Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Unknøwn

Braves Spring Training

473 posts in this topic

Just now, AUTiger7222 said:

I'm not gonna waste my time trying to change your mind. I said my peace about it.

Well I just said you won’t change my mind so you made a great decision!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Skott Lee said:

As long as he embraces the role. And can throw strikes. 

He did just fine last year in that role. In fact, he was great.

  • 51 G, 53 1/3 IP, 43 H, 20 R, 18 ER, 8 HR, 19 BB, 57 SO, 3.00 ERA, 1.163 WHIP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AUTiger7222 said:

King Felix is on a minor league dealing meaning that if he doesn't have a good spring he doesn't even make the team.

Yeah, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him as our number 4 to start the year. My hope is that Wilson or Touki can take it though and stay as the number 5 when Hamels comes back 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AUTiger7222 said:

He did just fine last year in that role. In fact, he was great.

  • 51 G, 53 1/3 IP, 43 H, 20 R, 18 ER, 8 HR, 19 BB, 57 SO, 3.00 ERA, 1.163 WHIP

Keep it up Newc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tl;dr said:

Yeah, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him as our number 4 to start the year. My hope is that Wilson or Touki can take it though and stay as the number 5 when Hamels comes back 

Really need one of them to step it up that's for sure.

tl;dr likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Skott Lee said:

Leo had 3 Tommy Johns in 18 years of coaching. That’s a heckuva record. 

So that is how you evaluate pitching coaches? No wonder you think Leo was so great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

He did just fine last year in that role. In fact, he was great.

  • 51 G, 53 1/3 IP, 43 H, 20 R, 18 ER, 8 HR, 19 BB, 57 SO, 3.00 ERA, 1.163 WHIP

The only issue I have is 51 games and 53 innings. Barely one inning per appearance. Needs two or more innings to be Millar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Skott Lee said:

The only issue I have is 51 games and 53 innings. Barely one inning per appearance. Needs two or more innings to be Millar

He can't help it when Snitker pulls him, but with the 3-batter rule, Snitker can't any longer pull guys after throwing only 1 or 2 pitches like he was known to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Skott Lee said:

The only issue I have is 51 games and 53 innings. Barely one inning per appearance. Needs two or more innings to be Millar

Then I think you are going to love this new 3 batter rule

Malachore likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Skott Lee said:

I just know that Fried needs to change his uniform number. First of all, 54 is a big fat guy number and he’s skinny as a rail. Second of all, that The Great Leo’s number and should be retired. 
I suggest #32 and he’ll look like Koufax throwing. Right now with 54 he looks sickly thin. 

Doubt he changes numbers ever because of his friendship rough the late Tyler Skaggs, who wore 45.

AUTiger7222 and K26dp like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, CrimsonFalcon said:

Doubt he changes numbers ever because of his friendship rough the late Tyler Skaggs, who wore 45.

He went back and added that #32 Sandy Koufax part afterward but it's funny he mentioned that since Fried was a Dodgers fan growing up and his dad taught him to pitch like Sandy Koufax and Fried has worn #32 in the minor leagues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/13/2020 at 11:54 AM, AUTiger7222 said:

I'm not worried about it. If it were a young pitcher I would be more concerned but a veteran pitcher knows how to take care of his body.

very concerning

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DOB said most of the Braves position players are in camp. Freeman, Ozuna and Culberson arrived today. All players must report tomorrow. First full squad workout is Tuesday. 

AUTiger7222 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Who was the team's President before AA's promotion, Mcguirk?

Anthopolous is President of baseball operations. Same title Hart had during the Coppy regime. Anthopolous will just continue as GM instead of hiring a GM like Hart did. Terry McGuirk is still the highest ranking Braves official. Mike Plant is president of The Battery and Braves development, Derek Schiller is president  of the business side of things. 

Malachore likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Unknøwn said:

Anthopolous is President of baseball operations. Same title Hart had during the Coppy regime. Anthopolous will just continue as GM instead of hiring a GM like Hart did. Terry McGuirk is still the highest ranking Braves official. Mike Plant is president of The Battery and Braves development, Derek Schiller is president  of the business side of things. 

So who was President of Baseball Operations before AA, no one? What does this even mean, just a new sign on his door?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Malachore said:

So who was President of Baseball Operations before AA, no one? What does this even mean, just a new sign on his door?

The title was vacant after Hart was forced out. It's just a fancy new title that probably came with a raise. President of operations is the new trend in the league. Multiple guys like Theo in Chicago, Friedman in LA, Bloom in Boston all have the title. Most of them run the team themselves but on occasion some hire a GM to work under them. Theo, for example, hired Jed Hoyer as GM but Theo has final say on any decisions as president of operations.

Malachore likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0