Is there any way Dimitroff can sign Hooper to where the cap doesn't hit us hard until later?

Falcons Fan MVP

31 minutes ago, FalconofShadows said:

Unfortunately there Is a rule that I believe is you cant have more the a 30% increase in a cap hit for 1 year so that teams cant make a ayers cap be 3m 1 year then go to 12m

There are always way I think... 

Similar to how MIA gave D Parker 4 year 40 mil with 9.5 SB and 21.75 GTD.

His cap hits are 4, 11, 8, 9 the next 4 years.  I'm sure the numbers would be a little higher but not much.  Parker averaged 10 mil per in this contract and Hooper is projected between 9 and 12, so this could be close in terms of how they could make it work, unless I'm missing the layout of his contract?

27 minutes ago, federicofalcon2 said:

There are always way I think... 

Similar to how MIA gave D Parker 4 year 40 mil with 9.5 SB and 21.75 GTD.

His cap hits are 4, 11, 8, 9 the next 4 years.  I'm sure the numbers would be a little higher but not much.  Parker averaged 10 mil per in this contract and Hooper is projected between 9 and 12, so this could be close in terms of how they could make it work, unless I'm missing the layout of his contract?

Free agency starts in like 3 weeks and we havent heard one squeak about the falcons and austin hooper talking 

33 minutes ago, caponine said:

Free agency starts in like 3 weeks and we havent heard one squeak about the falcons and austin hooper talking 

yeah, but that could mean a lot of things, one could be that they are not going to try and bring him back or they are weighing options as to whom they could cut to open more savings in 2020 to be able to not only sign Hooper, but someone else to fill one or more holes necessary, as well as paying for the rookie class.

There are many directions they could be headed and yeah in about 3 weeks we should see just exactly what they have been doing this whole time.

I am ok with Hooper walking and drafting a young TE and battle our work Graham. Sign a good pass rusher and draft best player available. Wins every time. It’s why we have a second round pick and a future pro bowl player in Ridley.

hooper is good, but he’s not a threat. He’s replaceable. 

Edited by AxManBigFan

Just now, FalconsIn2012 said:

As of now we need to replace:

Beasley

Hooper

Clayborn

Wilson

Wes

Campbell

Koo

Those are the big ones

Koo was already tendered. I think wes, Wilson and clayborn get resigned. Rest replaced via draft. I'd bet we make one or two mid to high tier fa signings on the lines as well. Bpa draft 

8 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

With absolutely zero idea what the new cba will bring for the cap. It's Doom and gloom just for the sake of it.

Especially if they add a extra game.. Thats really what alot or agents are waiting for imo.. A decent deal can really look bad according to what lays in the pipeline for the future.. Main reason i believe Dak isnt willing to sign atm