Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ATLSlobberKnockers

A guy I absolutely want in the 7th

1 minute ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Most don't but there are going to be a few players come out of that round this year

There always are. I'm just not informed enough to have a strong opinion about what is always a dart throw 

Just now, DD: Objective Elite said:

I'd rather use that pick and draft the Aussie punter out of Cincinnati. The guy is the coffin corner king.

I won't argue against that, but we have a guy that is pretty good at them now that we will prob let walk. I don't understand the f.o. decision on the punt game at all recently.

1 minute ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Colston, Houshmandzadeh, Ratliff, Keisel, Finnegan, Forsett, Cassel, Stevie Johnson all say the 7th round is where you build championship rosters...lol

The other 1000's of players say it's all a crap shoot and most especially the 7th. I get it though, football nerds love trying to find that diamond in the rough.

16 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

No it just tells you that your looking at a number without context.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/14/sports/college-football-mason-fine.html

How is QBR a number without context? has nothing to do with his measurables which is exactly the type of number you want to be really high when something else isn't ideal.

Maybe if it just shows your guy is really not that good. I will wait all year for you to find me a successful NFL QB with a QBR below 60 in College.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/qbr

16 hours ago, Romfal said:

How is QBR a number without context? has nothing to do with his measurables which is exactly the type of number you want to be really high when something else isn't ideal.

Maybe if it just shows your guy is really not that good. I will wait all year for you to find me a successful NFL QB with a QBR below 60 in College.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/qbr

The number itself isnt out of context, you using it to say he cant play QB in the NFL is. It is no different than saying Chaisson cant play DE because he only got X sacks. There are myriad factors you arent considering. I could make the same argument with QBs with less than a 58% comp % and yet the majority of the board want Benkurt as our #2.

Am I saying that he will usurp Matt Ryan? No. I want him as our 7th round pick, Am I saying that I believe he will be a better option at #2 than Benkurt or Etling? Yes I think he would be, You also arent considering that he played for arguably the worst football team in all of college football. North Texas has gone longer than any other team without having a player drafted which is a testament to just how little talent the team has anywhere. The season before he got there they were a ONE win team, which included a 66-7 loss to Portland State. He made them back to back 9 game winners, and kept them competitive in the rest.

Going into Fine's senior season in 2019, he was named as the top college quarterback in Texas by Dave Campbell's Texas Football and received national media attention for the Heisman campaign started on his behalf by the UNT athletic department. His senior year was a disappointment compared to his sophomore and junior campaigns but he did play with an injury for a few games which limited him. During that stretch he had a couple of games with a QBR of like !0, but after the injury he put up a couple of games with QBR of 88-90. 

And honestly all you have to do is watch some of his games Fine and its obvious dude can play. I would post more but I dont think anyone will watch those either.  Fine set the all-time Oklahoma high school record for passing yards and touchdowns and didnt receive D1 scholorships solely based on his height. 

I could keep going but I'm starting to sound like I'm his grandmother or something.

On 2/11/2020 at 1:46 PM, Jpizzle said:

I'm just not informed enough to have a strong opinion about what is always a dart throw 

thats a good response and an honest answer.  I would venture further to say that the entire day three of the draft is a crapshoot.  

It's more of a project than him coming in as the number 2 guy from day 1. The MR and JJ window is getting smaller each year so they need to use the 7th round to take their chances on finding depth over a project.