Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AllStarHandyMan

A mock draft everyone can enjoy! (I hope)

50 posts in this topic

Sign: DE: Carl Nassib : we sign him to a 3 year contract. He is good against the run and also has some sacks. This is not the sack master but is a guy who can get some sacks and help stop the bleeding in the run game.  Well have a bigger impact on the game then what Vic Beasley was here. Due to the run support ability.                    This is that Brook Reed kind of signing!

Resign: Devontre Campbell: might not be popular resign but for the right price I think a good move!  

Adrain Clayborn: 1yr

Tyeler Davison: 2 yr

Blidi wren wilson: 1yr

Not resign: Austin Hooper , Vic Beasley ,Matt Bosher, Jack Crawford, Keith Smith                                                                                         

Cuts: Luke Stocker Ty Sambrorailo Allen Bailey Matt Schaub Devonta Freeman James Carpenter  

Now for the draft!

1st. Kenneth Murray 

2nd. Jonathan Taylor 

2nd. Brycen Hopkins 

3rd. Lamar Jackson 6'2/ 215

4th. Jonathon Gavins DE 6'4/250

5th. Benito Jones DT 6'1/329

7th. Robert Windsor DT 6'4 /285

Just now, Knight of God said:

I like it. It’s not perfect, but I like it

We have alot of holes and we need to start sending smart money to the defense side of the ball. So that's why I had the idea of getting who I think is the best running back in Taylor and also again in my opinion the best TE in Hopkins. We save alot of money there over the years! 

But Benito Jones is one of my favorite prospects that I seen coming in the draft! I see how GM can get stuck on a player and not even think of someone else. Lol

I actually like it. Wouldn’t want to resign Campbell tbh, as well as let go of Hooper. Getting Hopkins to replace Hooper would be pretty crazy, I think the dude actually has high potential, but it’d suck to have to let go of Hooper. Love Taylor, but he really needs to get a handle on his fumbling issues still. Fine with Murray. Don’t know much about everyone else. Definitely want us to resign Davison and Blidi though. 

16 minutes ago, AllStarHandyMan said:

We have alot of holes and we need to start sending smart money to the defense side of the ball. So that's why I had the idea of getting who I think is the best running back in Taylor and also again in my opinion the best TE in Hopkins. We save alot of money there over the years! 

But Benito Jones is one of my favorite prospects that I seen coming in the draft! I see how GM can get stuck on a player and not even think of someone else. Lol

Well I like it

AllStarHandyMan likes this

8 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I actually like it. Wouldn’t want to resign Campbell tbh, as well as let go of Hooper. Getting Hopkins to replace Hooper would be pretty crazy, I think the dude actually has high potential, but it’d suck to have to let go of Hooper. Love Taylor, but he really needs to get a handle on his fumbling issues still. Fine with Murray. Don’t know much about everyone else. Definitely want us to resign Davison and Blidi though. 

That would have to be the prefect storm kind of signing with a way out of it after 2 years. But I liked the idea of not having to fix that hole but instead adding to it. As for hooper love the guy but it's one of them adding 2 young guys and saving money.

3 minutes ago, federicofalcon2 said:

Does this mean Brown and Gono are duking it out for the LG spot?

Yes! With of course some add from undrafted rookies. With the rest of the line coming together I feel you can place the best of the bunch there and play to the strength of the other oline. 

4 minutes ago, RING OF HONOR said:

You coverage all the positions of need...I like it...

I like your cuts and resigns..

Of course I would love to have that sack master game changer in a Defensive end. But I think this is the best route. Play to the strength of the team. Get up on the scoreboard and stop the run first. Then keep the ball in front of you with players not scared to go up and tackle. 

With that in mind that's why I wanted to get Nassib and also bring back Cambell and add another LB that can cover and run and stop them as soon as they catch the ball. 

4 minutes ago, AllStarHandyMan said:

Yes! With of course some add from undrafted rookies. With the rest of the line coming together I feel you can place the best of the bunch there and play to the strength of the other oline. 

