blkbigdog35

Potential Free Release???

61 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, RYNE said:

Nah. You get Dobbins and freeman is unnecessary. 

Probably. But it’d be fun to see that combo for a season.

21 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

You knew what? I said that I've never liked the way he runs, and the Super Bowl week thing certainly didn't help him in my eyes.

That it had little to do with believing “he’s done“, and everything to do with not liking him. That’s what.

23 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

That’s where I am as well. Sure, Free might have a little left but I think between the salary cap and his wear and tear it’s time to move on.

There’s some really good backs coming out this year. Chances are we could get a pretty good one in rd 3. 

Vandy and Ezekiel 25:17 like this

1 minute ago, Wardog357 said:

There’s some really good backs coming out this year. Chances are we could get a pretty good one in rd 3. 

Depending on who you can bring back between TE/LB or both, you probably can still get a decent guy in the fourth.

I wouldn’t wait that long(thinking either one of the 2nd or 3rd round like you said)but backs have been dropping in rounds the last few years. 

5 hours ago, Vandy said:

Touché’ Boise.

I have strong opinions, but rarely make such absolutes (“he’s done” “stick a fork in him”) on players still in their prime years. That’s why I was poking you. I’d say your take and other’s in here are a bit of a “premature exaggeration”. :ninja:

In my opinion.

that's what she said..  two birds, one stone....

:ninja::lol:

Vandy likes this

25 minutes ago, papachaz said:

that's what she said..  two birds, one stone....

:ninja::lol:

I’m glad somebody got it, Papa. Figured it’d be Gucci Zeke. 

papachaz likes this

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

I’m glad somebody got it, Papa. Figured it’d be Gucci Zeke. 

yeah when I saw he'd already posted since that post and missed it, I'd better pick up his slack again....

:huh:

:mmmhmm:

Vandy likes this

On 2/12/2020 at 6:34 PM, Knight of God said:

Well, according to @Draftnut57 we already have his replacement. If that’s what we’re doing, I expect a new regime season after this one.

Agree 100%

D.B.N. likes this

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/14/arthur-blank-i-love-devonta-freeman-but-we-have-to-build-a-roster/

Arthur Blank: I love Devonta Freeman, but we have to build a roster

There’s been chatter about the Falcons releasing running back Devonta Freeman this offseason in order to create more cap space and it’s not something that team owner Arthur Blank is ruling out.

Dropping Freeman would leave $6 million of dead money on the cap while freeing up $3.5 million for the team to work with this offseason. Blank said he has “no idea” if General Manager Thomas Dimitroff will go that route, but adds that his affection for Freeman won’t factor into the team’s ultimate decision about which path to follow.

“Well, I love him, too,” Blank said, via Vaughn McClure of ESPN.com. “But this has nothing to do with love. It has to do with building a roster. The salary cap is not unlimited. It seems like it’s unlimited, but it’s not. And the investments we have made — which have been very, very substantial with a wide variety of players on both sides of the ball — have been significant. So personnel, and coach, and [team president] Rich McKay, they’ll be looking at everything and making sure we’re making investments in the right areas based on what the roster has to look like going forward.”

Freeman missed all but two games in 2018 due to a groin injury and posted a career-low yards per carry during the 2019 season, which has helped fuel thoughts that the Falcons run game is going to move in a different direction this year.