Arguments against Chaisson, YGM, Swift and other board favorites

Buyer Beware: I drafted Chaisson and McKinney (fell to the 2nd and went BPA, cut Neal for cap) and McKinney has been way better than Delpit. Also Chaisson has 36 sacks on all-madden on Game 11 (double A gap man blitz in base align is really broken if there's no TE on that side).... so we basically just need to get Chaisson and McKinney and we'll be 10-1 11 games in next season for sure... 

I also traded free and some dudes and got Anfernee Jennings to replace Campbell and Biadasz fell to the 2nd so I cut Mack. It was a heck of a haul I'm tellin' ya. 

34 minutes ago, AllStarHandyMan said:

Good read thanks!!

Brycen Hopkins is the only one I seen out of the group I like. But like it said will constantly get separation but will have drops. I'll take that. You can learn how to catch. Harder to natural have the gifts to get open and separate. 

Agree. Hes the only lock I see. Plus everyon e has drops. When drops is thr biggest knock on a receiver or t.e. That usually means they are well polished.

I agree overall. Chaisson at DE full time will likely disappoint, but as a 20 year old OLB that can already cover, rush, and play the run well, while being a vocal leader, he's a great get. Gross-Matos never dominating is accurate too...pretty rough that his second best game is pretty much Chaisson's average, which isn't great to begin with.

Hopkins is overrated, as is Becton. PFF isn't the be-all end-all though...dangerous to take it all at face value.

14 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Pretty interesting article that contains cons on several board favorites.

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-buyer-beware-10-2020-nfl-draft-prospects

I love the Swift part.  Buyer beware, then it lists the RB’s he is just a tiny bit lower than per PFF

Jacobs, Barkley, Michel, Fournette, McCaffrey, Elliott, Gurley & Gordon

7 hours ago, Vandy said:

Goes to show, if one tries hard enough, you can make an argument against any prospect.

Ain’t that the truth. You can link some sort of downside to any prospect if you look hard enough. Nobody knows 100% until they suit up in the NFL.

when you pick at 16 your gonna get a prospect with some cons, it is just the reality of it.

27 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Ain’t that the truth. You can link some sort of downside to any prospect if you look hard enough. Nobody knows 100% until the suit up in the NFL.

when you pick at 16 your gonna get a prospect with some cons, it is just the reality of it.

Exactly.

Peeps trying extra special hard with it on Chaisson, because he reminds them of Beasley. Which is a lazy argument. Thing is, VB would have been a great pick if he had any dog in him.

Folks aren’t doing their homework. By all accounts, K’Lavon has that which Vic didn’t. That’s what his detractors are missing.

Just now, Vandy said:

Exactly.

Peeps trying extra special hard with it on Chaisson, because he reminds them of Beasley. Thing is, VB would have been a great pick if he had any dog in him.

Folks aren’t doing their homework. By all accounts, Chaisson has what Vic didn’t. That’s what his detractors are missing.

Other than athleticism i dont see a Beasley comparison. I dislike player comparisons in general.

18 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Other than athleticism i dont see a Beasley comparison. I dislike player comparisons in general.

Truth. There’s plenty of 6’4”/250 lb hybrid players...both great and awful.....you could ‘compare’ Chaisson to. 

We can do the Same with comps to Gross- Matos, Swift, Epenesa, et al. Great and awful comps.

To me, the lazy Chaisson comparisons in here to Beasley are just the herd’s recency bias. 

15 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Truth. There’s plenty of 6’4”/250 lb hybrid players...great and awful.....you can ‘compare’ Chaisson to. 

We can do the Same with comps to Gross- Matos, Swift, Epenesa, et al. Great and awful comps.

To me, the lazy Chaisson comparisons in here to Beasley are just the herd’s recency bias. 

Yep. If JA98 was fresh on people's mind s they would be comparing Epenesa, YGM to him.

15 hours ago, OilFuturesTrader19 said:

I'm not enamoured by Swift or Delpit like some.

Lol wait til Delpit whiffs on tackles left and right. No one will be enamored by Delpit anymore.

If we seriously draft Swift it’ll just prove Blank cares more ab selling tickets and jerseys than winning championships.