I agree.  I really feel that if we give Gono a decent chance to play there he could exceed expectations, and we have done well accruing UDFA that pull their weight to obtain a spot somewhere on this team (Poole for example) and my hope is that MG takes advantage of his opportunity and learns quickly, but if he doesn't there will be someone who can compete right along there causing both of them to step up, whether that is Brown or not, as long as it's successful, i don't really mind at this point.

I also feel that Oline will be a strength next year as well, and with all the leadership and only (hopefully) having to rely on one rookie, and  him being in between 2 great/elite players like Mack and Matthews, it should shorten the learning curve dramatically.

2 minutes ago, AllStarHandyMan said:

Of course I would love to have that sack master game changer in a Defensive end. But I think this is the best route. Play to the strength of the team. Get up on the scoreboard and stop the run first. Then keep the ball in front of you with players not scared to go up and tackle. 

With that in mind that's why I wanted to get Nassib and also bring back Cambell and add another LB that can cover and run and stop them as soon as they catch the ball. 

Love it! Score first score fast score often! Let our defense pin it's ears back and attack with no mercy!!!

1 minute ago, federicofalcon2 said:

Love it! Score first score fast score often! Let our defense pin it's ears back and attack with no mercy!!!

You know what's comical? That's how this team has been built, yet they were adamant about kicking off to start games. You literally built a front running team and intentionally played from behind lol

2 minutes ago, vel said:

You know what's comical? That's how this team has been built, yet they were adamant about kicking off to start games. You literally built a front running team and intentionally played from behind lol

For real...lol

papachaz and AllStarHandyMan like this

2 minutes ago, federicofalcon2 said:

Yes! We have players all over the field on defense. Now let's add some players in there to connect the chain link fence! Think about being up a few touchdowns. And not having your defense super tired like we was in the superbowl. Then you have guys like Takk and Jerret blitzer coming from different areas . We would get home with the cover abilities that linebacker group could give you!.

6 minutes ago, vel said:

Then when they changed it around late in the season low and behold team started playing better! 

papachaz and vel like this

8 minutes ago, vel said:

Nice FA signing OP. Hadn't thought much about Carl Nassib but that's the type of signing I'm expecting and it would pay off. Him and Cominsky give you two solid size DEs for a change. 

I'm a huge fan of AJ Epenesa right! But if you look at the measurables you can kind of see how they kind of look about the same! So I'm like I'm giving up the risk of getting a bust/JJ Watt kind of guy...  for a proven guy who will get some sacks but could help others get more!

It's a unknown vs a proven! Kind of thing lol

Edited by AllStarHandyMan

12 minutes ago, AllStarHandyMan said:

I'm a huge fan of AJ Epenesa right! But if you look at the measurables you can kind of see how they kind of look about the same! So I'm like I'm giving up the risk of getting a bust/JJ Watt kind of guy...  for a proven guy who will get some sacks but could help others get more!

It's a unknown vs a proven! Kind of thing lol

I fully get it. I like Epenesa as well but find myself looking for alternatives to him to maximize that pick at #16. Nassib just may be it. He also provides assurance if Cominsky never pans out either. 

1 hour ago, vel said:

I fully get it. I like Epenesa as well but find myself looking for alternatives to him to maximize that pick at #16. Nassib just may be it. He also provides assurance if Cominsky never pans out either. 

Fun to think about having both Epenesa and Nassib putting them in a package together! With

Takk.    Jerret.       Epenesa.      Nassib

Attacking a oline could be fun! Lol

Vandy and vel like this

29 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

So whats the plan at LG?  Brown?

I talked about that with another poster. 

So number 1 thing is the whole offense line does not have to be world beaters. You can do things to help 1 oline men out. Have Mack help, have a RB chip on the way out. You have more you can do to cover up one hole to not let the water in.

Also Geno played good when he was in plus the oline had a full year to work out and get better. So the competition is there with a good back up.

So to answer your question yes the plan for the LG is on the roster already. You dont have to have every spot on the oline great to win football games! if that was the way to win the Cowboys should have been superbowl champs for the past 5 years! 

Edited by AllStarHandyMan

4 minutes ago, Charles Wright said:

Wes Schweitzer has improved each year. Maybe his time.

Could be 3 people for one spot cant hurt