken by your sides.  Collard Greens, Corn bead/muffins and of course, Mac and Cheese.  

Your Collards have to be bacon-infused.  Your Corn Bread has to be slightly sweet and grainy.  Finally, your Mac and Cheese must feature a premium cheese.......if you do the gooey American garbage, you will be just another place.

Oh, and if you get the food right, you can call it anything you want.  My BBQ, Leroy Jenkins' BBQ, or just Regular Guy BBQ.

19 minutes ago, etherdome said:

How good is your cooking?  Most people can serve a fall-off-the-bone rib.  That is easy to do at home.  The real question is how are your sides?  

Your restaurant will be made or broken by your sides.  Collard Greens, Corn bead/muffins and of course, Mac and Cheese.  

Your Collards have to be bacon-infused.  Your Corn Bread has to be slightly sweet and grainy.  Finally, your Mac and Cheese must feature a premium cheese.......if you do the gooey American garbage, you will be just another place.

Oh, and if you get the food right, you can call it anything you want.  My BBQ, Leroy Jenkins' BBQ, or just Regular Guy BBQ.

I agree about the sides 100%! I've been to places that have good meat but the sides utterly suck. My sides are excellent. I make my brisket baked beans from dry beans with my smoked brisket, no canned stuff.  I make red potato salad from scratch, same as my coleslaw. My collards are excellent as well,  not bacon infused though, I use either a smoked ham hock or smoked Turkey leg. Hand cut French fries as well. My mac game is strong too. Cheddar, Jack, parmesan, cream and butter. It's good.

So, at the expense of coming off as arrogant, I have zero concerns about what I cook ;)

I do disagree though about the sides making or breaking me, the meat is what you eat bbq for but the sides surely help!

45 minutes ago, etherdome said:

You just committed an ABF sin. We are gonna let you slide this time but you're speaking to a legend, sir.