Jump to content

Very Good Video on AJ Epenesa


Refried Beans
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Refried Beans said:

Sold on this kid after watching this. Good kid, has good athletic blood line, great work ethic, plays with the recklessness and violence needed to play DE, man I would love to see this kid in Atlanta. 

 

We have alot of options to pick from at the 16 spot.  And he could be there. My dream draft and its not realistic ...

would draft AJ Epenesa with the 16th spot. 

Trade both 2nd round picks and some more picks to move up ahead of the ravens to grab Kenneth Murray.

Then with the 3rd grab a guard Solomon Kindley

That is your 3 starters. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I originally had said AJ Epenesa and then Tyler Biadasz with 2nd pick, then when the Fowler rumors started I was thinking we could trade up for Kinlaw with 1st and 2nd pick, but after watching this, I think we should go Epensa with 1st pick and then Biadasz or Jordan Elliott with 2nd pick, then Antonie Winfield Jr. with 3rd pick. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

I originally had said AJ Epenesa and then Tyler Biadasz with 2nd pick, then when the Fowler rumors started I was thinking we could trade up for Kinlaw with 1st and 2nd pick, but after watching this, I think we should go Epensa with 1st pick and then Biadasz or Jordan Elliott with 2nd pick, then Antonie Winfield Jr. with 3rd pick. 

I talk in one of my post. That AJ Epenesa could be a Carl Nassib player and as high as a JJ watt type player! His size fits both. And how hard he plays fits that jj watt kind of mindset.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, AllStarHandyMan said:

I talk in one of my post. That AJ Epenesa could be a Carl Nassib player and as high as a JJ watt type player! His size fits both. And how hard he plays fits that jj watt kind of mindset.

Might be a nice player, but slow down with the JJ Watt stuff.  JJ Watt type guys come around once in 20 - 30 years. He is probably top 5 defensive players ever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Might be a nice player, but slow down with the JJ Watt stuff.  JJ Watt type guys come around once in 20 - 30 years. He is probably top 5 defensive players ever.

I'm just saying more on the lines of what he could become. With how he plays and also size. But that's why I put Carl Nassib in there because they are also the same size. Everyone has the ability to become great. But alot goes into it! Heart,  ability, work, coaching, play calling, confidence. I mean alot! 

So from what I see right now from AJ Epenesa is a guy who can get 5-10 sacks a year. But also can help in the run game and be moved all along the dline. But could be more then that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not sold on AJ Epenesa.  His highlight reel looks good ( like everyones) and he has great hands....but last night I watched 3 games ( on youtube ) of every snap he took and he DISAPEARS for long stretches.  He also didn't set the edge frequently.  He's good and he gets double A LOT but I'm not sure he's game changing good at the 16th pick. ( should I expect that at 16?)  I wouldn't mind it if we traded down and then got him but Im starting to wonder if I'd rather have Kenneth Murray at 16.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, hollywood said:

I'm not sold on AJ Epenesa.  His highlight reel looks good ( like everyones) and he has great hands....but last night I watched 3 games ( on youtube ) of every snap he took and he DISAPEARS for long stretches.  He also didn't set the edge frequently.  He's good and he gets double A LOT but I'm not sure he's game changing good at the 16th pick. ( should I expect that at 16?)  I wouldn't mind it if we traded down and then got him but Im starting to wonder if I'd rather have Kenneth Murray at 16.

In that case, he has Falcons written all over him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Refried Beans said:

Sold on this kid after watching this. Good kid, has good athletic blood line, great work ethic, plays with the recklessness and violence needed to play DE, man I would love to see this kid in Atlanta. 

 

I like AJ, but would rather have Uche. Both will be good, but Uche will be special. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

Might be a nice player, but slow down with the JJ Watt stuff.  JJ Watt type guys come around once in 20 - 30 years. He is probably top 5 defensive players ever.

He wasn’t considered an all time great coming out of college though. Many have compared AJE to Watt coming out of college. They have a good chance of being selected around the same spot too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, AllStarHandyMan said:

I'm just saying more on the lines of what he could become. With how he plays and also size. But that's why I put Carl Nassib in there because they are also the same size. Everyone has the ability to become great. But alot goes into it! Heart,  ability, work, coaching, play calling, confidence. I mean alot! 

So from what I see right now from AJ Epenesa is a guy who can get 5-10 sacks a year. But also can help in the run game and be moved all along the dline. But could be more then that. 

Thing I like about AJ is he shows up in the big game, he had at least 1 sack against every ranked team they faced this year. He is a gamer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@1989Fan Yep that what I am thinking, this dude will motor up when he's on the big stage, plus he played multiple sports growing up, just a flat all around athlete and clearly he was raised with good work ethic. Kids that play football and basketball growing up usually have great footwork and the comment he made in the video about using the bull rush until he feel them get off balanced and then he makes his move tells you this dude knows what he is doing. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...