Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Falcons Fan MVP

How would you feel about Jaden Graham as our starting tight end in 2020?

47 posts in this topic

i would go with it knowing we just picked up an awesome quality RB in the draft and we will be getting at the mininum a 4th round pick for Hooper next year and more money to fortify this team

Falcons Fan MVP and Falcster like this

8 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Probably won't be as good right off the bat, but I'd trust a corps of him, Toilolo, and Adam Trautman/Harrison Bryant just fine. Throw that money at the defense.

I’d be down with that.

Francis York Morgan likes this

The best thing Hooper does is find the soft spot in the zone. You never really see him beating a linebacker or you dont see him making guys miss. 

The thing I loved about Hooper is he busted his butt becoming who he is now.. but I do think he has reached his peak! But that's a fine peak to reach.

As for Graham he has more of that natural recieving gift. When he played when Hooper was out he did a very good job. So to me the question is was that someone just high on the chance to start and thats why he did a good job. Or is that truly who Graham is. 

You dont have to have a top tight end to win games it's nice to have. If money wasnt a problem sure go for it. But with julio, Ryan, Mack, Matthew, making that much money plus you have Ridley around the corner. Freeman still on the books it's hard to give Hooper 10mil a year.

10 hours ago, GATXBOI said:

i would go with it knowing we just picked up an awesome quality RB in the draft and we will be getting at the mininum a 4th round pick for Hooper next year and more money to fortify this team

You know that in order to have Hooper next year we would have to resign him or exercise the 5th year option in order to trade him next year right? The 5th year option isn't going to happen because it would be too expensive and we wouldn't be doing anything in FA. So you think the Falcons will find some magical way of resigning him and then trading him that very same year???

I'd feel this front office was stupid for paying guys that did nothing like Vic and Freeman and we let a 25 year old top 5 TE walk out the door.

We have not had a consistent sure handed TE since TG was here, we finally draft one and he flourishs here and then let him walk out the door while paying top dollar scrubs who don't contribute a thing to this team

Vic, Freeman, Brown, Carpenter we will pay useless players tons but not young drafted players that earned the higher contract on the field.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

2 hours ago, AllStarHandyMan said:

The best thing Hooper does is find the soft spot in the zone. You never really see him beating a linebacker or you dont see him making guys miss. 

The thing I loved about Hooper is he busted his butt becoming who he is now.. but I do think he has reached his peak! But that's a fine peak to reach.

As for Graham he has more of that natural recieving gift. When he played when Hooper was out he did a very good job. So to me the question is was that someone just high on the chance to start and thats why he did a good job. Or is that truly who Graham is. 

You dont have to have a top tight end to win games it's nice to have. If money wasnt a problem sure go for it. But with julio, Ryan, Mack, Matthew, making that much money plus you have Ridley around the corner. Freeman still on the books it's hard to give Hooper 10mil a year.

That is essentially the same thing Gonzo did while with the Falcons.  Money on 3rd down.  I'm torn with Hooper as I don't think he deserves elite TE money (think Kelce, Ertz) that he will likely command on the open market but Ryan sorely missed the element Hooper brings after #88 retired.  I think we can compensate for his loss with a strong running game and or a running back that can make plays in space.   

2 hours ago, MAD597 said:

I'd feel this front office was stupid for paying guys that did nothing like Vic and Freeman and we let a 25 year old top 5 TE walk out the door.

We have not had a consistent sure handed TE since TG was here, we finally draft one and he flourishs here and then let him walk out the door while paying top dollar scrubs who don't contribute a thing to this team

Vic, Freeman, Brown, Carpenter we will pay useless players tons but not young drafted players that earned the higher contract on the field.

I want to argue  but its true.

2 hours ago, MAD597 said:

Freeman was coming off of back to back 1500+ yard 13+ TD seasons.

In what world is that nothing? It fits exactly your own criteria for wanting to re-sign Hooper.

3 hours ago, MAD597 said:

Vic, Freeman, Brown, and Carpenter are most likely be gone before the start of the new season.  That's the good news.  The horrifying news, which I'm surprised you didn't mention, is the contract with Trufant.  The Falcons are paying him elite status money and although he's our best CB, he's no where close to being elite.  Just imagine what the Falcons could of done with that money they wasted on Trufant.  Definitely DT's worse decision in his career.

1 hour ago, autigerfan said:

That is essentially the same thing Gonzo did while with the Falcons.  Money on 3rd down.  I'm torn with Hooper as I don't think he deserves elite TE money (think Kelce, Ertz) that he will likely command on the open market but Ryan sorely missed the element Hooper brings after #88 retired.  I think we can compensate for his loss with a strong running game and or a running back that can make plays in space.   

I agree somewhat yes! but the other thing Gonzales did was great at boxing out the defensive player. We dont see that to much with Hooper. Also gonzales made the OMG catches that hooper dont... like the 49ers game!! (A catch) but should have been done alot easy then that Gonzales makes that catch

37 minutes ago, Falc0n said:

Vic, Freeman, Brown, and Carpenter are most likely be gone before the start of the new season.  That's the good news.  The horrifying news, which I'm surprised you didn't mention, is the contract with Trufant.  The Falcons are paying him elite status money and although he's our best CB, he's no where close to being elite.  Just imagine what the Falcons could of done with that money they wasted on Trufant.  Definitely DT's worse decision in his career.

While Trufant is borderline stealing from us he certainly is much better than the examples above, This year he finally learned to catch and actually improved.

So he is not completely robbing us blind like the 4 I mentioned even though he is over paid.

It would be risky and the most unproven we have been at TE since Matt's rookie season of 98 but it could work out.  I would prefer we sign an inexpensive vet if we go that route. 

4 hours ago, MoFalconsFan56 said:

I’ll literally bet my account Jaeden Graham doesn’t hold this offense back and actually puts up productive numbers. 

Something tells me coaching staff feels the same. Is faster than Hooper. Caught everything thrown his way. Willing blocker. Heck was first man down on special teams coverage units and not afraid to tackle.

Upside youth and cheap.