Philip Rivers to TB?

Refried Beans

San Diego announced today they are parting way with Philip Rivers, Rivers recently moved his whole family to Florida. Could Rivers be going to Tampa? Either way Look like another team for sure is taking a QB so that is good for us. Indy. Miami, San Diego, Cinn, Carolina, definitely taking QBs. Possibly  5 of top 10 picks going QB. Going to leave us a good interior d-lineman if that happens.  

Wouldn't be shocked to see two new starters in the South next year. Maybe three if Brees leaves, but I would lean towards two right now. Rivers to the Bucs and the Panthers do something else other than Cam. 

Right now, I wouldn't be shocked to see 4 QBs go ahead of our pick: Burrow, Tua, Herbert, and Love. Maybe even another guy too (Fromm) which would happen because of the demand of the QB position. 

Just now, tl;dr said:

Wouldn't be shocked to see two new starters in the South next year. Maybe three if Brees leaves, but I would lean towards two right now. Rivers to the Bucs and the Panthers do something else other than Cam. 

Right now, I wouldn't be shocked to see 4 QBs go ahead of our pick: Burrow, Tua, Herbert, and Love. Maybe even another guy too (Fromm) which would happen because of the demand of the QB position. 

I've seen Eason listed in a few mocks as the number 5, but I can see Fromm being picked there as well. Only to most likely have a worse career than his predessor, Murray :D

flame away all you that want to, but I'm a Dawg fan through and through I couldn't wait to see Murray move on, and after last year with Jake, I wish we could have appeased Justin and got him to stick around

I think San Diego will take Eason and Carolina will take Love. 

Cinn- Burrows- Next Aaron Rodgers

Miami- Tua Next Russell Wilson

Indy- Herbert (6'6 227) I think this dude will flop. 

San Diego- Eason (6'6 227) Solid pick Basically a younger Rivers

Carolina- Love (6'3 223) Baylor coach gets his mobile QB. 

Edited by Refried Beans

2 minutes ago, papachaz said:

I've seen Eason listed in a few mocks as the number 5, but I can see Fromm being picked there as well. Only to most likely have a worse career than his predessor, Murray :D

flame away all you that want to, but I'm a Dawg fan through and through I couldn't wait to see Murray move on, and after last year with Jake, I wish we could have appeased Justin and got him to stick around

Completely forgot about Eason lol. I think I like him better than Fromm honestly. Didn't watch much Washington football, but when I did, I was always so confused as to how they were a 7-5 team. He has an arm on him. 

I guess we will see what this Newman kid can do though. Hard to compare what he did in the ACC to what he could do in the SEC.

See Trevor Lawrence for example (and buckle up, because this is about to get wild). In his three toughest games of the season by far (A&M, Ohio State, and LSU), he went:

60/105 (57.1%), 761 yards (253.6 YPG & 7.2 YPA) , 3 TD, 1 INT. Now I'll be fair and add that he did have 145 yards rushing and 3 rushing TD's too. Level of competition changed Lawrence... A LOT and I haven't heard near as many people talking about it as they should. 

Against LSU, several QBs had higher QBRs than Lawrence did including: Kyle Trask, Sam Ehlinger, Shelton Eppler, Garrett Shrader, Tua Tagovailoa, John Rhys Plumlee, Matt Corral, and Jalen Hurts.

Against A&M, it was more of the same. 

And it's not like Lawrence doesn't have better WR's than pretty much all of those teams except maybe for Tua. Trevor Lawrence is a good QB, but I have no idea what people are seeing that makes them think he is one of the best QBs to enter the draft in a while lol. The dude is so wildly inaccurate it's crazy. His WRs bail him out so much. Burrow and Tua had great WRs too, but just watching them throw the ball, both of them make throws that are just deadly accurate. Neither of them gets bailed out by 50/50 balls anywhere near the amount that Lawrence does. 

I apologize for devolving lol. I just think Trevor Lawrence is no where near as good as some NFL people think he is lol. 

9 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

Idk if I can call someone the next Rodgers or Rivers without seeing them play an NFL snap. Both of those guys have been elite QBs and won big games before. I'm a big Tua fan, but I'm not ready to say he is the next Russell Wilson. 

1 hour ago, Refried Beans said:

1 hour ago, Refried Beans said:

The way Burrows and Tua move and see the field to me are very similar. I wish we were further up because I would go all in for Burrows if I was Falcons. I know we got Ryan for a couple of more year but Burrows will be just like Rodgers. 

Rodgers is historically the most efficient QB of all time by far. He has yet to go over 100 ints for his career. Rodgers may retire with close to a 5:1 ratio in tds to ints. 

There is a 1% chance that Burrow will be anywhere near as efficient as Rodgers has been in his career.

Eason is much different than Rivers. Eason has an absolute cannon for an arm and can move really well for his size. Rivers is the ultimate statue QB and his arm has never been as strong as Eason's.

Tua needs to prove that he can stay healthy and he will get killed behind that Dolphins o-line if forced to play early. He's not Wilson. Wilson has also been very durable despite taking a lot of hits and sacks.

• 2 weeks later...